October 18, 2019, 08:41:24 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 102850 times)

June 22, 2018, 02:38:48 AM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Argentina struggled like fuck to qualify, just edged out Peru, I don't know why people are so surprised about them being wank
Simply simply lovely

June 25, 2018, 10:51:18 PM
Reply #31

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Gutted that I'm in the minority of people who doesn't think Jimmy Bullard is some sort of comedy genius. Such an attention seeking prick

Samedov and those free kicks - horrendous!

3rd time of asking if anything he should have under hit it just to make sure it didn't go flying out of play again
Am with you mate, he's a bad bellend
Simply simply lovely

June 27, 2018, 04:28:41 PM
Reply #32

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Harry Kane's a brilliant player, but I feel like he should put aside his desire to be top scorer, for the good of the team. Every chance he can still be the top scorer, if he misses this one game. Let the likes of Vardy and Rashford have a game, because it's better for the team in the long run to involve everyone. I don't blame Southgate for playing him, because it's a difficult position to be in as manager. You want to keep your best player happy, and if he's insisting that he really wants to play, it's not easy to leave him out and potentially cause a little issue.

It should come from Kane, to see the bigger picture and not be quite so single-minded.
It's all about momentum for me, if Southgate thinks he can keep that going and makes changes and it works then sound, the risk is he rests a few, they get beat and take a step backwards going into the knockout stages. It's a great thing to have and not an easy thing to get
Simply simply lovely

June 27, 2018, 04:49:31 PM
Reply #33

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
But Belgium are resting loads of players, and want to finish 2nd apparently so they can remain in the same base and have the 'easier' side to the draw, so there's every chance we'd beat them anyway. I just think give some lads a game. It must be fucking grim to go to a WC, and not get a lookin. We almost never get a free game like this, because we're normally struggling to qualify, so use it. I do take your point though.
Yeah I can see both sides to it tbh. It's just a change for us to be in this position as well.... Not sure what to do ha
Simply simply lovely

July 11, 2018, 03:09:37 AM
Reply #34

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Belgium done by a corner
Wow
Simply simply lovely

July 12, 2018, 05:26:18 PM
Reply #35

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Serious question as I cant remember
In 1990 did we play a 3rd place playoff?
Simply simply lovely

July 12, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
Reply #36

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I actually thought this tournament backed him up and proved that none of our subs were good enough to change/improve things. Can't recall one sub coming on and adding something in pretty much any of the games. Rashford was awful (even though overall I do rate him), Dier was poor, Vardy didn't get too many touches.

Rose was pretty much the only one to add anything, and probably should've been in the first team on balance.

I think if anything, it exposed the lack of a clever creative player in the squad, even though we don't have too many good ones to pick from. I would've taken Lallana myself, but even Wilshere or Shelvey at a push, just to be able to pass the ball in the middle and retain possession in certain games.
Think he got the Sterling sub wrong last night, whilst his end product is poor he gets the defence turned and no one else can do that
Id have been tempted to throw Loftus Cheek on for Alli but the rest of your post I agree with
Simply simply lovely

July 12, 2018, 05:28:15 PM
Reply #37

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I don't remember it either, but a lad in work just said we lost to Italy apparently.
Ah right, sound!
Simply simply lovely

July 13, 2018, 08:07:59 PM
Reply #38

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
italy won us 3 2
That must have been some trophy
Simply simply lovely