August 22, 2018, 03:08:33 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 124277 times)

February 25, 2018, 02:24:56 PM
Reply #2460

blue slug

And all would of been gettable

February 25, 2018, 02:28:03 PM
Reply #2461

Nicco

To think Salah , Firmino and Mane all cost less than Sigurdsson .
But you know, PL proven and all that...
Jönköpings Södra IF

February 25, 2018, 02:37:57 PM
Reply #2462

Rodenplav64

I don't think The Big Man , The Boss , Big Sam could conjure a goal out of the 3 of them though .

February 25, 2018, 02:41:41 PM
Reply #2463

Escla

NSNO Subscriber

Maybe that’s because they don’t have a highly paid D.O.F ?

February 25, 2018, 02:52:46 PM
Reply #2464

sirblue57

We need rid of him and the rest of the shit. If, and it's a massive if, we are to attract the quality of player to drive us forward, we need a manager who will attract them. Because the club s reputation surely won't .
Money alone will not change this, we need to change the whole attitude and ethos off the club.
Fuck being nice, we need to show ambition, pride and determination, all sadly lacking with most of these players, and it seems the coaches and manager.
I'm the "trophy husband" from the game my wife regrets playing.

February 25, 2018, 03:04:51 PM
Reply #2465

indiantoffee1975

This cunt will also oversee the lowest points total in 14 years. We won't won't finish above the 47 points Martinez finished in his last two seasons.

February 25, 2018, 03:16:46 PM
Reply #2466

Gash

Global Moderator
Interesting that the handful of Allardyce apologists that are left have coincidentally found themselves too busy doing other things since last night to come on here and stick up for him.

I can't see much of an arguement left for keeping him anyway.

February 25, 2018, 03:20:07 PM
Reply #2467

Macca77

The trip to Dubai worked wonders didn't it

February 25, 2018, 03:20:32 PM
Reply #2468

Lxxx

Not sure how the Allardyce defenders can defend these stats. Truly is Walter Smith-esque. Dark days.

https://twitter.com/matt_cheetham/status/967525862869536770

February 25, 2018, 03:22:29 PM
Reply #2469

Macca77

It will be all over soon

February 25, 2018, 04:03:25 PM
Reply #2470

Fynci

Unsworth did a shambolic job all be it short term and in testing circumstances. I genuinely can't believe anyone still thinks he's the answer

I would be delighted if Sam was shown the door and we gave it to Unsworth for the rest of the season. We need to take stock and stop demoralising the players. Sam is blaming everybody but himself.

February 25, 2018, 04:28:44 PM
Reply #2471

sam of the south

It will be all over soon

I wish I had your confidence.

I reckon this whole dreamteam of Allardyce, Walsh et al will still be here at the start of next season as well.

Holgate, Lookman, and Vlasic won’t, but a new batch of overpriced 27-30 year-old journeyman will be, though.

Fucking grim.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 25, 2018, 04:40:50 PM
Reply #2472

AllyBlue14

Interesting that the handful of Allardyce apologists that are left have coincidentally found themselves too busy doing other things since last night to come on here and stick up for him.

I can't see much of an arguement left for keeping him anyway.

Ok, I'll bite.

If by apologist you mean someone who doesn't:

- begrudge the points we actually did win when Allardyce first joined (and I don't include West Ham);
- start calling for his resignation the second he lost his first match;
- use every word he says as a knife to stab him with;
- go around calling him Big Fat Gravy-Swigging Sam....

then yes, that's me. Just because you don't yield to the mob mentality, doesn't mean you think the sun shines out of his arse.

I think you'll find that most of the so-called Allardyce apologists have said that if he gets the team playing decent football - and more importantly winning - then he will have earned the right to stay on a bit longer. Which, objectively, whether you like him or not is the fair thing to do. If we're doing well, there's no point sacking the manager unless an obviously better, more suitable for the long-term manager becomes available.

Clearly, however, we're not playing well and nor are the results particularly great, so you would hope the board are looking at potential replacements (as they should always be - although I just don't think they are). As such, if performances/results continue (and for a manager who is so into stats, that Matt Cheetham post should be startling), we should get rid. Simple as that.

February 25, 2018, 06:02:02 PM
Reply #2473

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Unsworth did a shambolic job all be it short term and in testing circumstances. I genuinely can't believe anyone still thinks he's the answer

Is there any difference in results when you compare unsworth and allardyce?

February 25, 2018, 06:04:12 PM
Reply #2474

mikey_blue

Just seen someone call Sam "Lardiola". I love twitter.