January 20, 2018, 03:30:17 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 48257 times)

Trowel, Toffee1, Grand Master C, ForzaItalia, Mayor Farnum and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

December 03, 2017, 09:17:08 PM
Reply #75

Danny

Exactly. Let's appoint a manager then cut his throat by not giving him any money to spend despite all of us knowing there's big holes in our squad. Crazy plan

Particularly funny when itís the same people labelling Allardyce as a panic appointment but then saying donít even back him.

December 03, 2017, 09:47:04 PM
Reply #76

Rodenplav64

Exactly. Let's appoint a manager then cut his throat by not giving him any money to spend despite all of us knowing there's big holes in our squad. Crazy plan

No he is a panic appointment and was not anywhere near first choice . He has an 18month contract and if Silva became available then Allardyce will be gone . It would actually make business sense and it is something he has actually got use to over the years . He isn't here to stay or that contract would have been longer and I would have no problem letting him splash a bit of Mo's cash . If you consider Koeman had to clear out those he didn't want and Allardyce might well have to do the same then why let him spend shedloads ? And just incase you can't read I said wait till the summer and lets see what he can get out of the existing squad . Hardly crackers is it ?

December 03, 2017, 10:05:21 PM
Reply #77

KoemansNumberTens

No he is a panic appointment and was not anywhere near first choice . He has an 18month contract and if Silva became available then Allardyce will be gone . It would actually make business sense and it is something he has actually got use to over the years . He isn't here to stay or that contract would have been longer and I would have no problem letting him splash a bit of Mo's cash . If you consider Koeman had to clear out those he didn't want and Allardyce might well have to do the same then why let him spend shedloads ? And just incase you can't read I said wait till the summer and lets see what he can get out of the existing squad . Hardly crackers is it ?

Surely its very obvious we need a left back a centre half and a striker. Almost indisputable? So why wait if suitable targets are available?

December 03, 2017, 10:44:34 PM
Reply #78

Thomas

How's oxford doing? He's on loan somewhere in Germany isn't he? Cavani is worldclass and having a fantastic season. No way PSG will part with him and if they did they'd be loads of teams better placed than us to sign him

Hopefully we will be clever move away from overpriced premier league players

The header he scored vs Celtic and the absolute arrogance/nonchalant nature of the manner of the way he did it was amazing. It would have been superb in the near corner but he somehow managed to put it in the far corner. (Cavani)

December 03, 2017, 10:49:43 PM
Reply #79

Thomas

Gray's just signed a ne deal. Vardy would be one of those terrible SA type signings that everyone is worried about - huge fee, massive wages, end of career near with no resale value.

What about (as a complete shot in the dark i must stress) Rondon? Is he better than Deeney?

Loftus Cheek/Zaha?

December 03, 2017, 11:06:28 PM
Reply #80

Brownie20

NSNO Subscriber
What about (as a complete shot in the dark i must stress) Rondon? Is he better than Deeney?

Loftus Cheek/Zaha?

I won't comment on Rondon and Loftys Cheek as I've not seen a lot of them. Zaha is a bit inconsistent isn't he?
[lightbox=image_url|title|group|float][/lightbox]  :cheers:

December 03, 2017, 11:16:29 PM
Reply #81

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber

Loftus Cheek/Zaha?
Defo take rondon me
Cheaper and a good alternative to benteke

Simply simply lovely

December 03, 2017, 11:22:17 PM
Reply #82

Rodenplav64

Surely its very obvious we need a left back a centre half and a striker. Almost indisputable? So why wait if suitable targets are available?

We have Keane and Williams , Jags and Holgate . Had it not gone tits up for Koeman that probably would have been seen as good enough for this season . I don't mind loans but Kone fell off a fucking cliff and we could have bought him on account of his end of season efforts for Sunderland and now be stuck with someone who is dogshit . We need to reduce the age of the squad and he really doesn't have much of a record for that does he . I am not saying we should strangle his finances but we have already spent a shitload and we don't need to add to the spending if he can get what we have climbing the table . In the summer we can better evaluate .

December 03, 2017, 11:53:10 PM
Reply #83

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Lads, Rondon has scored about two goals in a year. Swerve.

The Nzonzi thing is gathering pace and that really excites me.

December 04, 2017, 12:12:11 AM
Reply #84

Toddacelli

This. Don't rate Rondon at all, me. He may be able to hold up a bit and play as a target man but he's no better than DCL at that and he scores less. If we spend money on a striker we need a goal return, not just someone who fits a system.

Imagine spending £20M on Rondon and relying on the rest of the team for goals...     ...not a pretty thought.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 04, 2017, 12:16:00 AM
Reply #85

Shogun

Administrator
Rondon is certainly a suggestion but you know, I don't think going for the worst Premier League players is going to help us.
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 04, 2017, 12:17:09 AM
Reply #86

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber

Where you reading rumours about this link?

December 04, 2017, 12:50:19 AM
Reply #87

Gash

Global Moderator

I even gave your post it's own thread but no one's biting. :)

December 04, 2017, 01:14:44 AM
Reply #88

Danny

The header he scored vs Celtic and the absolute arrogance/nonchalant nature of the manner of the way he did it was amazing. It would have been superb in the near corner but he somehow managed to put it in the far corner. (Cavani)

His volley the other day into the bottom corner vs Celtic as well (I think) was the least saveable shot i've ever seen, no keeper in football history saves it.

December 04, 2017, 01:18:14 AM
Reply #89

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Heís world class forget about it
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.