November 16, 2018, 01:07:28 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 83384 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:22:19 PM
Read 83384 times

Rodenplav64

Just like playing football Manager this shite . I hope he just gets told to get on with what he has till the summer . Don't want to see someone come in now and block Kenny , DCL , Benni or Lookman . I want to know if he can get improvement out of Klassen , Schneiderlin and Sandro once he has settled the defence and put a stop to the headless chicken displays . He has an 18 month contract and I don't think we need to inflate the squad with players who won't be arsed once we have got about 40 points .If the signs are positive then wait till the summer as the reason for the appointment was to stop us going down not that it was happening anyway .

December 03, 2017, 07:20:15 PM
Reply #1

Rodenplav64

December 03, 2017, 09:47:04 PM
Reply #2

Rodenplav64

Exactly. Let's appoint a manager then cut his throat by not giving him any money to spend despite all of us knowing there's big holes in our squad. Crazy plan

No he is a panic appointment and was not anywhere near first choice . He has an 18month contract and if Silva became available then Allardyce will be gone . It would actually make business sense and it is something he has actually got use to over the years . He isn't here to stay or that contract would have been longer and I would have no problem letting him splash a bit of Mo's cash . If you consider Koeman had to clear out those he didn't want and Allardyce might well have to do the same then why let him spend shedloads ? And just incase you can't read I said wait till the summer and lets see what he can get out of the existing squad . Hardly crackers is it ?

December 03, 2017, 11:22:17 PM
Reply #3

Rodenplav64

Surely its very obvious we need a left back a centre half and a striker. Almost indisputable? So why wait if suitable targets are available?

We have Keane and Williams , Jags and Holgate . Had it not gone tits up for Koeman that probably would have been seen as good enough for this season . I don't mind loans but Kone fell off a fucking cliff and we could have bought him on account of his end of season efforts for Sunderland and now be stuck with someone who is dogshit . We need to reduce the age of the squad and he really doesn't have much of a record for that does he . I am not saying we should strangle his finances but we have already spent a shitload and we don't need to add to the spending if he can get what we have climbing the table . In the summer we can better evaluate .

December 04, 2017, 03:55:31 PM
Reply #4

Rodenplav64

Totally crackers.

19 year old up front two 40 year old CB’s, a double fracture at RB with a 19 year old filling in and Cuco Martina at left back for the foreseeable.

Do you not like Everton? Do you not want them to do well?
[/quot

You can't read can you and exaggeration makes you look crackers . First and foremost he was brought in to keep us up . I want this season behind us and to make rational decisions in the summer . He can get loans in to cover for the positions that need strengthening . Comprende ? Wakarimas ? Get it ? Verste ? Razumijete ?

December 04, 2017, 03:57:25 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

Isn't this why we have a director of football?

He has been a raving success .

December 04, 2017, 08:42:12 PM
Reply #6

Rodenplav64

Hopefully that's the model our DoF has relayed to his mate.

Hopefully our U23 system is already doing it .

December 06, 2017, 03:30:41 PM
Reply #7

Rodenplav64

Were 10th, not really an attractive option to great players in their prime, Nzonzi and Walcott would be an improvement on Mirallas and Schneiderlin

Not so long ago Schneiderlin was an improvement on everyone . How you think an enigma like Walcott would take us forward I don't know .

January 03, 2018, 10:43:58 PM
Reply #8

Rodenplav64

Walcott and Bolasie ...if we ever play two winters again would be pace enough to burn .

One enigma is enough .

January 03, 2018, 11:38:58 PM
Reply #9

Rodenplav64

He has well more end product than Bolasie though no?.

Yes Bolasies end product is absolutely shit in comparison but that doesn't make Walcott that good . We were rinsed for Bolasie and a few have created a myth of the time ' before he got injured ' . Speaking of which Walcott is also prone to that a bit more than most . Still anyone gets a chance if we buy them I suppose .

January 04, 2018, 08:39:33 PM
Reply #10

Rodenplav64

Walcott is crap

Once again we are signing a top 6 clubs reserve failures , we will never get close to them if we keep buying their ageing cast offs

No doubt he would command a big wage as well

Completely the wrong kind of signing

An expensive headless chicken who has 1 good game in 10

But if our world class Manager wants him ?

January 09, 2018, 09:26:39 PM
Reply #11

Rodenplav64

Rakitic may be available. Worth a punt, but will undoubtedly want 'Champions League'.

Quality player . Surely no chance though .