December 14, 2019, 09:24:34 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 108845 times)

June 04, 2018, 09:28:03 PM
Reply #195

Cereal Killer

no

lolol

Almost, after being busted and denying it all they've had to ship out two alternate mattresses

June 05, 2018, 12:38:29 AM
Reply #196

boothill

I see Martinez doesn't like selecting too many defenders

Final squad

Goalkeepers: Koen Casteels (Wolfsburg), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool).

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Vincent Kompnay (Manchester City), Thomas Meunier (Paris St-Germain), Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Mousa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur), Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Youri Tielemans (Monaco), Axel Witsel (Tianjin Quanjian).

Forwards: Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea), Nacer Chadli (West Brom), Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United).
Thats a hell of a squad that

June 05, 2018, 03:34:09 AM
Reply #197

stirlingblue

I see Martinez doesn't like selecting too many defenders

Final squad

Goalkeepers: Koen Casteels (Wolfsburg), Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea), Simon Mignolet (Liverpool).

Defenders: Toby Alderweireld (Tottenham Hotspur), Dedryck Boyata (Celtic), Vincent Kompnay (Manchester City), Thomas Meunier (Paris St-Germain), Thomas Vermaelen (Barcelona), Jan Vertonghen (Tottenham Hotspur).

Midfielders: Yannick Carrasco (Dalian Yifang), Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City), Mousa Dembele (Tottenham Hotspur), Leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht), Marouane Fellaini (Manchester United), Eden Hazard (Chelsea), Thorgan Hazard (Borussia Monchengladbach), Adnan Januzaj (Real Sociedad), Dries Mertens (Napoli), Youri Tielemans (Monaco), Axel Witsel (Tianjin Quanjian).

Forwards: Michy Batshuayi (Chelsea), Nacer Chadli (West Brom), Romelu Lukaku (Manchester United).

Im confused, who plays at left back for them?

Looking at that list the only option I can see is Vertonghen, surely they have a better option than an out of position CB?

June 05, 2018, 04:20:12 AM
Reply #198

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Im confused, who plays at left back for them?

Looking at that list the only option I can see is Vertonghen, surely they have a better option than an out of position CB?

Think they played 3 CBs with Carrasco at LWB in their last game.

June 05, 2018, 12:35:40 PM
Reply #199

stirlingblue

Think they played 3 CBs with Carrasco at LWB in their last game.

Classic Martinez, as good as their squad is, playing a winger at left back is going to leave them exposed at the top level.

June 05, 2018, 03:09:56 PM
Reply #200

Cereal Killer

Didn't realise Timmy made the cut, more ex-Everton than current Everton players at the World Cup then

June 05, 2018, 06:37:01 PM
Reply #201

Shogun

Administrator
Have we only got Gana, Pickford and Sigurdsson?

June 05, 2018, 06:56:09 PM
Reply #202

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/0/world-cup-2018-fixtures-full-schedule-dates-matches/

Just trying to plot what games I'm going to miss.

Loads of 3pm and 1pm games which is a shame, but a few half days for them.

Hey there mister can you tell me what happened to the seeds I've sown
Can you give me a reason sir as to why they've never grown

June 05, 2018, 06:58:42 PM
Reply #203

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Have we only got Gana, Pickford and Sigurdsson?

Yes

June 05, 2018, 06:59:09 PM
Reply #204

Ramjam

Were in luck here, most games on at 8pm and 10pm, we usually get the shitty end of the stick but not this time
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 05, 2018, 07:23:44 PM
Reply #205

Macca77

Portugal V Spain on the first Friday night, excellent

June 05, 2018, 07:24:40 PM
Reply #206

Gash

Global Moderator
When's Scotland's first ga........................... ...............oh.

June 05, 2018, 08:43:47 PM
Reply #207

Omar

When's Scotland's first ga........................... ...............oh.

I know how you feel, sucks for us in the states too. Can you imagine how they're feeling in Italy right now though?

That being said, GO England, Mexico, and Costa Rica!

In fact these are teams I'd like to see advance by group (not necessarily predictions though).

A Uruguay, Egypt
B NONE
C Peru, Denmark
D Iceland, Argentina
E Costa Rica, Brazil
F Mexico, Sweden
G England, Belgium
H Colombia, Senegal
You come at the king, you best not miss.

June 05, 2018, 10:11:56 PM
Reply #208

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Classic Martinez, as good as their squad is, playing a winger at left back is going to leave them exposed at the top level.

Just like England, Man Utd and Man City then.
The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Dont wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope. Barack Obama

June 06, 2018, 11:50:13 AM
Reply #209

AllyBlue14

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/0/world-cup-2018-fixtures-full-schedule-dates-matches/

Just trying to plot what games I'm going to miss.

Loads of 3pm and 1pm games which is a shame, but a few half days for them.

I'm doing some translation work for the World Cup (it's what I've always wanted to do, so buzzing to be involved) - but it means I have to watch as many matches as possible! 😃