October 22, 2018, 09:32:18 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 69261 times)

June 25, 2018, 12:55:12 AM
Reply #1965

blue slug

Who does Senegal's CB who wasn't Koulibaly play for?  He looked decent today.

Sorry pal Iím a bit tipsy I didnít see the who isnít koulibaly

June 25, 2018, 01:09:56 AM
Reply #1966

sam of the south

Thank god that accidental Lewandowski stamp didnít happen against the RS, Derek Acorah would be challenging him to a spirit world straightener right now
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 25, 2018, 01:15:20 AM
Reply #1967

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
86, 90 and 98, been shite since then

98 I missed most of as I was working and the club didn't have a TV in the bar at the time. I did watch the Brazil v Scotland match straight after my English Lit A-Level paper
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

June 25, 2018, 01:17:03 AM
Reply #1968

Toffee1

This World Cup has been great so far, loads of goals, the big boys have not been all conquering and I love the fact that both the Senegalese and Japanese fans cleaned up the stadium after their games.

June 25, 2018, 01:20:32 AM
Reply #1969

Toffee1

98 I missed most of as I was working and the club didn't have a TV in the bar at the time. I did watch the Brazil v Scotland match straight after my English Lit A-Level paper

Was off work for the first two weeks of that one with Chickenpox, so got to see a lot of the group games.

June 25, 2018, 01:44:38 AM
Reply #1970

Gash

Global Moderator

I remember us all finishing work early and getting blootered watching it, gave them a good game as well. Ah Scotland, masters of the brave defeat. :)

June 25, 2018, 01:46:23 AM
Reply #1971

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
I remember us all finishing work early and getting blootered watching it, gave them a good game as well. Ah Scotland, masters of the brave defeat. :)

The Claude pub, surrounded by student fanny in glorious sunshine.

June 25, 2018, 01:53:51 AM
Reply #1972

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 25, 2018, 01:55:57 AM
Reply #1973

Shogun

Administrator
Wasnít 1990 actually a very dull tournament and the only reason itís remembered fondly is because England did well?
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

June 25, 2018, 01:58:29 AM
Reply #1974

Brownie

NSNO Subscriber
Wasnít 1990 actually a very dull tournament and the only reason itís remembered fondly is because England did well?

Possibly for English people but for me it was the Cameroon team upsetting the odds, the Caniggia goal to beat Brazil, England doing well and the absolute drama of that penalty shoot out

June 25, 2018, 02:03:20 AM
Reply #1975

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Don't forget Pavarotti.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 25, 2018, 02:05:51 AM
Reply #1976

Bluedylan

I think objectively it probably wasn't the best football, but it was an incredibly evocative, exotic, event-filled tournament. Everyone had long hair and looked like Central American gun runners.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 02:08:17 AM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 25, 2018, 02:05:57 AM
Reply #1977

velimski

Apparently it had the fewest overall amount of goals in any world cup, but it had all sorts of other crazy shit going on with teams like Cameroon, Colombia and Argentina.

It also had a lot of genuinely world class players playing for Germany, Yugoslavia and Holland and Italy.

Obviously England getting to the semi's helped. Easily my favourite world cup ever.

June 25, 2018, 02:06:15 AM
Reply #1978

Gash

Global Moderator
https://the18.com/soccer-entertainment/panama-vs-england-cheating-attempt-2018-world-cup?utm_campaign=entertainment&utm_medium=organic-social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=article

haha you gotta give it to them.

Isn't this due to some interpretation of the kick off rules that the game can't start until all players are out of the opposition half, the cloudy part being that if they're all off the pitch then in theory they're out of the half so the game can restart? No one's confirmed it yet but it was thought that's why Trippier didn't celebrate one of Kane's goals and also Portugal got a player to stay on the pitch when Ronaldo scored.

June 25, 2018, 02:08:53 AM
Reply #1979

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Isn't this due to some interpretation of the kick off rules that the game can't start until all players are out of the opposition half, the cloudy part being that if they're all off the pitch then in theory they're out of the half so the game can restart? No one's confirmed it yet but it was thought that's why Trippier didn't celebrate one of Kane's goals and also Portugal got a player to stay on the pitch when Ronaldo scored.

I have no idea. But it was a pathetic attempt. Pickford must have been like wtf?