November 18, 2018, 08:16:44 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 71633 times)

July 14, 2018, 10:47:51 PM
Reply #5100

KoemansNumberTens

While I agree the draw was a lot of this, I think as a positive there is a base there...but we need much better midfielders.

Defence minus the LB is pretty good. Kane is a solid striker.

I think we have found a few good 1s in Pickford Trippier and McGuire. Iíve actually been quite impressed by sterling too.

Kane really hasnít done much which performance wise which seems ridiculous given heís top scorer. Still not convinced by Southgate though heís obviously a likeable character

We seem to lack any real ability to open teams up. Think rashford and Lingard have looked a bit headless. Our midfielders all look limited

We havenít shamed ourselves but weíve been nothing more than competent either.

July 14, 2018, 10:52:33 PM
Reply #5101

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I think we have found a few good 1s in Pickford Trippier and McGuire. Iíve actually been quite impressed by sterling too.

Kane really hasnít done much which performance wise which seems ridiculous given heís top scorer. Still not convinced by Southgate though heís obviously a likeable character

We seem to lack any real ability to open teams up. Think rashford and Lingard have looked a bit headless. Our midfielders all look limited

We havenít shamed ourselves but weíve been nothing more than competent either.

Kane was good in the group games, but whether it's tiredness or whatever he's been poor last few games. Also fell into the Rooney trap of trying to do too much.

Sterling has been a mixed bag, we've looked worse when he's not on, but also he's not exactly the answer either at times. He'd be contention though, be it squad or otherwise. He'd be a great option from the bench (our bench is very non impactful at the moment).

Southgate is still very much a question mark. Proven little as yet. Still think any England manager is hamstrung until we have the right players though.

It's all about the midfield for me. Add in a decent LB and that defence is good enough to compete. What we lack compared to this Belgium side? Hazard and De Bruyne. Someone who can pass, someone who can take players on. Put those two in our England side and we'd look very good I think.

We need to find two players somewhere in the youth setup, as we don't have them yet.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 10:55:30 PM by blueToffee »

July 14, 2018, 11:07:43 PM
Reply #5102

KoemansNumberTens

Kane was good in the group games, but whether it's tiredness or whatever he's been poor last few games. Also fell into the Rooney trap of trying to do too much.

Sterling has been a mixed bag, we've looked worse when he's not on, but also he's not exactly the answer either at times. He'd be contention though, be it squad or otherwise. He'd be a great option from the bench (our bench is very non impactful at the moment).

Southgate is still very much a question mark. Proven little as yet. Still think any England manager is hamstrung until we have the right players though.

It's all about the midfield for me. Add in a decent LB and that defence is good enough to compete. What we lack compared to this Belgium side? Hazard and De Bruyne. Someone who can pass, someone who can take players on. Put those two in our England side and we'd look very good I think.

We need to find two players somewhere in the youth setup, as we don't have them yet.

Itís a massive thing to lack though. They arenít just a type of player. They are 2 of the worlds best players

I think we are as far away as ever to actually winning something. All 3 who finished above us are European teams and itís odds on Germany and Spain will be better than us again by euro 2020

The 1 that baffles me most is Ali. Heís a level below the Belgium pair but heís great for spurs. You watch him for England and you couldnít say heís very good at anything. Just looks like a plodder

Oh and dier is massively overrated. Heís a nothing player really

July 14, 2018, 11:20:46 PM
Reply #5103

velimski

Ryan Sessegnon will make the left wing back spot his own pretty quickly I suspect.

Painfully obvious that we need midfielders who are comfortable on the ball and create things. 2 or 3 Phil Foden type players and we'll be looking pretty solid i reckon.

July 14, 2018, 11:33:12 PM
Reply #5104

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Itís a massive thing to lack though. They arenít just a type of player. They are 2 of the worlds best players

I think we are as far away as ever to actually winning something. All 3 who finished above us are European teams and itís odds on Germany and Spain will be better than us again by euro 2020

The 1 that baffles me most is Ali. Heís a level below the Belgium pair but heís great for spurs. You watch him for England and you couldnít say heís very good at anything. Just looks like a plodder

Oh and dier is massively overrated. Heís a nothing player really

Yeah it's a big deal, but I don't think we necessarily need the world's best, just a couple of players with those attributes.

Until we find those players though, I agree we're not really close.

July 14, 2018, 11:42:43 PM
Reply #5105

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
Forgot this was on today.
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 14, 2018, 11:54:53 PM
Reply #5106

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
All I need to know is was Pickford at fault with any of the goals?
ďThe best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Donít wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.Ē Barack Obama

July 14, 2018, 11:58:30 PM
Reply #5107

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Yes the third one
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

July 14, 2018, 11:58:37 PM
Reply #5108

Bluedylan

No. Made a very good save as well.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

July 15, 2018, 12:01:07 AM
Reply #5109

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

July 15, 2018, 01:09:20 AM
Reply #5110

Omar

Well, fuck me. I thought the match was at 11am local.

Fuck's sake! Well, I guess I didn't miss much, eh?
You come at the king, you best not miss.

July 15, 2018, 01:56:50 AM
Reply #5111

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
England are, like they always were, a bit shit. Barely a chance from open play. Barely a performance of note. Certainly not beaten a decent team. Nowt to be proud of. Just a fluke draw

Oh shut up.

Theyíve played very well.

Sweden, Columbia, Tunisia and Croatia are hardly minnows.

Considering we had the least expirenced team in the tournament weíve done very well and everyone involved can be proud of what theyíve achieved.

July 15, 2018, 02:28:09 AM
Reply #5112

gizzblue

Lukaku should of had at least one today. Control has been terrible.

Think your being unfair ....Lukaku has the first touch of a fat fingered midwife .

If Kane wins the golden boot for scoring against the worst teams in the tournament and a few pens ....it would be a travesty ...because against anyone decent he's been largely invisible .
Although shittest player deffo goes to Ally ( couldn't run for a bus in an England shirt)despite Danny Rose being Danny Rose esq too .
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 02:33:26 AM by gizzblue »
Born not made a blue .

July 15, 2018, 02:33:17 AM
Reply #5113

KoemansNumberTens

Oh shut up.

Theyíve played very well.

Sweden, Columbia, Tunisia and Croatia are hardly minnows.

Considering we had the least expirenced team in the tournament weíve done very well and everyone involved can be proud of what theyíve achieved.

The giants of world football. Croatia really donít count. Me on my own could get beat by Croatia. Itís not an achievement to get outplayed and beaten by a good team

July 15, 2018, 02:37:07 AM
Reply #5114

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
The giants of world football. Croatia really donít count. Me on my own could get beat by Croatia. Itís not an achievement to get outplayed and beaten by a good team

I kind of donít get you at all yno.