January 23, 2018, 02:23:27 PM

Author Topic: DCL  (Read 5336 times)

December 11, 2017, 03:16:56 PM
Reply #75

Bob Sacamano

NSNO Subscriber
People have questioned is DCL is good enough. People have stated they hate Williams. Called Allardyce names and accused both (infact most) of not caring

Surely we are allowed to question players abilities. The shite others have taken has been shocking. DCL hasn't had any of that

No context allowed then, ok. Life is just that simple.

December 11, 2017, 03:52:33 PM
Reply #76

KoemansNumberTens

No context allowed then, ok. Life is just that simple.

What's the context. DCL has had perfectly good treatment from our fans. Others haven't. That's all I'm saying.

By all means explain the context where it's okay to say you hate Williams and accuse him of not trying but not okay for a vast minority to say that maybe they don't think DCL is good enough. He's been 1 of very few who's escaped unfair and personal criticism. Don't know why people are suggesting otherwise

December 11, 2017, 03:54:30 PM
Reply #77

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
What's the context. DCL has had perfectly good treatment from our fans. Others haven't. That's all I'm saying.

By all means explain the context where it's okay to say you hate Williams and accuse him of not trying but not okay for a vast minority to say that maybe they don't think DCL is good enough. He's been 1 of very few who's escaped unfair and personal criticism. Don't know why people are suggesting otherwise

Mate you said he was championship standard

December 11, 2017, 03:57:32 PM
Reply #78

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
A kid who has just started out his development journey = leeway being given for rough edges
Old pro who has very little/if anything left to learn = open to accusation he won't be good enough to play in our upcoming games

That's the context

December 11, 2017, 04:01:17 PM
Reply #79

howard1334

We've not struggled scoring goals.  Lukaku wouldn't have scored the 28 more goals than whichever striker has played in his place so far this season to negate the absolute bag of shit we've been in defence.

You can't look at a single game and think 'Lukaku would have scored that' and it would have reversed the result.  And thats all he would have brought because he wouldnt have been a better target man, he wouldnt have held the ball up and he wouldnt have worked his arse off like Niasse and DCL have done. 

But you can look at games where options instead of our CBs or LBs could have changed the result for the better.

You really don't know how games, even those we lost 3-0 or 4-0, would have gone if Lukaku would have been playing. He might have nicked a goal in the first 10 minutes, which would have totally changed how the game played out from there. What would have been a 4-0 loss without him could have been a 2-1 win with him. It's a more complicated situation than you are presenting. But i shall leave it at this, b/c it is around here that Gash starts getting angry with me.

December 11, 2017, 04:03:35 PM
Reply #80

KoemansNumberTens

Mate you said he was championship standard

I don't really rate him. I could be wrong. It's a damn sight nicer than saying I hate him, calling him fathead or accusing him of not caring. He's 1 of very few who's not been accused of not caring. Personally I think it's harsh to accuse any of them of that

December 11, 2017, 04:03:37 PM
Reply #81

howard1334

We finished mid table in 2 of the 4 seasons Lukaku was here. He wouldn’t be the difference maker at this moment for us, our problems have been much further back.

The attack and defense are more intertwined than that. Team confidence plays a role as well.

December 11, 2017, 04:04:29 PM
Reply #82

KoemansNumberTens

A kid who has just started out his development journey = leeway being given for rough edges
Old pro who has very little/if anything left to learn = open to accusation he won't be good enough to play in our upcoming games

That's the context

Are you saying people just said williams wasn't good enough? Sure I'd seen much worse.

December 11, 2017, 04:06:51 PM
Reply #83

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Are you saying people just said williams wasn't good enough? Sure I'd seen much worse.

So are you saying DCL should be getting unfair abuse because Williams does?

December 11, 2017, 04:13:05 PM
Reply #84

KoemansNumberTens

So are you saying DCL should be getting unfair abuse because Williams does?

No don't be daft. I'm saying people shouldn't be making out that DCL hasn't had a fair deal off all our fans. He's 1 of a few who has

December 11, 2017, 04:20:00 PM
Reply #85

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
i think you're conflating:

Judging somebodies talent and usefulness in any potential match
with
Abuse.

When people say DCL isn't being judged fairly based on the former, you are straw-manning and equating the judgment based on the latter.
Now, don't get me wrong, there are dickheads out there who are giving Williams a dogs life who support Calvert-Lewin. But even that will come from the same place. They think (mistakenly) that it's ok to lamblast a 30odd something year old man, but go a bit easier on a kid.

December 11, 2017, 04:55:44 PM
Reply #86

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Deserves YPOTY I reckon but think kenny will get it.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 11, 2017, 06:09:53 PM
Reply #87

gizzblue

He tries hard but doesn't williams or Martina too. I'm not having some should be above criticism and others aren't
Two seasoned (alleged)profesionals v a kid in his first prem year ...he deserves well more leeway imho.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 06:12:02 PM by gizzblue »

December 11, 2017, 06:24:15 PM
Reply #88

KoemansNumberTens

Two seasoned (alleged)profesionals v a kid in his first prem year ...he deserves well more leeway imho.

Not sure. If williams is finished it's probably no more his fault than if DCL isn't ready.

Doesn't much matter now. They are all much improved

December 11, 2017, 06:24:20 PM
Reply #89

ally2

I'm sure some people were calling Williams a cnut and saying he should never play for us again. We have some simple fans.