October 18, 2018, 06:47:43 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 80813 times)

December 28, 2017, 03:06:04 AM
Reply #450

blue slug

Be good to shift miralles, mcarthy, besic and klaasen for between 10-20m a piece

December 28, 2017, 03:14:17 AM
Reply #451

Waltzer

There must still be plenty of teams out there that can be bullied financially, obviously in other leagues? It baffles me why teams would buy from other teams in the Prem. The premium is just too high and there is simply no value.
The premier league is loaded so it matters little. In a league where failure is not an option would you rather spend 45 million on a midfielder with a proven track record, like we did with Sigurdsson, or 25 million on unproven talent from a team that can be bullied, like we did with Klassen? I know who I think id looking like the better deal.

Clearly there is value to be had abroad but I'd argue its a lot less risk buying within the league, even when you consider the additional fee to be paid.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 03:15:19 AM by Waltzer »

December 28, 2017, 03:18:17 AM
Reply #452

BlueBeagle

Be good to shift miralles, mcarthy, besic and klaasen for between 10-20m a piece

Be lucky to get 20m as a job lot.

December 28, 2017, 03:21:34 AM
Reply #453

blue slug

Be lucky to get 20m as a job lot.

Really? Thereís always some mugs out there lol

December 28, 2017, 03:26:21 AM
Reply #454

BlueBeagle

Really? Thereís always some mugs out there lol

Exaggerating a little but I reckon:

Mirallas £5m.
McCarthy £10m.
Klaassen £10m in the summer.
Besic 34p.

December 28, 2017, 03:29:34 AM
Reply #455

blue slug

Exaggerating a little but I reckon:

Mirallas £5m.
McCarthy £10m.
Klaassen £10m in the summer.
Besic 34p.

Just a bit lol, reckon 10-15m each for mcarthy and klaasen possibly and 5-10 each for miralles and besic

December 28, 2017, 03:43:21 AM
Reply #456

KoemansNumberTens

The premier league is loaded so it matters little. In a league where failure is not an option would you rather spend 45 million on a midfielder with a proven track record, like we did with Sigurdsson, or 25 million on unproven talent from a team that can be bullied, like we did with Klassen? I know who I think id looking like the better deal.

Clearly there is value to be had abroad but I'd argue its a lot less risk buying within the league, even when you consider the additional fee to be paid.

The problem is we could buy 1 million Sigurdssons and we'd know that none of them would ever take us up a notch. Potential is a risk but potentially great as to be better than a safe good but not quite good enough.

Liverpools front 4 cost about 2 and a bit Sigurdssons. We have to buy potential because what we can get that's proven isn't good enough

December 28, 2017, 03:55:54 AM
Reply #457

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
The problem is we could buy 1 million Sigurdssons and we'd know that none of them would ever take us up a notch. Potential is a risk but potentially great as to be better than a safe good but not quite good enough.

Liverpools front 4 cost about 2 and a bit Sigurdssons. We have to buy potential because what we can get that's proven isn't good enough

What we did with Sigurdsson is basically exactly what they do.

Buy peak age proven attackers from the big leagues and play a premium.

Buying potential would have been Salah before Chelsea, Mane before Southampton and Firminho before whoever he was at in Germany. None of them were risks in the slightest.

Only potential they bought was coutinho and they still bought him from inter, and it was years ago so clearly not part of the same strategy.

We did the same thing, we just have to buy worse players because nobody wants to come to Everton. We paid so much more because of the inflation of the last window, and Swansea has our kecks down.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 04:06:32 AM
Reply #458

KoemansNumberTens

What we did with Sigurdsson is basically exactly what they do.

Buy peak age proven attackers from the big leagues and play a premium.

Buying potential would have been Salah before Chelsea, Mane before Southampton and Firminho before whoever he was at in Germany. None of them were risks in the slightest.

Only potential they bought was coutinho and they still bought him from inter, and it was years ago so clearly not part of the same strategy.

We did the same thing, we just have to buy worse players because nobody wants to come to Everton. We paid so much more because of the inflation of the last window, and Swansea has our kecks down.

They were all cheaper than Sigurdsson. I think they bought potential in every case. All good players but all capable of going up levels too.

VVD is obviously proven our problem is no one who's proven and champions league quality wants to play here. If we are going to build a side who are capable of qualifying for it we'll have to do it by buying potential.

December 28, 2017, 04:33:37 AM
Reply #459

Juanito

Totally agree. We need someone to drive us forward. Davies tries and always looks for the forward pass but heís just canít be relied upon. Not being critical of the lad but the amount of 5 yard passes that go astray and break-down our attacks is infuriating. His time will come.

Shame, Ross Barkley has many attributes for a classic no8 but doesnít seem like itís gonna happen.

December 28, 2017, 06:11:43 AM
Reply #460

Lxxx

Shame, Ross Barkley has many attributes for a classic no8 but doesnít seem like itís gonna happen.

Ross is part of the last group who had all the potential to reach the top together but fell short because it was all stuck together with the wood glue that was Martinez.

Time to try and recreate that again with the next round of recruitment. Although itíll lack the feel good factor of that first Martinez season regardless of who we buy as Sam just wouldnít look the same in brown shoes.

December 28, 2017, 06:16:19 AM
Reply #461

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Not for us, no unfortunately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 28, 2017, 03:25:46 PM
Reply #462

D15TIN

Sandro & Klaasen with probably be loaned out next month

Mirallas will likely leave to turkey or Greece, unless West Ham come in again maybe - can see mirallas just wanting a holiday though

Besic will probably be tough to shift

Mccarthys glass hamstrings will probably stop us from getting a good fee - I think allardyce may want to keep him tbh- unless we get nzonzi in

Niasse could move on if Tosun comes in or another striker

Still think Jagielka may go, at this stage of his career he should be wanting to play every week - maybe sheff utd would take him or lower PL clubs

December 28, 2017, 09:54:54 PM
Reply #463

American Evertonian

Can we add Luke Shaw to our PL roster come Jan 1?
A ship is safe in the harbor, but that's not what ships are for.

December 28, 2017, 10:03:12 PM
Reply #464

Ravardo

Can we add Luke Shaw to our PL roster come Jan 1?

My mate the spurs fan seems to think man u will get danny rose and there get luke shaw....ive just about had enough of man u rejects anyway