December 12, 2018, 10:06:46 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 84916 times)

January 21, 2018, 03:38:52 AM
Reply #1155

Faceatthefence

Yeah but you've got "two" knees so already I rekon your mustard next to Coco
Think a set of broken bagpipes has more symmetry than our Cuco
Night comes down and finds you alone
In a space and time of your own
Lost in dreams in world full of shadows.

January 21, 2018, 03:53:52 AM
Reply #1156

velimski

January 21, 2018, 04:47:39 AM
Reply #1157

Juanito

Reporter: More to come in this window
SA: Errr, no, I don't think so. i think that, erm, we would be more, in, in, in the terms of where we are at the moment moving players on. think that the squad is too big. Erm, there's a, there's thirty, thirty three players here at the moment and i think that, from my point of view, that means that, err, reducing that squad or those squad numbers is important for, for me and the football club and the players that may, that may leave. We don't know which, or who they are because you're waiting for other clubs to come and, erm, show an interest, er, but certainly i think, moving a few players on is, is the order for us

That's ad verbatim and i transcribed it myself.

All those pints of wine have taken its toll. Kids, this is a lesson to you all out there, donít drink pints of wine.

January 21, 2018, 05:20:14 AM
Reply #1158

Goaljira

NSNO Subscriber
Its completely wrecking my head that we've not signed a left back.  Any left footed player will do.  Anyone. 

Just someone who can operate on the left hand side of the pitch, not tackle with the wrong foot all the time, and can actually offer an out in attack instead of getting the ball, stopping, and cutting back on their right foot every time completely killing any chance of momentum or catching players unawares.
My momma says I'm special.

January 21, 2018, 05:26:15 AM
Reply #1159

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like Funes Mori will be stepping in to left back once he's fit, rather than buy an actual left back.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 05:29:02 AM
Reply #1160

sam of the south

Sounds like Funes Mori will be stepping in to left back once he's fit, rather than buy an actual left back.

Oh really, have you heard a whisper somewhere?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 21, 2018, 05:34:04 AM
Reply #1161

Ridge

Garbutt could also be in consideration, just needs a squad number.

January 21, 2018, 05:35:45 AM
Reply #1162

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Oh really, have you heard a whisper somewhere?

Bumped into someone at the match today who I've not spoken with in a while and that's what he said, he's definitely got inside knowledge so it's quite likely.
Just said as soon as he's ready he will slot in to LB as they'd rather wait till the summer to sign a long term LB. Suppose that could all change if Sam's jobs is on the line.
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

January 21, 2018, 05:50:23 AM
Reply #1163

kramer0

So is Baines done then?

I've never seen anything in Funes Mori to suggest he can play left back. He has a tenuous enough grasp on his natural position.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 05:53:13 AM by kramer0 »

January 21, 2018, 05:50:45 AM
Reply #1164

sam of the south

Bumped into someone at the match today who I've not spoken with in a while and that's what he said, he's definitely got inside knowledge so it's quite likely.
Just said as soon as he's ready he will slot in to LB as they'd rather wait till the summer to sign a long term LB. Suppose that could all change if Sam's jobs is on the line.

He's pretty poor at LB from what I remember, and after a long lay-off he's not going to have got better.

However, he does at least have a left foot..

January 21, 2018, 05:53:28 AM
Reply #1165

sam of the south

So is Baines still alive?

The reports of the death of his career have been greatly underplayed

January 21, 2018, 06:32:58 AM
Reply #1166

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if Sanchez goes to Man United if Man Utd would let Mata go?

January 21, 2018, 06:39:40 AM
Reply #1167

plowman2

g
Id honestly be mad up with that. Rather he was centre defense, but just like to see him playing. We need his commitment right now, especially in the defensive mentality.
He's been devastingly underwhelming at goodison and seems to have developed a belief he can run straight through solid objects.
(Sunderland fan's fume at possible signing of McGeady on loan)

January 21, 2018, 08:30:58 AM
Reply #1168

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

Like when? 2019? Let's write off two seasons waiting for someone to get fit.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

January 21, 2018, 12:35:05 PM
Reply #1169

Juanito

Considering we will have Baines and Mori there, I can see the point to re assess in the summer if the best options to us are not available right now