December 10, 2018, 12:42:58 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 84698 times)

January 14, 2018, 09:07:17 PM
Reply #60

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Bertrand and Shaw being targeted but both unlikely atm due to fees being asked.

Looking to move for Tyrell Malacia who is a LB at Feyenoord but only 18 so doubt he’d be first team

Either would be good signings.

I want to hear about CM tho. Who’s running now the game for us next year?
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 05:14:10 PM
Reply #61

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sigurdsson would have done before he came here, I’d say. In fact Keane probably would have done.

Pattern here... ;)

Coleman (assuming he’s ok) would too.

Pickford

Coleman Tark Mee Bertrand

Gross Merino N’didi

Mahrez   Vardy   Zaha

Think Sigurdsson makes the bench unless we have a ten, and even then i’d Rather have another LW come in and put Mahrez in 10

Little bit iffy about merino (any other deep DM’s in the prem? Maybe Romeu?)  and a little bit iffy about the CB pairing tbh, but my manager choice would be Dyche so he’d get a good defence out of them two.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 06:16:44 PM
Reply #62

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Gana is the best ball winner in the league so he'd walk into that side.

Coleman, Pickford, Rooney, Sigurdsson.

Tosun will probably be better than all the other strikers as well tbh.

We actually do have a good team, it's just been mismanaged appallingly.

We're 9th, having played to about 20% of our potential. We really aren't that far off.

N’didi better.

Edit : (Tbh not a great deal to choose from, is probably have Gana being honest)

Rooney finished.

Edit : (still our best player, but if you were building a side you’d surely build for the future. He’d maybe make the bench as a CM)

Mahrez better than Sig.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:24:11 PM by brap2 »

January 15, 2018, 08:45:10 PM
Reply #63

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Getting a bit pissed off now tbh.

January 16, 2018, 03:02:46 AM
Reply #64

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
are you saying we need a number 10 if so you can fucking do one

We don’t have a -

Silva
B.Silva
De Bruyne
Hazard
Fabregas
Mata
Pogba
Ozil
Wilshere
Coutinho
Lallana
Erikson
Son

Someone who can pass through the back line, over the back line, behind the back line...we haven’t got anyone who can create chances from open play except from out wide.

Closest would be Rooney or Sigurdsson. Rooney playing deep or should be, and sig’s lack of open play chance creation (and even just involvement at times) was widely covered on here at the start of the season and his strength is dead balls into the box.

Not like strictly a number ten, but someone who can pass up the pitch accurately with good vision and is naturally inclined to do so.

One thing is - we’re so deep 90% of the time now that even if we did have someone who can unpick the lock then they’d have to have a pretty fucking long pick.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:07:10 AM by brap2 »

January 16, 2018, 03:06:17 AM
Reply #65

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Oh one thing i did notice against Tottenham (what few bits we could take away from it) was Tosun’s runs in behind - Gueye even nearly put him through at one point.

A striker who’s more of a handful with his runs will be better for out attacking players. Not DCL’s fault but he doesn’t strike much fear into the opposition back line.

January 16, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
Reply #66

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah as you say even Sigurdsson is more of a “finisher” in terms of either shooting or the final cross etc.

Rooney is just and all round good player but not a natural knitter of the play but is probably the closest that we have.

Tell you what I’m not looking forward to the other lot getting that Keita. Haven’t seen that much of him but he looks to me in the Pogba / De Bruyne / Toure mould (and Barkley to an extent) a dynamic ball carrier who is a really aggressive forward passer as well. Can’t be arsed with them next year.

Not sure who we could get to furfil that role. Lanzini but is a classic 10 and he’d be apparently quite expensive. Mahrez would be ideal for me, off the left dribbling in. £50m would bite your hand off.

January 16, 2018, 04:43:19 AM
Reply #67

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
One thing that would seem to me to be reasonably easy to improve is to make Gueye / McCarthy realise that they’re actually ok dribbling the ball forward.

They’re not going to become passers at this stage but they should learn / be taught that they can still help get the ball up the other end by carrying it into gaps that appear.

One of the forward players would need to make themselves available for a short pass when they get there but it’d at least be some attempt at makin what we have more effective.

Yeah not ideal but either could be come more competent ball carriers - or Tom Davies is able to - then we’d be able to get up the pitch that way.

I was looking at squawka comparisons between N’didi Gueye and Kante today when replying to @TheRam elsewhere and one thing that really stood out was how much better Kante was at take-ons than the other two. In that position it’s just going to be a drop of the shoulder and avoid a tackle and move up the pitch 5 yards. Gueye had the fewest.

Wouldn’t be against Holgate having an occasional foray into midfield if he can avoid the first challenge. Not convinced he’s a great long passer (not seen the stats tho) but he looks capable over short distances to me, and is quite good at evading onrushing attackers. Would push the whole side up wards.

Has to avoid that ball into kennys feet that is on all the time however and pass vertically into sig/rooney/Tosun’s feet. Looks like a dead end to me more often than not that full back area. No support and no options leading to a lump or a tackle.

January 16, 2018, 02:06:26 PM
Reply #68

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Wait is that Jermaine Defoe stuff real?

If it is Walsh and Allardyce can fuck off asap I’m not arsed. Rapidly turning into West Ham with this meatloaf head and his little mate.

January 16, 2018, 03:09:13 PM
Reply #69

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Please, stop taking rumours as gospel.

Why would I question gospel

January 16, 2018, 09:09:42 PM
Reply #70

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
That goes with what I was told just after Christmas

Keep up the good work @Django lad

The djangerman is smashing it.

Another uninspiring mid table target in cresswell though. Would rather masuaku.

January 17, 2018, 05:54:14 AM
Reply #71

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
So we want to buy another forward player?

How are we going to accommodate Terrier plus Tosun, DCL, Niasse, Sandro plus don't forget we have Onyekuru coming in the summer.

Meanwhile Cuco Martina is pinching himself yet again, he will still be the first name on the team sheet because whilst Baines is still injured there is absolutely nobody else who can play in his position that Martina can barely play in with a small level of competency.

Tosun first choice
Terrier second
DCL youthful tactical back up

Sandro going
Niasse going

January 17, 2018, 08:12:35 PM
Reply #72

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Terrier is 20.

It’s not the age of the dog in the fight...or something

January 18, 2018, 02:07:34 PM
Reply #73

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Hasn't it been ripped up and he's no longer under contract??

No, he has of course turned that particular offer down.

I really, really rated him when he was coming through but tbh I think his arse has gone and his heart isn’t in it.

January 18, 2018, 02:38:50 PM
Reply #74

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Sounds like Terrier is going to Lyon