September 21, 2018, 01:03:28 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 62922 times)

July 12, 2018, 07:56:34 AM
Reply #4995

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted but what a night!!
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 12, 2018, 08:42:33 AM
Reply #4996

Cods

Great effort from the lads. Should've killed it first half, but fair play Croatia grew into it after that. No shame in losing. Just not enough quality in the end.
Bad luck England, and Pickford in particular who did well. But I'd sooner football-mad nations do better, in whichever part of the world that happens to be.  Either in their newly established country, or their expat enclaves and cultural communities around the world, they are mad for it.

:Horse: :evil: :thumbsup:

July 12, 2018, 11:51:45 AM
Reply #4997

Bluedylan

Bad luck England, and Pickford in particular who did well. But I'd sooner football-mad nations do better, in whichever part of the world that happens to be.  Either in their newly established country, or their expat enclaves and cultural communities around the world, they are mad for it.

:Horse: :evil: :thumbsup:

I mean, it's a nice attempt but it doesn't really work, for obvious reasons. Not sure you've understood the point. But if it makes you feel good and gets something off your chest, good for you.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 12:33:56 PM by Bluedylan »
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 12, 2018, 01:07:13 PM
Reply #4998

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Croatia were there for the taking. We played a great first half, and totally shit bricks in the second.  Lads did great getting to the Semi but we blew up. We let them back in the game, let them grow, and in the end looked deserved losers.

Despite all the hate hes been getting, taking Sterling off ruined us as a real mobile threat going forward.

Still, better than most competitions England are part of.

Donít think it was a mental thing.

Controlled possession when the momentum isnít with the team has been missing for a long time.

Even saw it in the Nigeria friendly. Looked good first half, as soon as Nigeria changed shape at half time all control had gone.

Itís difficult to find that type of midfielder though (and I think is one of the limiting factors of how we play here) - Lípool arenít good at it either.

July 12, 2018, 01:47:59 PM
Reply #4999

Macca77

And ? you planning on dying anytime soon after that ?

The reaper will come for me on the 17/3/2023

July 12, 2018, 02:11:33 PM
Reply #5000

Macca77

https://twitter.com/IainR0bertson/status/1017143415207800833

We get knocked out of the world cup and the sun fucks off, concidense, I think not
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 02:43:43 PM by Macca77 »

July 12, 2018, 02:44:53 PM
Reply #5001

Redartin

No matter how bad you feel this morning there is always someone out there feeling worse. Spare a thought for the knob with a tattoo saying, "England, World Cup winners 2018".

I feel sorry for the England and Belgium players, who now know they are out of the tournamen, probably just want to go home, but have to hang around in Russia for a few more days to take part in a Micky Mouse game that means fuck all. People will struggle to remember who comes second, never mind third or fourth. It is an occasion when all the squad players, who may not have played yet, can get a run out. But we already had a England v Belgium 2nd string game at the end of the group stages. Seems pointless.

Been a great competition, can't remember a tournament where so many big names tumbled so soon. (Even the likes of Italy not qualifying). A lot of big guns have to re group and make amends for the Euros never mind the next World Cup. Hope Croatia win it now, would be good to see a different name on the trophy.

July 12, 2018, 02:59:35 PM
Reply #5002

Bluedylan

Not feeling too bad at all, the morning after. Thought we over-achieved (for once) with a good, but not great, group of players. And I do think there's plenty of scope for improvement. Could've killed the game first half, but once we didn't, the better, more seasoned team won. Well played Croatia.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 12, 2018, 03:20:38 PM
Reply #5003

Macca77

I was over it pretty quickly, my youngest lad wasnt though, more gutted that the world cup is nearly over to be honest

July 12, 2018, 03:49:15 PM
Reply #5004

Tinga

Yeah I'm over it and it's more about who Everton are signing now, not going to watch the third place play-off nonsense.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 06:53:13 PM by Tinga »

July 12, 2018, 03:52:42 PM
Reply #5005

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
No matter how bad you feel this morning there is always someone out there feeling worse. Spare a thought for the knob with a tattoo saying, "England, World Cup winners 2018".

I feel sorry for the England and Belgium players, who now know they are out of the tournamen, probably just want to go home, but have to hang around in Russia for a few more days to take part in a Micky Mouse game that means fuck all. People will struggle to remember who comes second, never mind third or fourth. It is an occasion when all the squad players, who may not have played yet, can get a run out. But we already had a England v Belgium 2nd string game at the end of the group stages. Seems pointless.

Been a great competition, can't remember a tournament where so many big names tumbled so soon. (Even the likes of Italy not qualifying). A lot of big guns have to re group and make amends for the Euros never mind the next World Cup. Hope Croatia win it now, would be good to see a different name on the trophy.

Think any player who hasnít had at least half an hour on the pitch should get a game so that they can at least say they played in a World Cup semi final, would like to see Butland and Pope get half each, by all accounts they have been very supportive of Pickford despite the media initially crying out for Butland to be no.1, who cares what the result is or is there a bronze medal or something ?

July 12, 2018, 04:01:48 PM
Reply #5006

TheTone

sounds like the type of game where Lukaku will bang in a brace

July 12, 2018, 04:04:30 PM
Reply #5007

TheTone

Yeah I'm over it and it's more about who Everton are singing now, not going to watch the third place play-off nonsense.

think the Premier League is cancelled now that football isn't in fact coming home after all

July 12, 2018, 04:09:14 PM
Reply #5008

Escla

NSNO Subscriber
sounds like the type of game where Lukaku will bang in a brace

Needs two to get the Golden boot unless Kane scores, Griezman needs a hat trick.

July 12, 2018, 04:12:34 PM
Reply #5009

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Hard to criticise Southgate but he seemed very reluctant to change things when they werenít going well.