October 15, 2019, 06:24:59 PM

Author Topic: The big man, the boss; Big Sam  (Read 167509 times)

February 04, 2018, 06:20:12 PM
Read 167509 times

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Ya can't pick a team like that and expect to get anything from any game in the Premier League, never mind away at Arsenal.

He's shot himself in the foot quite a few times now, since the draw against Chelsea, with poor team selections.

It runs deeper than Allardyce though, the club is a bit of a circus at the moment. Still no left back signed, it's been nearly 2 years since everyone on here unanimously agreed we needed to replace Baines. Plus there seems to be a problem with our new striker already.

Both Allardyce and Walsh need to go in the summer, and Moshiri needs to get himself better advisors.

David Dein or somebody like him would help Moshiri and the club no end.

February 05, 2018, 11:40:04 PM
Reply #1

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I agree but with his 49.9% share its almost like he doesnt want to have to make the hard decisions? When you look at Everton over the year it smacks of a failed business, failed ground moves, financially in a bit of a mess, loans everywhere, selling all of our assets etc yet we have retained all the same people to a large extent that put us in this position, even promoted some of them. The clubs needs a clear out from the top to bottom. I honestly think we need someone like David Dean to come in and steer this ship away from the cliffs and impending doom!

Mentioned David Dein as a person to give the club guidance and therefore, stability yesterday. However, he may not want to go back to that now or be the best option now but I agree that we need someone of his ilk.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 11:41:16 PM by Toffee1 »

February 25, 2018, 03:15:03 AM
Reply #2

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
This sums up best what we should be aspiring to:

Nīl satis nisi optimum,  "Only the best is good enough".

Under Sam Allardyce, we stand no chance of achieving it and/or getting even halfway close.

February 27, 2018, 12:03:37 AM
Reply #3

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
I reckon we will have a replacement already lined up, stupid of me I know

Its not stupid to think that, after the failed pursuit of Silva and the panic appointment of the Dinosaur - we would hope that the powers that be would have learned their lesson and have some options lined up to approach as soon as the season ends.

Personally, I think it will be either Silva or Fonseca.

March 05, 2018, 11:38:53 PM
Reply #4

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber

March 06, 2018, 03:36:30 PM
Reply #5

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Carragher defo still loves us, and is one of the only people who accurately conveys the feelings of the majority of our fans in the national media. I'm actually grateful for his representation and opinions because he completely gets it:

Apart from the occasional mischievous tweet, he is spot on with his analysis of us.

March 06, 2018, 03:45:39 PM
Reply #6

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
Hes quite funny on Twitter, always gives as good as he gets. His commentary on sat was spot on as well, "when your in bad form and haven't won for a while play Everton"

It is all done in jest and I actually like some of his trolling as some can't see that it is just that, a laugh and take it seriously.

I really wish that the Dinosaur goes on the MNF programme, so that Carra and Neville can grill him - won't happen though as Allardyce is living in cloud cuckoo land.

March 08, 2018, 03:08:02 PM
Reply #7

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
His press conference is at 10am this morning - wonder how many times he will say how he feels worse than we do or will he just laugh/smirk it off?

Text commentary on here from whenever, he decides to show up.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-news-transfer-rumours-live-14382154
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 03:12:54 PM by Toffee1 »

March 08, 2018, 04:14:28 PM
Reply #8

Toffee1

NSNO Subscriber
His comments about us.

"When the fans see the players not playing to the levels they come to expect theyíre going to show their disapproval. We need to give them more to shout about, starting with this weekend. Every clubís fans have a lot of passion. The history of Everton is far greater than Newcastle or West Ham but every fan has passion. Everton is completely different from them clubs but it was just a comparison. The ambition of Everton is greater but if you donít entertain or play as well as they expect the fans show their disapproval. I have to reverse that and get everyone behind us. The fans have been fantastic since Iíve been here and helped the team to get a result."

Back tracking on the comparison with Newcastle and West Ham. Can he play entertaining football?