January 18, 2018, 06:05:46 PM

Author Topic: [News]Trying to be positive with Sam the Man  (Read 447 times)

December 01, 2017, 05:15:01 PM
Read 447 times

Everton News

Trying to be positive with Sam the Man

After over five weeks of... well, I'm not sure, who does know what's been going on these last five weeks? Not the fans, thats for sure. We've had numerous managers linked with us over that time and favourite in the betting has been passed between candidates almost on a daily basis.

Source: Trying to be positive with Sam the Man

deCoubertin

December 01, 2017, 09:27:08 PM
Reply #1

everton1952

Very encouraged by Sam's first press conference. He has an obvious comprehensive grasp of what is required to get things right with a backroom staff of huge experience which must greatly improve our fitness levels and in itself is a very positive development. His proposal to have a one to one with each player to see if their ambitions fit with the club's and if not move them on is a another positive step.  His whole manner is a big improvement compared with Koeman's, and that should influence the players as well. I feel very positive about the next couple of years. 

December 01, 2017, 10:51:40 PM
Reply #2

Normm

"Everton Football Club can confirm that Sammy Lee and Craig Shakespeare have been appointed to work on the coaching staff of new manager Sam Allardyce."

That's a very strong coaching staff with Shakespeare and Lee (forget his wayward past!)

The part of his press conference that impressed me the most was his reply to the question, "Why Everton?"

He replied: "Because it's Everton." ... That's enough. No more to be said. Everyone knows its history.

December 01, 2017, 10:59:59 PM
Reply #3

Smingers

I read that as Sam Hammam at first

December 01, 2017, 11:07:33 PM
Reply #4

gizzblue

I'm now just glad the fucking around is over we have a manager who needs us to do well too...
Gotta be positive and move on personally .

Won't be one of those hoping for failure just so I can say ...told you so on a forum ..  Everton first.

December 02, 2017, 01:05:41 AM
Reply #5

toffee_scot

Sam came across quite well in the press conference.

I wasn't happy with his appointment but he's the Everton manager now and his task is to try and get Everton as high up the table as possible and implement a solid foundation again to our team.

December 02, 2017, 02:24:06 PM
Reply #6

BlueForYou

Tried and tested backroom staff (have no qualms about Liverpool connections) but would have preferred Unsworth remaining as additional first team coach with Ebbrell taking over U23's

Big Sam, Big Ideas, Big Club, Big Times - it doesn't get bigger than this!
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 02, 2017, 06:03:38 PM
Reply #7

Dr. Sponge

Tried and tested backroom staff (have no qualms about Liverpool connections) but would have preferred Unsworth remaining as additional first team coach with Ebbrell taking over U23's

Big Sam, Big Ideas, Big Club, Big Times - it doesn't get bigger than this!

True about Unsy but if I've learnt anything from Armageddon and Bruce Willis, it's that you need your own trusted team if you're gonna save the world. That, and don't let that shit Affleck anywhere near your daughter.