September 19, 2018, 11:49:30 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 126689 times)

February 25, 2018, 11:48:12 PM
Reply #2490

Evertonian in NC

I hope we’ve already had contact and preliminary discussions about the future of the club with his replacement.

Guaranteed we haven’t, though.

Needs to be a long-term hire, who values youth and will be left the fuck alone for three seasons, minimum.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 25, 2018, 11:50:58 PM
Reply #2491

sam of the south

Needs to be a long-term hire, who values youth and will be left the fuck alone for three seasons, minimum.

Yes, it would be nice to get a progressive duo in the DOF and Manager positions.

Jesus, we’ve got an old PE teacher as DOF and Sam Allardyce as Manager 😔
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 25, 2018, 11:53:16 PM
Reply #2492

Evertonian in NC

Yes, it would be nice to get a progressive duo in the DOF and Manager positions.

Sad but true.  The nice thing is, very hard to fall off the floor!
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

February 25, 2018, 11:57:02 PM
Reply #2493

sam of the south

Sad but true.  The nice thing is, very hard to fall off the floor!

I dunno, mate, Moshiri seems to be full of shit surprises to be honest
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

February 25, 2018, 11:57:26 PM
Reply #2494

boothill

Just picking up snippets here and there, but did he actually say "we thoroughly deserved a nil nil draw"? or did i hear it wrong ?

February 26, 2018, 12:25:38 AM
Reply #2495

Lxxx

I'm not sure there aren't better PE teachers out there who couldn't do a better job either.

February 26, 2018, 12:52:15 AM
Reply #2496

Waltzer

Im not worried if its a long term appointment or not, whats more important is we have a direction and strategy. Our managerial appointments have no cohesion, there appears to be not forward planning or thought that goes into getting the right manager for our squad which results in the need for major squad overhauls all the time.

February 26, 2018, 01:20:46 AM
Reply #2497

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damning-statistics-underline-sam-allardyces-14335390

Everton have had the fewest shots of any side in the Premier League during Allardyce’s time in charge, while also creating the fewest chances from open play. The Toffees have actually faced the second most shots during that time - all damning statistics.

That just goes to show he hasn't really made us any better since he come in
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 01:22:35 AM by TheRam »

February 26, 2018, 01:45:16 AM
Reply #2498

kramer0

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/damning-statistics-underline-sam-allardyces-14335390

Everton have had the fewest shots of any side in the Premier League during Allardyce's time in charge, while also creating the fewest chances from open play. The Toffees have actually faced the second most shots during that time - all damning statistics.

That just goes to show he hasn't really made us any better since he come in

Currently, we're bottom 10 in shot ratio ((shots taken)/(total shots in our matches)) in the time that Opta has been collecting data (since 2009-10).

Same if you change it to shots on target.

https://objective-football.blogspot.com.es/2014/12/the-enlightened-era-2009-2014.html?m=1

(TSR and SoTR, if you want to sort the link above.)

Pure shot totals aren't everything (shot quality matters a lot) but it's not a good sign for a club with "ambition.” We profile out more like Burnley than the teams we say we want to compete with. And this is not just an indictment of Allardyce. Koeman was crap too and we've spent a ton of money on players who don't contribute to enough to chance creation (shakes fist at Walsh).

Something behind the scenes is rotten. We're basically an expensive, less effective Burnley. It's grim. No surprise that none of us really want to watch this team right now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 05:23:19 AM by kramer0 »

February 26, 2018, 03:05:34 AM
Reply #2499

Dr. Sponge

I don’t even know any more.

We’ve assembled a very expensive and very average squad, with some major flaws.

But whatever you have available, you need a plan to win the game and we didn’t look like we had a plan.

February 26, 2018, 03:40:39 AM
Reply #2500

Mayor Farnum

Just another symptom of Everton. All the drawbacks of being a big club without any of the advantages. Big enough to attract the players that the also-rans can't afford but we have to pay high transfer fees and wages for players that still aren't going to impact on the top six. Big enough to be taken seriously by the top clubs in cup competitions so we are more or less out once the draw has been made.
Big enough to garner expectations from the fan base, but that same expectation weighs too heavily on players that are not good enough to deliver, and leads to frustration in the crowd that makes Goodison a harder place for the players to flourish.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 03:42:58 AM by Mayor Farnum »

February 26, 2018, 04:57:06 AM
Reply #2501

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
“We’ve just got to get ourselves out of it. We’ve done a good job up to now. You have to remember we were only two points off relegation when I arrived so everyone was talking about how we were going to go down. We’ve been in the top half a long time since. We got a disappointing result today but we’ve still got the opportunity with 10 games to go to stay in the top half of the table and then I’d say it’s been a decent season.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/evertons-signings-not-providing-value-14336069
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 26, 2018, 05:03:51 AM
Reply #2502

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh my fucking god he still hasn’t got his sports psychologist in, no wonder we’re still goosed players heads are all over the gaff.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

February 26, 2018, 07:04:45 AM
Reply #2503

Shogun

Administrator
He's like a pessimistic David Moyes.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

February 26, 2018, 07:13:27 AM
Reply #2504

BlueMaquis

“They get the ball and pass it, not me,” he said.

“So, if you get the ball and move it forward to one of your front men, your front men get in the game and they attack the other teams defence. But you can’t blame me if they don’t pass the ball to each other.”

Right. He's not responsible, the players are. I'll remember that when we scrape our next 1-0 win and he brags about having turned the club around.