August 14, 2018, 10:28:04 PM

Author Topic: January Targets  (Read 76761 times)

January 15, 2018, 05:29:03 PM
Reply #930

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Gana is the best ball winner in the league so he'd walk into that side.

Coleman, Pickford, Rooney, Sigurdsson.

Tosun will probably be better than all the other strikers as well tbh.

We actually do have a good team, it's just been mismanaged appallingly.

We're 9th, having played to about 20% of our potential. We really aren't that far off.

January 15, 2018, 05:38:05 PM
Reply #931

Lxxx

Think this will probably see Niasse on his way out if Walcott comes in. We seem to be operating on an in/out basis at the minute to keep squad numbers and wage bill down and Walcott can play up top as well if necessary too.

Now I presume it's onto the left back....

January 15, 2018, 06:02:12 PM
Reply #932

D_murph0278

If you'd promised me Sandro, Walcott,  Cenk Tosun and Calvert Lewin as forward options before the season started, I would have bit numerous arms off.
Play fucking 2 upfront ffs!!

"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."

January 15, 2018, 06:06:49 PM
Reply #933

KoemansNumberTens

Think you can make a decent arguement for Pickford. Coleman would but we haven't seen him for over a year now. Tosan hopefully. We do lack real exciting talents though especially in attacking positions. Would love a zaha Mahez or even a vardy.

January 15, 2018, 06:16:44 PM
Reply #934

brap2

NSNO Subscriber

We're 9th, having played to about 20% of our potential. We really aren't that far off.

N’didi better.

Edit : (Tbh not a great deal to choose from, is probably have Gana being honest)

Rooney finished.

Edit : (still our best player, but if you were building a side you’d surely build for the future. He’d maybe make the bench as a CM)

Mahrez better than Sig.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:24:11 PM by brap2 »
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

January 15, 2018, 06:34:08 PM
Reply #935

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber

Think weíre not far off being quite a bit better than the non top 6 but weíre still a long way off top 6.

But adding a quality passing midfielder would make an easy and immediate impact, as a quick example.

January 15, 2018, 06:41:21 PM
Reply #936

Lxxx

I wonder if any of the scouts are obliged to ignore any creative midfielders that come across their path. It's like we're on a mission to be the only side in the league without someone who likes to put their foot on the ball and play incisive forward passes...and then maybe move to get a return ball. Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce so far haven't seen that we needed one. Which is exactly what we do need.

January 15, 2018, 06:47:51 PM
Reply #937

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
I wonder if any of the scouts are obliged to ignore any creative midfielders that come across their path. It's like we're on a mission to be the only side in the league without someone who likes to put their foot on the ball and play incisive forward passes...and then maybe move to get a return ball. Martinez, Koeman and Allardyce so far haven't seen that we needed one. Which is exactly what we do need.

Plus itís more than just the passes itís a player who can hold onto the ball when under pressure.

Too many players have no awareness of whatís around them, lack the skill to do it, or donít want to do it.

Just playing it away first time, unless itís to a man in space who can be progressive, doesnít achieve anything it just passes the pressure into the recipient.

Sometimes you have to be able to roll the opponent or send him the wrong way with a body swerve etc.

January 15, 2018, 06:48:57 PM
Reply #938

Lxxx

Plus it’s more than just the passes it’s a player who can hold onto the ball when under pressure.

Too many players have no awareness of what’s around them, lack the skill to do it, or don’t want to do it.

Just playing it away first time, unless it’s to a man in space who can be progressive, doesn’t achieve anything it just passes the pressure into the recipient.

Sometimes you have to be able to roll the opponent or send him the wrong way with a body swerve etc.

A la Pienaar/Osman/Arteta.

January 15, 2018, 06:53:24 PM
Reply #939

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
A la Pienaar/Osman/Arteta.

Or deeper, even someone like Gibson (his type not him per se).

But weíre lacking at both ends.

January 15, 2018, 06:55:42 PM
Reply #940

Cozzie

I still maintain some of the best football I have seen in my life supporting everton was that little triangle of Osman/Pienaar/Baines etc on that left hand side, some superb play.

The wavelength that both Pienaar and Baines where on at one point was telepathic, they where unplayable at a point and where probably the most potent duo in the league at the time.

It's just all about understanding as neither where really blessed with sheer pace but knew where each other was going to be.

January 15, 2018, 07:03:57 PM
Reply #941

Cereal Killer

People have mentioned them numerous times before, but as we only sort one deal at a time it looks like Gameiro to Swansea and Babacar to Palace may happen whilst we negotiate about a fiver with Arsenal for Walcott

Opportunities missed?

January 15, 2018, 07:05:24 PM
Reply #942

Lxxx

People have mentioned them numerous times before, but as we only sort one deal at a time it looks like Gameiro to Swansea and Babacar to Palace may happen whilst we negotiate about a fiver with Arsenal for Walcott

Opportunities missed?

We signed a striker last week.

January 15, 2018, 07:09:12 PM
Reply #943

Hawkandro

We signed a striker last week.

...and we have to remember, they literally looked EVERYWHERE but couldn't find any other striker apart from Tosun.
Yes, we're being condescending. Yes, that means we're talking down to you.

January 15, 2018, 07:12:33 PM
Reply #944

D_murph0278

Opportunities missed?

Kevin Gameiro is a big miss if he's off to fucking Swansea!
Have him all day over Walcott.
"One for Lineker to chase and just look at his pace."