December 19, 2018, 11:54:29 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 74546 times)

June 27, 2018, 05:10:54 PM
Reply #2415

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
Hereís my strategy, they are playing a weakened team, let Harry Kane bag a couple of goals for his tally then sub him, bring on a couple of lads who havenít played, hold the lead for a while then slack off and let them draw level, them with 5 mins to go we draw a couple yellow cards, job done, we didnít get beat and we finish secon.

June 27, 2018, 05:16:48 PM
Reply #2416

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Its the logistics of it, as you'd not be able to do the draw for the next round until the last round has been complete, and potentially giving some teams 2 days off if they finish group stages late but are drawn in one of the earliest next round matches, where as if you finish early[Ooo errr] and get drawn in one of the later matches you get a longer break.  It also makes the travel for those earliest knockout games a lot more problematic for the teams involved as you'd need to set off right after the draw to be there ready to have a days training the day before.

And if you delay the next round by a couple of days to allow for the sorting, then you've got fans milling around waiting 'taking in the local culture', as well as momentum being lost for TV viewers with a longer break.  I know I'm already suffering having to wait 2 hours between games this week compared to the 1 hour we've been getting.  God knows what I'm going to do on Friday?!

Ah so that's why I didn't get the job at FIFA!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 27, 2018, 05:20:45 PM
Reply #2417

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Also would be much better for my work patterns if the kick offs were 9pm 11pm and 1am

And the final by the way kicks off at 4pm

Which is totally fucking insane!I'm working til 5. So the world cup final is being watched by me on the fucking bus!and even then it's only the second half

Really should be an 8pm kick off

Surely the entire universe agrees with me on the final kick off time!who wants the final to be in the daytime!
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

June 27, 2018, 05:43:22 PM
Reply #2418

velimski

Did someone say there's no football on Friday?

June 27, 2018, 05:47:30 PM
Reply #2419

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Also would be much better for my work patterns if the kick offs were 9pm 11pm and 1am

And the final by the way kicks off at 4pm

Which is totally fucking insane!I'm working til 5. So the world cup final is being watched by me on the fucking bus!and even then it's only the second half

Really should be an 8pm kick off

Surely the entire universe agrees with me on the final kick off time!who wants the final to be in the daytime!

Will likely be the same times in Qatar too, except it'll be winter.  Who wants to watch the WC in winter?
My momma says I'm special.

June 27, 2018, 05:48:45 PM
Reply #2420

Bluedylan

Get out.

Go on. Go.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 27, 2018, 05:50:26 PM
Reply #2421

Macca77

June 27, 2018, 05:53:51 PM
Reply #2422

Macca77

Will likely be the same times in Qatar too, except it'll be winter.  Who wants to watch the WC in winter?

Be freezing in the beer garden

June 27, 2018, 06:07:12 PM
Reply #2423

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Fuck that, I hate the god damn cheating french. Fuck them!

The Hand of Frog!

Because the lily white, whiter than god Argies would never ever dream of cheating, would they?

ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

June 27, 2018, 07:06:41 PM
Reply #2424

TheTone

Fuck that, I hate the god damn cheating french. Fuck them!

The Hand of Frog!

not as if Robbie Keane wouldn't have done the same

having shit players like McShane in the side was more of a problem back then

June 27, 2018, 08:55:15 PM
Reply #2425

blue slug

cant believe no footy on Friday wtf

June 27, 2018, 08:59:07 PM
Reply #2426

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Ah shit, its Jonathan Pearce.
My momma says I'm special.

June 27, 2018, 08:59:59 PM
Reply #2427

Cereal Killer

No football on Friday is balanced by some tasty games on Saturday....

June 27, 2018, 09:25:31 PM
Reply #2428

Bluedylan

South Koreans doing fairly well, and Germany don't look too special for the third game in a row.

Love a bit of Kilbane on commentary.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

June 27, 2018, 09:37:01 PM
Reply #2429

Omar

South Koreans doing fairly well, and Germany don't look too special for the third game in a row.

Love a bit of Kilbane on commentary.

Have Mexico on the TV and Germany on the computer. It looks like I'm watching Tennis here.
You come at the king, you best not miss.