September 19, 2018, 02:14:49 AM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 62443 times)

July 02, 2018, 06:17:37 PM
Reply #3255

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Same.

There anywhere in the airport it might be on?

Has the airport got Wi-Fi?  Will be on BBC/ITV Player whichever channel the game is on.
Cordiali saluti, motherfuckers.

July 02, 2018, 06:20:08 PM
Reply #3256

Shogun

Administrator
I like to think @TheRam just spends his Mondays visiting airports and then goes home
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 02, 2018, 06:20:27 PM
Reply #3257

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I remember an argument with MGP over the euro 2012 final where Spain beat Italy 4-0 and he scoffed at me saying the side were dull to watch

As a spectacle I thought that final was terrible, as was the 2010 World cup victory, actually also euro 2008 was when I think about it

The style was clearly effective in its heyday and no one could get near them but genuinely I found them dull to watch

It was a bit of a vicious circle though in that teams knew that if they were open against them they’d get hammered.

Therefore everyone got behind the ball and therefore there wasn’t/ isn’t much space to go forward.

They could have done this year with someone like Lampard who would have about 15 long range shots a game.

It’s difficult as a player though if you get hammered for needlessly losing possession.

But along with Germany who stupidly made themselves more like Spain over the past 4 years, rather than the team that was best placed to beat a 100% possession team, it shows that tactically people know how to beat this approach.

These teams have very good players but they need a really top level magician if they opposition doesn’t play into their hands.

July 02, 2018, 06:32:22 PM
Reply #3258

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Also the psychological difference between a counter attacking approach and possession approach is quite stark.

If you counter attack it’s at speed and into wide spaces.

The “opportunity” is clear and you can track it from one end of the pitch to the other.

A shot at the end of 30 passes usually comes from when there’s not a lot of obvious space, the probability appears low and you’re dulled to the likelihood of a chance arising.

Unless a team is useless you’re only going to have a handful of genuinely good chances in a game.

Therefore if you counter attack it looks like you’re creating a chance every time you go forward.

Whereas if you have lots of possession it feels like you’ve had 3/4 of the game but only the same shots as the opponent. It looks much less effective.

And with a counter attack you’re suddenly on the offensive when it looked like you might have been in danger of conceding, changing your hope levels immediately. It’s almost the opposite with possession in that you not doing much offensively when you could be as you have all that “control” of the ball.

July 02, 2018, 06:40:04 PM
Reply #3259

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Cant wait for these next two games, hoping for Mexico and Japan to go through..!!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

July 02, 2018, 06:41:36 PM
Reply #3260

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
From a tournament point of view I’d like to see some top performances now though.

In danger of being exciting because the “better” teams have been poor and VAR.

More of the Saturday game please.

July 02, 2018, 06:43:22 PM
Reply #3261

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah I’m wanting the big boys going far now.

Seeing France motion through the gears and mbappe announce himself on the international stage was great.

As boss as it is seeing teams like Russia going far, you want the quality to shine now.

Be arsed with Japan.

July 02, 2018, 07:24:05 PM
Reply #3262

Macca77

Brazil V Belgium would be a very tasty quarter final, this is what I want.

July 02, 2018, 09:02:34 PM
Reply #3263

boothill

vamos mexico

July 02, 2018, 09:05:38 PM
Reply #3264

Shogun

Administrator
Would quite happily see us win the World Cup with wins over Tunisia, Panama, Colombia, Sweden, Russia and Japan.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

July 02, 2018, 09:10:00 PM
Reply #3265

stirlingblue

Hernandez was onside there and the keeper took him out, that should have been a penalty.

Willian was playing him onside stood by the corner flag

July 02, 2018, 09:11:16 PM
Reply #3266

blue slug

noticed that myself stirlingblue, swear the officials are biased towards brazil

July 02, 2018, 09:12:43 PM
Reply #3267

stirlingblue

noticed that myself stirlingblue, swear the officials are biased towards brazil

Strange that VAR didn’t pick it up

July 02, 2018, 09:15:54 PM
Reply #3268

blue slug

great control from Lozano there

July 02, 2018, 09:23:28 PM
Reply #3269

sam of the south

There really isn’t much to catch the eye in this Brazilian side apart from Willian’s energy, and Neymar playing the role of a player who was once fantastic and unselfish, but who has now seemingly forgotten how to pass the football.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them