July 22, 2018, 06:10:26 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 52524 times)

July 11, 2018, 03:12:53 AM
Reply #15

Major Clanger

There’s a Greta amount of shadenfraude in seeing Martinez lose to a goal conceded from a corner.

Potentially a great manager, but until he becomes more pragmatic he’ll always fail

No Schadenfreude from me, I really wanted them to win this game., it's just that I've seen this play out so many times.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

July 11, 2018, 03:13:03 AM
Reply #16

Major Clanger

July 11, 2018, 10:25:56 PM
Reply #17

Major Clanger

Fucks sake.

They’ve wheeled uri gellar out on this morning.

I hope they pitted him against an octopus.

Who will win: the weird, spineless creature that plumbs depths unknown by man, or the octopus?

July 12, 2018, 04:40:27 AM
Reply #18

Major Clanger

I never mentioned in the stadium, I just meant people on here having a bit of a go.

I think it's unfair to blame people for what they say during or straight after a game that was lost like this.

When the dust settles, everybody will be proud of them, and so they should. This is a team with nowhere near the raw talent of the "Golden Generation", but far more determination and gut. And dare I say, likeability.

July 12, 2018, 04:47:29 AM
Reply #19

Major Clanger

It's completely fair to blame someone who's only ever attitude is misery.

Dunno, didn't read back to check what he was referring to :)

July 14, 2018, 12:08:18 AM
Reply #20

Major Clanger

No problems with anti IRA chants, but it sounds a little out of date, n'est pas?

Not if we have a hard Brexit.

July 17, 2018, 01:34:40 AM
Reply #21

Major Clanger

Called it.

Nah, there will be absolutely nothing of the sort. There will be complete peace, enforced with an iron fist.

Everything will be squeaky clean, civilised and friendly, just like the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.

By the way, it's worth reading the first few pages of this thread, some really funny shouts in there. (And some pretty spot on too, mostly by @Bluedylan and @TheRam, who weirdly represented the optimistic side of the forum. :))

July 17, 2018, 02:15:26 AM
Reply #22

Major Clanger

Gotta say i was totally wrong on this one, i was expecting a real mash up ....but fair play to the Rushkis they pulled off a cracking world cup one of the best to date...

And I'm a twat .

Nah, if it were up to the Russian ultras, it would've been exactly as you'd expected it to be. But it wasn't, Putin has considerable control over them.