November 15, 2018, 04:28:59 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 71033 times)

March 23, 2018, 09:20:17 PM
Reply #60

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Good luck to anyone going there without a Kevlar stabvest....truly hope I'm wrong but it's nailed on to be dangerous .imho....nothing to do with media or the recent Russia may or may not have poisoned people shite .

Good luck to anyone going on a night out in Liverpool without a stab vest.

March 23, 2018, 10:05:23 PM
Reply #61

gizzblue

Good luck to anyone going on a night out in Liverpool without a stab vest.
Hahaha it's a kiddies play area in comparison. ....we will revisit this disagreement after the tournament and see .
Born not made a blue .

March 29, 2018, 12:09:35 AM
Reply #62

Toffee1

Even if you miraculously only bought exactly enough packs to get enough stickers to complete the album you're still looking at over 106.  For something aimed primarily at kids thats a disgrace, and i'm having no part of it.

I'm going to put the money towards something sensible and worthwhile, like Infinity War Lego sets...

Some boffin has worked out the full cost of completing the album.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43566749

March 29, 2018, 12:24:18 AM
Reply #63

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Some boffin has worked out the full cost of completing the album.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43566749

I worked it out for the Brasil 2014 one, and the probability of filling it without swaps was ridiculous.  You effectively couldnt guarantee ever doing it.  Thats why it works for kids at school where everyone is doing it, but unless i'm massively out of touch on how much pocket money kids get then they simply won't be able to afford it.

Panini have blamed the increase on licensing costs from individual associations, which given i didnt think the last one had official branding and logos for all teams surprised me as to why they felt it neccesary to pay this time.

Just another example of football disappearing up its own arse.
My momma says I'm special.

March 29, 2018, 06:17:59 AM
Reply #64

bluestevie

I worked it out for the Brasil 2014 one, and the probability of filling it without swaps was ridiculous.  You effectively couldnt guarantee ever doing it.  Thats why it works for kids at school where everyone is doing it, but unless i'm massively out of touch on how much pocket money kids get then they simply won't be able to afford it.

Panini have blamed the increase on licensing costs from individual associations, which given i didnt think the last one had official branding and logos for all teams surprised me as to why they felt it neccesary to pay this time.

Just another example of football disappearing up its own arse.

The Brazil one did if I remember right, apart from England as another company were doing an England one, was only for the Euros in 2016 that Panini got an official license for the FA
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

March 29, 2018, 05:29:35 PM
Reply #65

Macca77

Most of the new World Cup kits are on IOffer now, just bought France home, Argentina and Belguim away for my youngest lad, all for 37

March 29, 2018, 06:39:09 PM
Reply #66

Bluenose 91

Most of the new World Cup kits are on IOffer now, just bought France home, Argentina and Belguim away for my youngest lad, all for 37

Blag or legit?

March 29, 2018, 06:58:03 PM
Reply #67

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

March 29, 2018, 07:16:02 PM
Reply #68

Macca77

Blag or legit?

Blag but quality, I've bought loads off there

March 29, 2018, 07:32:50 PM
Reply #69

Bluenose 91

Blag but quality, I've bought loads off there

Got a link?

Fancy getting a new WC top for playing footy in but I'm not forking out 50 odd nicker.

March 29, 2018, 07:37:57 PM
Reply #70

Macca77

Got a link?

Fancy getting a new WC top for playing footy in but I'm not forking out 50 odd nicker.

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/WORLD+CUP+KITS

March 29, 2018, 08:33:39 PM
Reply #71

KevtheRat

http://www.ioffer.com/search/items/WORLD+CUP+KITS

Whats the delivery time from that site mate? I have used another one called DH Gate before but it took about a month to arrive.

March 29, 2018, 08:59:58 PM
Reply #72

Macca77

Whats the delivery time from that site mate? I have used another one called DH Gate before but it took about a month to arrive.

I've used that site as well, it's pretty much the same, between 3 and 4 weeks, the seller normally gives you a tracking number once its been shipped.

Reckon I've bought at least a dozen kits and training trackies from there and I've never had any problems, they've all been spot on.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 09:01:21 PM by Macca77 »

March 30, 2018, 11:28:16 AM
Reply #73

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
No British referees picked for the world cup pretty much sums up the standard we're subjected too each week.
My momma says I'm special.

March 30, 2018, 05:09:18 PM
Reply #74

Bluedylan

There's a Russian guy in our hostel (formerly homeless), who was in the Soviet Army in Afghanistan and he's a serious fella, but he's endlessly fascinating. I'm constantly asking about his life and experiences.

His opinion is that the World Cup will be absolutely fine, as long as people going to Russia are respectful and clued up. His basic advice is, never, ever fuck with any police or 'officials', under any circumstances. And then in terms of the normal Russian populace, he stresses that people are very proud and very keen to entertain guests. So the hospitality will be excellent, but that visitors need to be respectful of their hosts. Anyone that comes into the country with the typical 'I'm gonna get fucked up and fuck shit up' attitude will be in for a rude awakening.

I'd fucking love to go to Russia personally, but won't be able to afford it this summer. Definitely on the to-do list eventually.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.