November 20, 2018, 07:30:53 PM

Author Topic: Russia 2018  (Read 71761 times)

July 16, 2018, 02:39:58 PM
Reply #5265

Macca77

Terrible, wouldn't find that kind of thing happening here.....  :wag:

Of course not, English fans would never do such a thing.

July 16, 2018, 02:41:35 PM
Reply #5266

Cereal Killer

Of course not, English fans would never do such a thing.

Our celebrations would be most civilised, hand shakes all round, doffing of caps, mild slaps on the back for those a little giddier....

July 16, 2018, 03:04:57 PM
Reply #5267

Macca77

Our celebrations would be most civilised, hand shakes all round, doffing of caps, mild slaps on the back for those a little giddier....

Whist drinking copious amount of tea

July 16, 2018, 04:20:39 PM
Reply #5268

sam of the south

Iíve heard people say the quality and entertainment was really poor, but it was other things around it that made it good.

Yeah, you are right, but then so is Brownie.

Mexico Ď86, however, was extremely exciting, with loads of ridiculous long range screamers at high altitude!

Maradona was incredible, Brazil were on fire, and there were great performances throughout from France, Russia, Denmark, Spain to name a few.
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

July 16, 2018, 06:41:30 PM
Reply #5269

blue slug

I was 10 for Mexico 86 it was a brilliant World Cup and the first one I remember

July 16, 2018, 06:50:29 PM
Reply #5270

gizzblue

Loved the 90 world cup ...but my favorite has to be the Romario Bebbeto show in 94 ....oh and that Baggio penalty miss ....rekon his rat tail hairdo had him off balance  lolol.
Born not made a blue .

July 16, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Reply #5271

sam of the south

Loved the 90 world cup ...but my favorite has to be the Romario Bebbeto show in 94 ....oh and that Baggio penalty miss ....rekon his rat tail hairdo had him off balance  lolol.

An incredible duo, even though they didnít get on.

Romario was like Maradona over one yard; accelerate, chest out, bang, goal.

Jorginho and Leonardo were excellent wing backs, and Dunga gave good midfield protection to a solid central defence.

July 16, 2018, 08:40:19 PM
Reply #5272

velimski

An incredible duo, even though they didnít get on.

Romario was like Maradona over one yard; accelerate, chest out, bang, goal.

Jorginho and Leonardo were excellent wing backs, and Dunga gave good midfield protection to a solid central defence.

Leonardo was great until he almost killed someone with his elbow.

July 16, 2018, 09:33:53 PM
Reply #5273

sam of the south

Leonardo was great until he almost killed someone with his elbow.

Yes, it was a bad one.

July 16, 2018, 10:44:59 PM
Reply #5274

Macca77

Feeling rather numb now, gutted its all over, counting down the days til the Premier League kicks off.

July 16, 2018, 11:44:33 PM
Reply #5275

Cereal Killer

Feeling rather numb now, gutted its all over, counting down the days til the Premier League kicks off.

What?!

It's the U19s European Championships now! Common England!!

No? Anyone??

July 17, 2018, 01:34:40 AM
Reply #5276

Major Clanger

Called it.

Nah, there will be absolutely nothing of the sort. There will be complete peace, enforced with an iron fist.

Everything will be squeaky clean, civilised and friendly, just like the 1936 Olympics in Berlin.

By the way, it's worth reading the first few pages of this thread, some really funny shouts in there. (And some pretty spot on too, mostly by @Bluedylan and @TheRam, who weirdly represented the optimistic side of the forum. :))
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

July 17, 2018, 01:45:39 AM
Reply #5277

gizzblue

Called it.

By the way, it's worth reading the first few pages of this thread, some really funny shouts in there. (And some pretty spot on too, mostly by @Bluedylan and @TheRam, who weirdly represented the optimistic side of the forum. :))

Gotta say i was totally wrong on this one, i was expecting a real mash up ....but fair play to the Rushkis they pulled off a cracking world cup one of the best to date...

And I'm a twat .
Born not made a blue .

July 17, 2018, 02:15:26 AM
Reply #5278

Major Clanger

Gotta say i was totally wrong on this one, i was expecting a real mash up ....but fair play to the Rushkis they pulled off a cracking world cup one of the best to date...

And I'm a twat .

Nah, if it were up to the Russian ultras, it would've been exactly as you'd expected it to be. But it wasn't, Putin has considerable control over them.
I didn't even remember I had a signature.

July 17, 2018, 02:43:14 AM
Reply #5279

Cassius

NSNO Subscriber
The Russian fans had some neo nazi banners in the crowd in the first game, for which the Russian FA got fined £10k. Only found that out yesterday.

Also, the English FA got fined £70k for three of its players wearing unsanctioned socks in a game.

It's been my favourite tournament since 1996 and the best world cup for me personally since 1990. Loved every minute of it.