October 20, 2018, 04:34:24 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 69080 times)

June 14, 2018, 10:10:53 PM
Reply #15

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
I’m all set. Work has been relegated to the small screen.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 14, 2018, 10:14:25 PM
Reply #16

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
And Russia's on the board!

lol I've not heard American commentators for ages.
“The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” Barack Obama

June 14, 2018, 10:17:03 PM
Reply #17

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You're working on a whiplash video?

Actually I worked on that last month, but I'm using it as a template for a new video as I need the same settings.

June 14, 2018, 10:20:35 PM
Reply #18

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
He made a pretty decent save just then.

June 14, 2018, 10:28:46 PM
Reply #19

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Listening to the FOX stream...eeesh the US commentators are awful. Sounds like they're watching it from a monitor somewhere rather than being there too.
It's pretty bad isn't it?

June 14, 2018, 10:36:39 PM
Reply #20

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Awful. I could VPN into the ITV stream but the stream quality would be worse and I couldn't super easily have it on the TV. I'll probably have to do that for the England game at least, can't take this "gone past the end line" or whatever it was nonsense.

In fairness there have been some decent US commentators I've heard in the past who know what they're talking about but these two seem like they've been pulled from a baseball game or something.

Have been spoilt with NBC for premier league games, with English commentators so this is weird even for me. I'm just watching via my Comcast account on the Fox channel. Only have the volume on so I can hear the crowd get excited when something happens and I can look up.

June 14, 2018, 10:42:57 PM
Reply #21

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
You'd think they'd pick a better match to start a tournament with. Two of the worst teams in the competition isn't a great advert for the game.

Holders should always kick the tournament off.

June 14, 2018, 11:52:39 PM
Reply #22

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Lovely goal.

June 14, 2018, 11:53:17 PM
Reply #23

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Is this to go down as one of the most boring 4-0 games ever?

June 14, 2018, 11:55:52 PM
Reply #24

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
lol where was the keeper. He dived about a tournament too late.

June 15, 2018, 12:00:20 AM
Reply #25

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
One wouldn't think that a 5-0 game could be boring....

You wouldn't think. Although it got entertaining towards the end?

June 15, 2018, 05:46:49 PM
Reply #26

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Love an old-school wall chart, me!

In other news, in our head office, they are having a 'Biscuit World Cup'.

Yesterday, chocolate fingers beat rich tea 3-0 and are currently top of their group with only one game played.

Each country was allocated a biscuit, everyone gets one of each biscuit and everyone votes on which one they prefer. Yesterday, chocolate fingers got 3 more votes than rich tea.

Guys over there are living their best life!

Chocolate fingers was always going to win that. It was really a case of how much by.

I think they'll get to the final only to be beaten 2-1 by the fruit cake.

I got the Bourbon's in the sweep, so will probably only get as far as the quarter finals.

June 15, 2018, 10:04:20 PM
Reply #27

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Now this is a first. A female commentator. Who is also American. Sounds very weird.

June 16, 2018, 01:05:30 AM
Reply #28

blargins

NSNO Subscriber

Meant to post this half hour ago,

June 16, 2018, 01:16:42 AM
Reply #29

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
is the player we are linked with, william, number 14 for portugal ?

Yes