December 16, 2018, 03:12:23 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 85252 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:26:46 PM
Read 85252 times

The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool

Hmmmm thinking about the whole picture of where we and teams around us will be, come the end of the season (you would hope)...

Burnley’s and Watford’s bubble is likely to burst or they are not likely to end their season as strongly as they have started. And the opposite for us. And Southampton are on and off this year. So, you would think Leicester would be our main competition for chasing the top of the 2nd partition of the Prem. Bear with me...

If we grab Vardy or Mahrez, it will not only strengthen us, and add pace and severe threat up top, but it will weaken Leicester too. Were not going to get a Benzema, Cavani or a Lewandowski, but we should be able to tempt Vardy with a final big money move, and would do a job for the next transitional year or two.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 05:28:24 PM by The Blue 3/4 of Liverpool »

January 15, 2018, 02:53:05 PM
Reply #1

I watch a hell of a lot of football, and I would say that this season, we are the worst footballing, clueless side in the league. Our squad is not the worst, but our play is. It is shocking how we have become this with the investment put into our club and the funds that have been available. More funds should be spent on our actual tactical coaching. We could buy an entire coaching staff, from any of the top 5 teams in the world, and it would still not cost as much as a Sigurdsson. Emphasis should be placed on this when Sam's contract runs out or someone makes a decision. Safety this season is still priority, let there be no mistake there. There is light at the end of the tunnel, but its a long, shitty tunnel I'm afraid.

January 16, 2018, 08:52:46 PM
Reply #2

Creswell for Davies?

January 17, 2018, 03:08:02 PM
Reply #3

And I would hazard a guess that he is better than Niasse. I'm sure they are aware we need a left back, but as the season is over, with Baines and RFM coming back, I dont think we are in a major panic to get one, if we can secure a better one in the summer. Its not as if we need a load more players for our European and domestic cup runs, sidetracking us from pushing for the top 4 is it? If the opportunity comes up to buy better players and improve our squad, meaning we can get rid of dead wood, then we should take it.