August 19, 2019, 01:10:20 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 94782 times)

July 02, 2018, 06:04:42 AM
Reply #15

bluestevie

They were robbed because they had a 100% chance of scoring taken away by a foul, not because they had to face eleven men for the last couple of minutes

Then why didn't he stroke it in after rounding the keeper instead of trying to walk it in and drawing the foul?
'Diamonds are forever and so are the Horseman' - Arn Anderson

July 03, 2018, 02:56:21 AM
Reply #16

bluestevie

With any luck Brazil will finish them off on Friday, they've got out of jail massively tonight

July 03, 2018, 08:50:01 PM
Reply #17

bluestevie

Who knows, itís been a mad World Cup.

Part of the problem of England do win tonight is the media will have us already in the final.

And they're the reason why the ABE brigade want us to lose tonight. Really wish the media, and the bookie accounts on social media,  would shut up and take things a game at a time

July 04, 2018, 02:43:25 AM
Reply #18

bluestevie

Walker got very lucky there

July 04, 2018, 03:03:23 AM
Reply #19

bluestevie

Get Rashford on and go for it

July 04, 2018, 03:36:39 AM
Reply #20

bluestevie

How are we lining up here?

Dier gone to RCB, Kane in with Henderson, Vardy and Rashford up top

July 04, 2018, 06:31:01 AM
Reply #21

bluestevie

Heís fucking brilliant.

Balls of steel that lad. Weíre winning something with him leading the team.

Haven't been as confident of an England pen taker since Shearer, both kicks tonight and the Panama ones were eerily similar to how he took them

July 07, 2018, 03:08:06 AM
Reply #22

bluestevie

So with that result there will be a fourth consecutive European winner of the World Cup, come the next on in Qatar it'll have been 20 years since Brazil became the last non Euro winner

July 07, 2018, 03:09:40 AM
Reply #23

bluestevie

Projecting ahead massively and hopefully, but I couldnít see Stones, Maguire, Walker, and Henderson holding off Lukaku, Fellaini, De Bruyne, and Hazard for long 😳

Or worse Griezmann, Mbappe, et al

July 07, 2018, 03:13:43 AM
Reply #24

bluestevie

Have a real genuine dislike for Martinez. Heís completely delusional and a serious danger to the next club side he manages. Heís better off out the way in international football. Desperately wanted them to lose. Want to see him ďexposedĒ

Hopefully France will be the team to do it, I don't see them blowing a lead as easily as Japan or being as open on the break as Brazil

July 08, 2018, 06:11:03 AM
Reply #25

bluestevie

Yeah so Croatia look average, their defence is poor, they've got fuck all up top, will be won in midfield, Modric and Rakitic are class but can be bullied, I can't see us losing

Best way we are going to win is off Young and Trippier set plays, every team we've played at full strength has struggled to deal with it

July 11, 2018, 07:28:42 PM
Reply #26

bluestevie

My mate and then work colleague rang me straight after the final whistle from the pub he was in and sang Swing Lo, down the phone to me. It was about 10 or 11 in the morning and he was wasted but what a day that was.

If I remember right we beat Wolves later that day at Goodison, Radzinski and Gravesen scoring

July 12, 2018, 05:58:20 AM
Reply #27

bluestevie

Donít know about anyone else, but that hurt a lot more than any Everton defeat Iíve felt for a good while.

I was fully invested in this bunch of lads, whereas Iím usually done with the blues halfway through the season.

Properley gutted here, thatís the best chance we will ever have of making the World Cup final.

Heartbreaking, just wasn't to be after such a great start. Not having this talk of beating no one of note to get here, Colombia are no mugs and Sweden are one of our bogey teams (as are Croatia come to think of it). The first test of how we come back from this is when we play Spain at Wembley to kick off our Nation's League campaign in September