August 15, 2018, 06:31:19 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 55923 times)

June 19, 2018, 05:07:09 AM
Reply #1170

Ross

Dya reckon?
I don't think there's a lot between them tbh

Think their goal records in this league say differently most importantly. But so does Kane’s willingness to work hard without the ball (which Mourinho lives), and the simple fact he’s England’s number 9 and starman (which Utd as a brand would love).

Like I say if there’s a straight up choice between the two Utd I reckon Utd would go for Kane every time.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

June 19, 2018, 05:10:18 AM
Reply #1171

Shogun

Administrator
Portugal are my pick for the tournament.

Only problem is the defence but they’ve got plenty of very good players elsewhere surrounded by the ultimate winner.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 19, 2018, 05:11:35 AM
Reply #1172

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Portugal are my pick for the tournament.

Only problem is the defence but they’ve got plenty of very good players elsewhere surrounded by the ultimate winner.

Agree.
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 19, 2018, 05:12:16 AM
Reply #1173

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Nah, too reliant on one guy is never a good thing.

Think England more reliant on Kane...Portugal very good team
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

June 19, 2018, 05:20:11 AM
Reply #1174

Ell Capitan

NSNO Subscriber
Let's say we beat Panama. Will we go full strength against Belgium or play a second string to keep key players fresh for the knockout?

For me we should go more of less full strength to try keep the momentum going and try get the confidence boost a result against Belgium would provide.

England managers of old though would rest players a number of players I reckon. Southgate I'm not sure what he'll do.

June 19, 2018, 05:21:31 AM
Reply #1175

blue slug

I can’t believe England actually had a go and created chances, we were actually good tonight

June 19, 2018, 05:27:50 AM
Reply #1176

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
We’ll beat Portugal. Our front four would kill their defence.

It’s a tournament too far for Germany could see them going out in the group stage.

France are a team of individuals.

At the moment it’s Spain or Brazil for me. As poor as Brazil were i get the feeling they’re just growing into the tournament and will turn in on in the group stages.

As for England, I think we look the most coherent team so far and there’s a real movement about them at the moment. I can see us getting to the semis with the way it’s mapped out for us.

June 19, 2018, 05:38:08 AM
Reply #1177

Shogun

Administrator
Let's say we beat Panama. Will we go full strength against Belgium or play a second string to keep key players fresh for the knockout?

For me we should go more of less full strength to try keep the momentum going and try get the confidence boost a result against Belgium would provide.

England managers of old though would rest players a number of players I reckon. Southgate I'm not sure what he'll do.

Could be a big reward for finishing top of this group now.

If you assume Germany finish as group runners up after their defeat to Mexico and Brazil still win their group then one of those will be QF opponents for our group's runner up.

Whilst the winner of our group would face the likes of Mexico, Sweden, Serbia or Switzerland in the QF.

Don't think it really matters immediately for the last 16 because any of Colombia, Senegal, Japan and Poland in the other group could finish in any order for me.

June 19, 2018, 06:07:09 AM
Reply #1178

Omar

really? Recon Portugal may go all the way

They did win Euros with CR7 out for the final, not a bad bet that.

June 19, 2018, 06:53:21 AM
Reply #1179

Bluedylan

I think we'll go out in the quarters, when we meet a strong side. We're decent but there's a few glaring weaknesses to exploit. The defence being the primary one. Tunisia barely tested it, and every time they did, they got some joy. McGuire-Stones-Walker will get rinsed by quality teams.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 19, 2018, 07:08:19 AM
Reply #1180

Shogun

Administrator
I think we'll go out in the quarters, when we meet a strong side. We're decent but there's a few glaring weaknesses to exploit. The defence being the primary one. Tunisia barely tested it, and every time they did, they got some joy. McGuire-Stones-Walker will get rinsed by quality teams.

Are you purposely spelling his name wrong because you want Maguire to be Scottish?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose in the last 16 to Poland/Colombia if it panned out like that.

Which would be fine because the England setup needed to change and the atmosphere around the team did too. Southgate has gone a long way in doing that but there hasn't been enough time to change everything. 2020 and 2022 and more will be expected.

You never know in tournaments like this though. Most winners get a huge slice of luck at some stage and we might get some at just the right time.

June 19, 2018, 07:17:11 AM
Reply #1181

Bluedylan

Are you purposely spelling his name wrong because you want Maguire to be Scottish?

I wouldn't be surprised to see us lose in the last 16 to Poland/Colombia if it panned out like that.

Which would be fine because the England setup needed to change and the atmosphere around the team did too. Southgate has gone a long way in doing that but there hasn't been enough time to change everything. 2020 and 2022 and more will be expected.

You never know in tournaments like this though. Most winners get a huge slice of luck at some stage and we might get some at just the right time.

I actually like him, but thought he was shite tonight for most of the game.

June 19, 2018, 11:40:20 AM
Reply #1182

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Think a Senegal could cause some upsets. Some very good players and Mane can beat anyone on his day.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

June 19, 2018, 01:21:05 PM
Reply #1183

Bluedylan

June 19, 2018, 02:18:44 PM
Reply #1184

Toddacelli

https://www.theguardian.com/football/shortcuts/2018/jun/18/eni-aluko-alex-scott-stars-world-cup-commentary

Great finish to the article - "The onus is now on broadcasters to look beyond the name and start expecting more from their stars. This is the biggest show on earth and being an ex-professional footballer does not automatically mean you are qualified or mean fans want to listen to you."

But I wonder what we would lose if we stop having ridiculous ex-footballers to laugh/shout at during these things. I love a bit of Kammy! Plus, call me sexist, but I wouldn't feel as comfortable hurling the same abuse I do at the likes of Dixon and Merson at a woman.   :)

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates