September 19, 2018, 04:34:57 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126495 times)

March 03, 2018, 05:18:37 AM
Reply #45

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Surely you can see the difference between being appointed manager of a team in 18th just 5 points and one place off the bottom club and being appointed manager of club sat 13th only 2 points off 9th?
Yes I can. That's why I said when Koeman left. I never mentioned Sam - you did.
If you're looking at the prize money since Sam arrived it's  £11m. Still not bad business?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 03, 2018, 05:52:01 AM
Reply #46

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
As I said 6 posts above - gently taking the piss to highlight the hysteria on here. Even after writing that someone took the next post seriously!!!!
Chill out, folks. Sam was only ever a short term appointment and the overblown reactions on here are looking really stupid.
This thread has reached a point where it needs a serious injection of realism and some old fashioned humour.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 06, 2018, 01:50:54 AM
Reply #47

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I think the dislike of Allardyce and the total focus on finding anything and everything to use against him masks a much more serious issue - there were and still are major issues within the club. More specifically there have been issues within the squad going back quite a time. When Sam goes what a task facing the next manager! How long does a new man need to put his stamp on a team and start to see positive results from his efforts? Some of those issues are sheer bad luck like the injuries or loss of form. Some new signings will work straight away (usually those with recent PL experience) some take ages to bed in. A very few turn out to be just not good enough. Players age, some slowly some quickly, young players develop at a different pace from each other. And some managers just get it wrong and some get it right.
Have we really got the patience to wait for someone else to come in and start at square one again with the months possibly seasons, it will take?
Whilst Sam is here we need to use his experience to move us as far forward as he can take us. I still believe one thing (perhaps the only thing?) he will bring is that by the end of the season he will have a squad who genuinely play for him as a team. That is what he has consistently achieved in the past. I don't particularly care whether it's attractive or nor in the short term as the longer term is more important.  Once that group of players is identified and playing as a team then the next manager has a clear starting position to move from. Without that starting position we can add yet another season on to the time it will take whilst he first of all sorts that chaos.

March 06, 2018, 05:31:30 AM
Reply #48

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
So you think a manager who has awful tactics, statiscally the worst in the league, who then blames the players when it goes wrong and tells everyone it’s all him when we win against garbage like Huddlesfield, will “genuinely play for him as a squad” ?

Stay off the drugs.
Like any high level manager he will be ruthless when he thinks he has to be. So he will end up with 'his team' by the end of the season. Not saying anyone will like it or want it but the point I'm making is he deals with the chaos now and comes up with some sort of order. That saves the next manager a job because whoever came in after RK had to sort a real shit storm. When the next manager is appointed most people on here will say he needs 12 -24 months before he is judged don't lumber the poor bugger with a further 12 months to sort the chaos before he even gets to start building a team.
He was hired as a firefighter, make absolutely no bones about it, do not be under any misconception at all he was hired to make sure we did not go down.
That Is basically what I am saying so let him be the one put the fire out and the next manager then has one less task.

March 11, 2018, 02:26:26 AM
Reply #49

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
His January signings coming good now.