February 22, 2018, 04:40:34 AM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 63055 times)

January 02, 2018, 01:38:04 AM
Reply #495

Waltzer

Tbh I wouldn't bother with anything unless there is a once in a lifetime opportunity or any unreal bargain. Our season is over, probably by Friday evening, I don't think Sam will be here next season so it seems a bit pointless. Wait until the summer then go big

January 02, 2018, 01:47:24 AM
Reply #496

loroloco

Tbh I wouldn't bother with anything unless there is a once in a lifetime opportunity or any unreal bargain. Our season is over, probably by Friday evening, I don't think Sam will be here next season so it seems a bit pointless. Wait until the summer then go big

why donīt you believe heīll be here? i hope heīs gone but i donīt think he will be.  this is everton. queue the disappointment.

January 02, 2018, 01:51:10 AM
Reply #497

Tony Clifton

Hearing we've made an eBay bid for one of these

January 02, 2018, 01:52:38 AM
Reply #498

Waltzer

why donīt you believe heīll be here? i hope heīs gone but i donīt think he will be.  this is everton. queue the disappointment.
I don't know. I think they'll pay him off, they only wanted him short term in the first place and I don't think that's ever changed? Personally I'm not too fussed either way, I think he's a better manager than some give him credit for, but I don't think Moshiri will see a future with him

January 02, 2018, 01:57:30 AM
Reply #499

SANA_DR0

They offer nothing consistently though.

DCL is young so Iíve no problem with him but he should be 3rd choice with minutes here and there.

Niasse tries very hard but isnít anywhere near good enough.

They donít offer consistent hold up play, thereís no consistent clever movements and thereís no consistent threat.

your correct they're not consistent, ive seen DCL and Niasse make runs, but then you have Gana Gueye /Davies or one of the defenders trying to play balls through, sometimes it seems we have the wide strikers just for defensive purposes we never utalise their attacking ability... i think it was mentioned on commentary today that the fullbacks where in the attacking positions our wingers should be in (edge of 18 yard line)  just a waste having vlasic or Bolassie in the box trying to score from a cross from Martina or Holgate..  it just defies logic.

we need some midfielders who can carry the ball or pass it forwards.. wish Barkley fucking stays.. but from what i've been told he's made contacts with the wrong sort of people and they want him out of liverpool.. dont know if its true.. but surely he Everton can get some handlers around him and sort his personal situation out, he is what we need.
Unsworth has a 100% League record at home
Norwich 3-0 15th May 2016
Watford 3-2 5th Nov 2017
West Ham 4-0 29th Nov 2017
To Be Continued.....

January 02, 2018, 01:58:28 AM
Reply #500

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
LB
CM
LW/RW/AM
CF

All desperately needed, squads absolutely shite.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 01:59:52 AM
Reply #501

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
your correct they're not consistent, ive seen DCL and Niasse make runs, but then you have Gana Gueye /Davies or one of the defenders trying to play balls through, sometimes it seems we have the wide strikers just for defensive purposes we never utalise their attacking ability... i think it was mentioned on commentary today that the fullbacks where in the attacking positions our wingers should be in (edge of 18 yard line)  just a waste having vlasic or Bolassie in the box trying to score from a cross from Martina or Holgate..  it just defies logic.

we need some midfielders who can carry the ball or pass it forwards.. wish Barkley fucking stays.. but from what i've been told he's made contacts with the wrong sort of people and they want him out of liverpool.. dont know if its true.. but surely he Everton can get some handlers around him and sort his personal situation out, he is what we need.

Itís not just the strikers of course but I doubt many other PL clubs would be starting our choices.

Midfielders are out of form rather than not great Iíd say.

January 02, 2018, 02:05:03 AM
Reply #502

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Itís not just the strikers of course but I doubt many other PL clubs would be starting our choices.

Midfielders are out of form rather than not great Iíd say.

Been waiting for James McCarthy to turn his form around for 2 and a half years.

Schneiderlin looks better when he has better players around him. Take rooney away from his for example and he looks half the player. Thatís fine and we should work around that - donít expect any output from him, heís only useful in keeping possession when good players are around him. If we are going to have a bad midfield then he can come off immediately or not play.

We have a hodge podge side in almost every area of the pitch it looks like. Very few nailed on choices.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 02, 2018, 02:09:07 AM
Reply #503

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Been waiting for James McCarthy to turn his form around for 2 and a half years.

Schneiderlin looks better when he has better players around him. Take rooney away from his for example and he looks half the player. Thatís fine and we should work around that - donít expect any output from him, heís only useful in keeping possession when good players are around him. If we are going to have a bad midfield then he can come off immediately or not play.

We have a hodge podge side in almost every area of the pitch it looks like. Very few nailed on choices.

Yeah I just think enough of them have been good PL players that theyíre at least as good as most other options outside of top 6.

I donít see that re forwards.

Even Bolasie is poor re stats in his career

January 02, 2018, 02:17:16 AM
Reply #504

sam of the south

Yeah I just think enough of them have been good PL players that theyíre at least as good as most other options outside of top 6.

Yeah, we need players with more produc-chivitee.

I wonder if there are any floating about in the £25m-£45m range?
Dignity does not consist in possessing honours, but in deserving them

January 02, 2018, 02:21:10 AM
Reply #505

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

Yup, and ultimately thatís what drives your side on. 3-4 top top attackers and a reasonable back line and you will be competitive.

Should only spend Big and big wages on top attackers, Goals from wide, goals from 10, Goals up top, spend almost anything to get that in the side and buy cheap everywhere else.

January 02, 2018, 02:21:19 AM
Reply #506

KoemansNumberTens

LB
CM
LW/RW/AM
CF

All desperately needed, squads absolutely shite.

Fucking frightening that we still need someone for every attacking position.

January 02, 2018, 02:25:38 AM
Reply #507

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Well Iíd say Sigurdsson immediately looks fine if thereís a top RW and striker there.

January 02, 2018, 02:29:24 AM
Reply #508

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

And not just anyone, 3-5 of those need to be either unbelievable value or £30m+

January 02, 2018, 02:29:49 AM
Reply #509

KoemansNumberTens

Well Iíd say Sigurdsson immediately looks fine if thereís a top RW and striker there.

He's just decent though. He's functional with the odd fantastic strike. We don't have any real control, don't have pace, don't have movement, don't have any dribblers apart from Bolasie. Sigurdsson would be good if everything else was great. When we are asking him to make the play though he's well short.

I genuinely can't believe the mess we made of the transfer window. Surely has to be the worst 1 in premier league history. Sides have signed shite players before but we didny even manage to get players for the right positions