September 23, 2018, 09:17:43 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 63273 times)

July 15, 2018, 02:28:09 AM
Reply #75

gizzblue

Lukaku should of had at least one today. Control has been terrible.

Think your being unfair ....Lukaku has the first touch of a fat fingered midwife .

If Kane wins the golden boot for scoring against the worst teams in the tournament and a few pens ....it would be a travesty ...because against anyone decent he's been largely invisible .
Although shittest player deffo goes to Ally ( couldn't run for a bus in an England shirt)despite Danny Rose being Danny Rose esq too .
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:33:26 AM by gizzblue »

July 15, 2018, 04:27:57 PM
Reply #76

gizzblue

I had zero hope for this tournament. ..then England beat a few shit teams got my hopes up  (cos I'm a footy fan) but then go out the competition on a whimper ,we're we seemed to just be any England team of the last twenty years and just as shite.

Tripier, lingard and of course Pickford all played a blinder. ...the rest were meh to shite .

July 15, 2018, 04:56:43 PM
Reply #77

gizzblue

Stones
Maguire
Kane
Henderson
Walker

Meh to shite? Maguire and Stones were possibly the best centre halves in the tournament.

Only players in that team who did underwhelm were Alli and sterling.

Your opinion my opinion ...

But I was talking about the whole tournament  the three aforementioned left it all out there....Stones and Maguire were awful against Croatia ,Kane didn't really get going after the group(scored loads against shite and a couple of pens) ..Henderson had one stand out game ,Walker wasn't bad but got toasted for a couple of the goals after the group .

July 15, 2018, 10:08:05 PM
Reply #78

gizzblue

Come on Croatia ...been a team from game one .

July 16, 2018, 06:50:29 PM
Reply #79

gizzblue

Loved the 90 world cup ...but my favorite has to be the Romario Bebbeto show in 94 ....oh and that Baggio penalty miss ....rekon his rat tail hairdo had him off balance  lolol.

July 17, 2018, 01:45:39 AM
Reply #80

gizzblue

Called it.

By the way, it's worth reading the first few pages of this thread, some really funny shouts in there. (And some pretty spot on too, mostly by @Bluedylan and @TheRam, who weirdly represented the optimistic side of the forum. :))

Gotta say i was totally wrong on this one, i was expecting a real mash up ....but fair play to the Rushkis they pulled off a cracking world cup one of the best to date...

And I'm a twat .