September 20, 2018, 05:34:21 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 62681 times)

June 26, 2018, 03:29:22 PM
Reply #2145

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
That England Belgium game could be absolutely terrible

Quite possibly nothing to back this up but I have a feeling when teams do rest players and make big changes to the team that momentum is lost a bit, also that it's been so long since we've won a world cup knockout game that we can't take the 2nd round as a given win and try and work out who we would prefer to play in the quarters and semis

Fairly sure this tournament will end for England on a debatable VAR decision and that the British press will absolutely kick the tits out of it for ages
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 26, 2018, 03:37:42 PM
Reply #2146

Bluedylan

A few random opinions - We'll play to beat Belgium. We have to really. If you try to get second and it ends up backfiring, you'd never live it down. Also, no-one looks unbeatable so just deal with what the draw brings.

VAR's been overwhelmingly positive. Just should've been trialed a bit earlier to iron out the creases.

I made the mistake of turning Talksport on for half an hour while I was waking up earlier, and Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil were mocking another commentator for going to the Ballet while in Moscow. Parlour said he spent the night in the hotel bar. This is everything that's wrong with certain English people.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 26, 2018, 03:52:20 PM
Reply #2147

Macca77

Word from Belgium is that Martinez has said he wants to finish 2nd.

Obviously not exactly like that but it is what he’s implying.

It does seem the easier route strangely.

The Moose on talksport said something similar last night, he had been in the Belgium training camp and spoke to Martinez who apparently told him that Lukaku, Hazard, KDB and Mertens all have knocks so deffo wont be playing.

Of course this could be bollocks like

June 26, 2018, 03:53:35 PM
Reply #2148

Bluedylan

Looking forward to Martinez costing Belgium their place in the tournament at some point.

June 26, 2018, 03:56:25 PM
Reply #2149

Gash

Global Moderator
A few random opinions - We'll play to beat Belgium. We have to really. If you try to get second and it ends up backfiring, you'd never live it down. Also, no-one looks unbeatable so just deal with what the draw brings.

VAR's been overwhelmingly positive. Just should've been trialed a bit earlier to iron out the creases.

I made the mistake of turning Talksport on for half an hour while I was waking up earlier, and Ray Parlour and Alan Brazil were mocking another commentator for going to the Ballet while in Moscow. Parlour said he spent the night in the hotel bar. This is everything that's wrong with certain English people.

Didn't hear it but apparently Cundy has made a grovelling apology for saying he doesn't like women commentators on GMB yesterday, says their voices are too high pitched. Although I can never quite get my head round Piers Morgan taking the moral high ground with anyone.

June 26, 2018, 03:57:09 PM
Reply #2150

Ramjam

Looking forward to Martinez costing Belgium their place in the tournament at some point.
He certainly will, they’re not to flash at the back, they will have to score 3 goals per game from here on in to be sure they stay in the comp as they definitely have the potential to concede 2 per game
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 03:59:38 PM
Reply #2151

Bluedylan

He certainly will, they’re not to flash at the back, they will have to score 3 goals per game from here on in to be sure they stay in the comp as they definitely have the potential to concede 2 per game

The one thing we can definitely say is that he won't take any responsibility for it when it does happen, because the Mr Nice guy thing is really just a cover for his massive narcissism, and unwillingness to be self critical.

June 26, 2018, 04:00:47 PM
Reply #2152

Jamokachi

In their defence they're missing their best 2 defenders at the moment.

June 26, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Reply #2153

Ramjam

The one thing we can definitely say is that he won't take any responsibility for it when it does happen, because the Mr Nice guy thing is really just a cover for his massive narcissism, and unwillingness to be self critical.
Phenomenal quote mate, I couldn’t agree more
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 04:02:24 PM
Reply #2154

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
That England Belgium game could be absolutely terrible

Quite possibly nothing to back this up but I have a feeling when teams do rest players and make big changes to the team that momentum is lost a bit, also that it's been so long since we've won a world cup knockout game that we can't take the 2nd round as a given win and try and work out who we would prefer to play in the quarters and semis

Fairly sure this tournament will end for England on a debatable VAR decision and that the British press will absolutely kick the tits out of it for ages

I can’t be arsed trying to figure out what the fixture permutations are after the group stage so just play for a win and deal with whatever the draw brings.

June 26, 2018, 04:02:38 PM
Reply #2155

Ramjam

In their defence they're missing their best 2 defenders at the moment.
Fair comment
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 04:05:14 PM
Reply #2156

Bluedylan

I've got much more disdain for Martinez than Moyes these days. I would actually love it if he planned for 2nd, thinking he was being clever and then got knocked out by someone like Japan in the last 16.

He'd then get fired, and mumble something about 'not being given the chance to finish what he had started' before getting the Bayern Munich job, the bellend.

June 26, 2018, 04:07:36 PM
Reply #2157

Ramjam

I thing his next job would likely be Bolton not Bayern
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 04:10:05 PM
Reply #2158

Bluedylan

I thing his next job would likely be Bolton not Bayern

You would think. He's destined to never learn from his mistakes, while he keeps getting massively rewarded for abject failure.

June 26, 2018, 04:22:37 PM
Reply #2159

Gash

Global Moderator
You would think. He's destined to never learn from his mistakes, while he keeps getting massively rewarded for abject failure.

He's admitted in the past that no one will every convince him to change, which is fine if your philosophy works but when it's massively flawed like his is then sooner or later he needs to realise it's not everyone else that's wrong.