December 10, 2018, 03:16:25 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 84705 times)

January 08, 2018, 07:37:11 PM
Reply #750

gizzblue

Walcott all day ....well better than what we have aside Bolasie maybe.
Born not made a blue .

January 08, 2018, 07:42:12 PM
Reply #751

mikey_blue

What's this NSNO tweet about Vardy? Top trolling?

January 08, 2018, 07:42:17 PM
Reply #752

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
How old is Lennon? Or Arjen Robben? Or Ronaldo?

Just because a player turns 30 doesn't mean they suddenly lose their pace

No, although Ronaldo has slowed quite a bit.

Itís more the risk of it happening, which is higher as you get older.

Then factor in fee and wages (both assumed to be high) and risk factor increases.

Lennon was £4m so was worth the punt.

If Walcott was £25-30m plus £125k a week (4 year deal say), itís got to be a consideration that if his pace did drop would you still want him at that cost.

January 08, 2018, 07:51:16 PM
Reply #753

gizzblue

No, although Ronaldo has slowed quite a bit.

It's more the risk of it happening, which is higher as you get older.

Then factor in fee and wages (both assumed to be high) and risk factor increases.

Lennon was £4m so was worth the punt.

If Walcott was £25-30m plus £125k a week (4 year deal say), it's got to be a consideration that if his pace did drop would you still want him at that cost.
Thing is you also need to factor in how much would a younger fitter Lennon be costing in today's strange market.
Born not made a blue .

January 08, 2018, 07:53:41 PM
Reply #754

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Thing is you also need to factor in how much would a younger fitter Lennon be costing in today's strange market.

Shlupp went to palace for £11m last jan, so I would say somewhere around that.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 08, 2018, 07:55:47 PM
Reply #755

Lxxx

How old is Lennon? Or Arjen Robben? Or Ronaldo?

Just because a player turns 30 doesn't mean they suddenly lose their pace

If you're spending big money both in terms of fee and wages you want to be reasonably sure you're getting value for it over the course of the contract. If Vardy was 22 for example he'd have some of the biggest clubs in the world knocking on his door, as Robben did and as Ronaldo did. Buying a speed merchant on the basis of that attribute for big money towards the end of his career doesn't make financial and footballing sense.

January 08, 2018, 08:09:31 PM
Reply #756

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
If we signed Walcott this window Iíd be floored if he didnít finish the season as our top scorer.

January 08, 2018, 08:35:19 PM
Reply #757

therealdunc

Walcott signed a new deal on £140k a week in 2015, no way he is leaving the comfort of London unless someone pays him more

He knows his England World Cup chances have gone.
Blue

January 08, 2018, 08:39:58 PM
Reply #758

Cereal Killer

Or maybe he's just old school and wants to actually play regular football rather than sit on his arse collecting a pay check??

January 08, 2018, 08:41:30 PM
Reply #759

therealdunc

Or maybe he's just old school and wants to actually play regular football rather than sit on his arse collecting a pay check??
He was told he could move on in the summer according to a lot of the arsenal forums but decided against it.

And that was after signing Lacazette and not selling Giroud.

He knows unless he can find a right mug of a club, no one will pay him his current wages
Blue

January 08, 2018, 08:53:52 PM
Reply #760

therealdunc

He's an athlete first and a footballer second, once the first goes, any value he had as the second goes with it.
Blue

January 08, 2018, 09:00:43 PM
Reply #761

Lxxx

Walcott signed a new deal on £140k a week in 2015, no way he is leaving the comfort of London unless someone pays him more

He knows his England World Cup chances have gone.

If he goes it'll be back to Southampton with Arsenal paying him off.

January 09, 2018, 12:23:03 AM
Reply #762

toshyboy

What's this NSNO tweet about Vardy? Top trolling?

This ????

Came on here expecting to find details of a detail, but this is the only mention????

January 09, 2018, 03:45:24 AM
Reply #763

D15TIN

Can't believe weve not been linked with a left back, even a stop gap for 6 months would do - we literally have no fit/available left backs.

January 09, 2018, 04:02:47 AM
Reply #764

blueski

Can't believe weve not been linked with a left back, even a stop gap for 6 months would do - we literally have no fit/available left backs.
another position koeman made a mess of

maybe the club doesn't want to carry 3 left backs in an already bloated squad where left footed funes mori is maybe close to a return?
Nil Satis