August 25, 2019, 03:29:30 AM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 163668 times)

March 03, 2018, 01:43:49 AM
Reply #2760

sam of the south

Explanation needed as I am too busy trying to fit the profile some have set for me on here .

Click on the pic, mate, it was an adult dating site advert (I presume) trying to tempt me with Ďflirtatious maturesí just underneath your post
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

March 03, 2018, 01:51:42 AM
Reply #2761

Rodenplav64

It is a fact though isn't it?

Fact is the way we are playing will be back down in the shite after the City game . We are worse than when he took over .

March 03, 2018, 02:54:45 AM
Reply #2762

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
How many packs of Bisto can he get on those wages the greedy little piggy

All of them.

March 03, 2018, 03:02:28 AM
Reply #2763

Jamokachi

March 03, 2018, 03:40:14 AM
Reply #2764

Evertonian in NC

that we were 13th when he took over and not 18th?

yes.  that's a fact.

And it's also a FACT that all of this is splitting gnat's hairs, which is all one can do when trying to make some bizarro defence (are y'all proud of me?) of Allardyce's record here.
"If you want a really scary thought, imagine how stupid the average American is.  Then realize...half of 'em are dumber than THAT." - George Carlin

March 03, 2018, 04:38:52 AM
Reply #2765

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
that we were 13th when he took over and not 18th?

yes.  that's a fact.
I did say when Koeman left?
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 03, 2018, 04:47:34 AM
Reply #2766

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
And it's also a FACT that all of this is splitting gnat's hairs, which is all one can do when trying to make some bizarro defence (are y'all proud of me?) of Allardyce's record here.
No, it's not splitting gnat's hairs it's gently taking the piss to illustrate the hysteria on here and how stupid it must look to a lot of people reading it.
You won't find me defending Sam anywhere (it's not that difficult to check old posts - do it) but I fully admit to preferring sensible debate to insulting, childish and prejudiced posts that seem to litter the previous 182 pages.☺
Come next season I hope a few people can look back at this entire thread and laugh at themselves a bit.
In the meantime I might find a few more stats to give me something to do.🤔
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 04:48:50 AM by Shropshire Blue »
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

March 03, 2018, 05:09:00 AM
Reply #2767

Ross

I did say when Koeman left?

Surely you can see the difference between being appointed manager of a team in 18th just 5 points and one place off the bottom club and being appointed manager of club sat 13th only 2 points off 9th?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 03, 2018, 05:18:37 AM
Reply #2768

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Surely you can see the difference between being appointed manager of a team in 18th just 5 points and one place off the bottom club and being appointed manager of club sat 13th only 2 points off 9th?
Yes I can. That's why I said when Koeman left. I never mentioned Sam - you did.
If you're looking at the prize money since Sam arrived it's  £11m. Still not bad business?

March 03, 2018, 05:23:40 AM
Reply #2769

Ross

Yes I can. That's why I said when Koeman left. I never mentioned Sam - you did.
If you're looking at the prize money since Sam arrived it's  £11m. Still not bad business?

Not when you take into account the money it cost to sack Koeman and his entourage and employ Allardyce and his plus compensation packages involved.

And letís not pretend weíre not talking about Allardyce in the Allardyce thread thatís just a bit silly.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

March 03, 2018, 05:25:26 AM
Reply #2770

Bluedylan

No, it's not splitting gnat's hairs it's gently taking the piss to illustrate the hysteria on here and how stupid it must look to a lot of people reading it.
You won't find me defending Sam anywhere (it's not that difficult to check old posts - do it) but I fully admit to preferring sensible debate to insulting, childish and prejudiced posts that seem to litter the previous 182 pages.☺
Come next season I hope a few people can look back at this entire thread and laugh at themselves a bit.
In the meantime I might find a few more stats to give me something to do.🤔

You appear to think you're being the voice of reason but you're not really making any sense. And then when you get challenged on something irrelevant or inaccurate that you've said, you just change the subject.

It's odd.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:33:18 AM by Bluedylan »
''In the words of the prophet, today you sell your ring, tomorrow your watch, next week your chain and in 77 days, you won't have eyes to cry with''

Accattone - Pier Paolo Pasolini.

March 03, 2018, 05:31:35 AM
Reply #2771

Bob Sacamano

Didnít we have to pay palace?

March 03, 2018, 05:52:01 AM
Reply #2772

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
As I said 6 posts above - gently taking the piss to highlight the hysteria on here. Even after writing that someone took the next post seriously!!!!
Chill out, folks. Sam was only ever a short term appointment and the overblown reactions on here are looking really stupid.
This thread has reached a point where it needs a serious injection of realism and some old fashioned humour.

March 03, 2018, 05:55:51 AM
Reply #2773

Jamokachi

As I said 6 posts above - gently taking the piss to highlight the hysteria on here. Even after writing that someone took the next post seriously!!!!
Chill out, folks. Sam was only ever a short term appointment and the overblown reactions on here are looking really stupid.
This thread has reached a point where it needs a serious injection of realism and some old fashioned humour.

There's plenty of realism though; the reality being he's absolutely useless, and it's soul crushing having him in charge.

March 03, 2018, 06:04:08 AM
Reply #2774

Ross

Didnít we have to pay palace?

Yeah the standard one years salary it seems.

Disgraceful management but not shocking for us recently.