September 22, 2018, 06:08:26 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 79107 times)

January 09, 2018, 09:26:08 PM
Reply #15

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Even if we don't bring in another striker, one of Sandro or Naisse will still leave.
We have Tosun, DCL, Sandr/Naisse, and Rooney if required.

If we imagine Tosun will be first choice for the rest of the season, it might not be the worst idea to loan out DCL to keep giving him game time.

Perhaps give Sandro more minutes as a sub to see if he can get up to speed with the PL.

January 09, 2018, 09:35:34 PM
Reply #16

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think he needs game time I think he needs to spend a bit less time on the pitch given the load he has carried in recent months and also without the responsibility of being the 'main striker'.
You can over-use young players and damage their development. For some it works but overall they need to be playing in a way that puts their development needs first.
I think he's learned fast but, like the other youngsters, you can see the inexperience as well and the last thing a youngster needs is a serious knock to his confidence which is a risk if their mistakes are seen to cost points.

That's fine, I'd just expect after playing so much he might find it a bit hard to adjust to getting 10-20 mins here or there for instance if we're also trying out Sandro for example, or giving more game time to Lookman or Vlasic on the wing so he'd not get a look in there either.

I think he is a 20 min sub kinda player right now though, we just put him in a position where we needed to rely on him a lot more.

January 14, 2018, 09:25:46 AM
Reply #17

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Linked with Antonio from West Ham while Davies is linked with going the other way.

They'll be me done.

Looking at the article, it's a bit tenuous. However, given the club track record of late I'm not going to take anything for granted.

Assuming for argument's sake it's true, it would be totally dispiriting. I'd sooner sack Allardyce, Walsh and anyone else coming up with such idea and put the first fan through the gate in charge of the match day squad.

As for Antonio, I'd be done with Walsh there and then. He may as well admit his scouting network could be replicated by anyone with a half decent TV sports package.

January 16, 2018, 09:08:46 PM
Reply #18

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber

January 21, 2018, 06:32:58 AM
Reply #19

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if Sanchez goes to Man United if Man Utd would let Mata go?

January 23, 2018, 11:39:31 PM
Reply #20

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
My ideal window (and it's never going to happen) would be a CB, LB, creative CM come in.

Loan/Loan to buy/whatever. I'd feel comfortable with that. I feel there would be balance there.

We do have a lot on the line still, bare minimum should be a LB. However, given comments by Allardyce I'm not even that hopeful on a LB.

They're almost wearing me down with Cresswell, he's not very good but he's a LB and I'm starting to get a bit desperate the longer we go into the window without one. Would be another nail in the coffin of Walsh though.

January 30, 2018, 08:57:03 PM
Reply #21

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
Id be happy with that, why dont we ask for Zaha too!!? :)

Benteke? Have you seen him recently? Awful, but even before his injury his form has been pretty ropey.

Allardyce has said Niasse isn't leaving in this window, so this sounds made up anyhow.

January 30, 2018, 09:08:43 PM
Reply #22

blueToffee

NSNO Subscriber
I don't think Niasse is the answer to all our problems, but for right now he fills a particular need quite well. He comes on as a sub and brings workrate, enthusiasm and massively important...he does get goals.

If we considered selling our (I believe) 2nd highest goalscorer this season when we're struggling to score...for Benteke, a player who is the very opposite of what we need (lazy, uninvested and above all else in pretty terrible form) I'd give up on Walsh and Allardyce then and there.

Would be a shocking decision.