October 21, 2019, 03:30:15 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 102293 times)

December 19, 2017, 05:58:26 PM
Read 102293 times

Dr. Sponge

Niasse just isn't good enough... his shit runs and shit hold up play stop our attacks before they've even started.

Sandro... fuck knows what's happened there. He must look awful in training for 3 different managers to not fancy him.

So that leaves DCL as our only option. I like him, but we need to add another striker in January 100%. A striker that improves the team preferably, but whether that's viable or not is yet to be seen. If it was me, the least I would do is bring in a central striker on the same level as DCL, for fresh legs and rotation.

January 07, 2018, 10:04:32 PM
Reply #1

Dr. Sponge

After signing Tosun, I hope our focus is 100% fixed on signing a decent left back. It's crazy how neglected that position is.

January 09, 2018, 04:20:28 AM
Reply #2

Dr. Sponge

Can we have a left back please?

January 10, 2018, 11:45:14 PM
Reply #3

Dr. Sponge

I'd like a left back.

January 11, 2018, 10:02:59 PM
Reply #4

Dr. Sponge

If we get an offer for Jags that he's keen on then we should let him go with our blessing, makes no sense keeping him here if he's got options elsewhere. We've got one game a week from here on in and he's been a great servant for the club. We have three centre halves to rotate from and Keane and Holgate could do with runs in the side to show what they can do, with the experience of Coleman and Baines to come back either side of them for support.

We wouldn't gain anything from letting him go this month. Mori isn't fit yet so we'd be one injury away from having no first team CBs on the bench.

Plus, let give him a good send off at the end of the season.

January 13, 2018, 02:08:11 AM
Reply #5

Dr. Sponge

We are a football club not a charity

If we can get some decent income for a player who is heading closer to 40 than 30 and is clearly on the decline, sell, sell, sell.

You and I both agree Allardyce is a decent manager and that's the only time I've ever agreed with what you said.

Mad innit.

January 15, 2018, 03:42:03 AM
Reply #6

Dr. Sponge

To think 10 years ago(...) we had Arteta, Pienaar, Osman, Fernandes and Gravesen!

Plus Cahill and Fellaini, two of the best players in the air in the league.

Now we're shit at both styles of play.

January 15, 2018, 04:08:24 AM
Reply #7

Dr. Sponge

It's ridiculous how much better Moyes was at transfers than everyone we've had since.

If he had a risk-taking bone in his body, he might have a trophy to show for the generally excellent work he did here.

We played some really nice football at times, especially through Baines.

How "Everton" is it that the only thing those Moyes teams were missing was a top striker, and as soon as he left we got Lukaku.

January 15, 2018, 07:35:16 PM
Reply #8

Dr. Sponge

Or deeper, even someone like Gibson (his type not him per se).

But we're lacking at both ends.

Or Barry. Was baffled when we sold him without signing anyone.

January 15, 2018, 10:36:59 PM
Reply #9

Dr. Sponge

It's weird watching this transfer window unfold. I used to really feel like a fan of a club I could relate to in some way, but now I feel like a spectator of a pretty shit film but I'm engrossed in seeing what happens next out of curiosity. I don't really cheer the goals as loud and I'm not that arsed when we concede either, bizarre feeling.

Maybe because we've just spent 20 years being the underdogs before having our expectations suddenly soar with the big influx of money, only to be let down the clowns in charge of our player transfers.

January 22, 2018, 08:18:47 PM
Reply #10

Dr. Sponge

Need to sell Sandro and Klassen, then spunk the lot on a left back.

Cresswell is from where I'm from, so I'd get on board with that. Ignoring the fact he's a kopite.

January 24, 2018, 06:47:16 PM
Reply #11

Dr. Sponge

A left back.