October 24, 2019, 03:20:21 AM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 10755 times)

December 03, 2017, 05:14:51 PM
Read 10755 times

blue1948

Lack of goal scoring threat pretty much throughout the season until recently....all graft and no impact, poor hold up play etc.

I appreciate he is still young and the teal absolute dross etc and has been much better in the last two games so hopefully it's the sign of an upturn.
I have no idea what you expect from him but in my opinion you are  being grossly unfair to him .Yes he could improve his finishing but if every one he scores is a deflection I don't see how we should complain .

December 03, 2017, 07:37:30 PM
Reply #1

blue1948

Fair dos I appreciate what you are saying however when I watch him I cannot see him ever being the player we need to spearhead our attack....graft and willingness will only take you so far.
Is that graft ,willingness , back heels and most assists or just a bias and unwillingness to admit you are in deeper that Dom in the model?

December 03, 2017, 08:22:32 PM
Reply #2

blue1948

I donít think heís what we need at this moment in time. Thatís the crux of the issue for me.

Heís a developing player, and with that come some ups and downs as youíd expect. Heís not ready to be leading the line with regularity though. These last two games were his best of the season in addition to the Man City game. Outside of those his form has not been what we need, albeit I appreciate some of the work he has put in.

If our stated ambitions are still true, we need better at this moment in time.

I cannot argue with that logic ,I just thought some of the flak is a bit unjustified .He has posed a bigger threat this season than I expected but we need somone to frighten the opposition a bit more ,saying that he really has improved the last few games .

December 13, 2017, 07:35:46 PM
Reply #3

blue1948

To be fair he probably is, at this stage of his career. He's doing a great job for this level of his development and giving his all but he's not at the level we need and not at a level he can really make a difference.
You make a good point but what a nice lad he is . He will improve and for sure Big Sam will push him on .Great vid by the way