December 15, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 8556 times)

December 03, 2017, 04:51:39 PM
Read 8556 times

Lxxx

He would have been made up to play a dozen games this season but I reckon he'll end up with a dozen goals instead. Sometimes opportunity knocks and you've got to take it and loan moves aren't always the best option. Playing with better players at a higher level day in day out works just as well for some players.

December 04, 2017, 03:52:18 PM
Reply #1

Lxxx

There are some definite weaknesses in his play which I think are more mental than physical and are the kind of things that you're either born with or not. He lacks basic aggression for one, similar to Lukaku. He might not be a mountain of a lad but he's still a decent size to be getting across a defender and making himself a nuisance by throwing in a forearm or backing in. Whether this can be taught by being a little cuter to win a cheap free kick to compensate I don't know but some games you hardly know he's playing for about 20 minute stints. May just be inexpereicne

He's got potential and hopefully with a manager to focus on him and maybe Rooney taking him under his wing he can improve but he'd greatly benefit from a bit of support from January onwards so he can continue to grow out of the team for periods.

December 05, 2017, 02:20:19 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Nope. Strongly disagree. People are much more lenient with DCL.

Well seeing as DCL has a fraction of the experience Lukaku had they'd be right to.

December 13, 2017, 11:47:01 AM
Reply #3

Lxxx

Mate you said he was championship standard

To be fair he probably is, at this stage of his career. He's doing a great job for this level of his development and giving his all but he's not at the level we need and not at a level he can really make a difference.