November 18, 2018, 01:39:35 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 71605 times)

June 26, 2018, 10:12:56 PM
Reply #2235

Macca77

Denmark V France is absolute horseshit so far

June 26, 2018, 10:13:17 PM
Reply #2236

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
My Dad would 100% have Cahill, Defoe and Crouch as a 3 up front for Everton next season. He's been fuming all tournament at the lack of Cahill action!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 26, 2018, 10:14:15 PM
Reply #2237

Glory

That's why it takes into account most searched, most attended and most participants. It just seems to paint a different picture than what you're saying. If the facts say otherwise, and say football is one of the most popular, then I'll change my opinion in line with the evidence.
https://www.ausport.gov.au/news/asc_news/story_653917_ausplay_shows_the_sporting_behaviours_of_a_nation
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:16:34 PM by Glory »

June 26, 2018, 10:14:21 PM
Reply #2238

Bluedylan

Denmark V France is absolute horseshit so far

Agreed. End of the group, both going through affair.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 26, 2018, 10:15:42 PM
Reply #2239

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gonna be gutted if I miss a Tim Cahill goal here.

June 26, 2018, 10:16:56 PM
Reply #2240

Cods

Still though, if you polled Australians as to their favourite/most important sport, would football come in the top 2?
Which dilutes those that are absolutely fanatic about it, how?  Come on BD. Thatís a bit simplistic.  How many midnight, 2am games do you watch per season?
Western, first world country, comparatively new to, and not that good at the game yet, doesnít = lack of passion. 
Our lackadasical exterior may just be a stereotype.

June 26, 2018, 10:17:16 PM
Reply #2241

Ramjam

Iíd love to see Timmy score at his 4th conservative WC, what an ambassador he has been for Australian football, not to mention the elite few who has done it
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 10:18:14 PM
Reply #2242

Bluedylan

story_653917_ausplay_shows_the_sporting_behaviours_of_a_nation

Ok that's relevant and interesting. Bit specific in that it's only organised club sport, but fair enough that suggests it's big enough, in 4.5%. I'll change my opinion. Cheers.

June 26, 2018, 10:22:49 PM
Reply #2243

Bluedylan

Which dilutes those that are absolutely fanatic about it, how?  Come on BD. Thatís a bit simplistic.  How many midnight, 2am games do you watch per season?
Western, first world country, comparatively new to, and not that good at the game yet, doesnít = lack of passion. 
Our lackadasical exterior may just be a stereotype.

It's not meant to be an attack on you, or any other football mad person in the world who's willing to devote themselves. I know it's difficult, but step back and don't take it personally. It's more of a comment on national and social preferences. I'm not even saying football is better or that anyone should/shouldn't be more into it. You're into what you're into. I'm just saying as a neutral, I tend to care more about a nation I have no attachment to who really care about that particular sport, because it will mean a lot to those people (of whatever country). For some smaller nations games in the WC, there are reports that the whole nation is at a standstill while the game is on. That's more what I'm referring to.

Anyway, your mate's provided some solid info that I'm wrong, which is fair enough.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 10:25:57 PM by Bluedylan »

June 26, 2018, 10:25:36 PM
Reply #2244

Ramjam

So would you rather see Germany doing better than Aus because their footballing heritage is superior to Australiaís?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 10:26:21 PM
Reply #2245

sam of the south

My Dad would 100% have Cahill, Defoe and Crouch as a 3 up front for Everton next season. He's been fuming all tournament at the lack of Cahill action!

Please say your dad isnít Marco Silva
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

June 26, 2018, 10:26:34 PM
Reply #2246

Bluedylan

So would you rather see Germany doing better than Aus because their footballing heritage is superior to Australiaís?

Yes.

June 26, 2018, 10:26:50 PM
Reply #2247

Cods

It's not meant to be an attack on you, or any other football mad person in the world who's willing to devote themselves. I know it's difficult, but step back and don't take it personally. It's more of a comment on national and social preferences. I'm not even saying football is better or that anyone should/shouldn't be more into it. You're into what you're into. I'm just saying as a neutral, I tend to care more about a nation I have no attachment to who really care about that particular sport, because it will mean a lot to those people (of whatever country). For some smaller nations games in the WC, there are reports that the whole nation is at a standstill while the game is on. That's more what I'm referring to.

Anyway, you're mate's provided some solid info that I'm wrong, which is fair enough.

Fair enough.

But I can tell you this country is at this moment at a standstill,...

Itís 1:30am

June 26, 2018, 10:30:03 PM
Reply #2248

Ramjam

Yes.
So is it fair to say that youíd rather see Germany doing better than England as their football heritage is better than Englandís?
WE ARE THE PEOPLE

June 26, 2018, 10:31:41 PM
Reply #2249

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Criminal how boring France are with the players they have.