April 21, 2018, 04:48:31 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 23645 times)

December 04, 2017, 05:19:11 PM
Reply #75

Jamokachi

It's built up too much within the confines of the club, there's too much pressure because of the perceived importance of it. Those across the park treat it much more like any other game and don't let emotion get in the way. This is our downfall. But how the hell do you go about changing that culture?

December 04, 2017, 05:36:35 PM
Reply #76

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Always amazes me how teams like Burnley snd Palace can go there and come away with a win yet we go there and fold. Weíre a much better side overall than those two but itís the Derby mentality that screws us.

Iíd say other side of that coin is the Lípool arenít bothered when they play those teams so tend to start really slowly etc.

Whereas when they play us they start at 100 mph.

December 04, 2017, 05:37:48 PM
Reply #77

The Analog Kid

Iíd say other side of that coin is the Lípool arenít bothered when they play those teams so tend to start really slowly etc.

Whereas when they play us they start at 100 mph.

This is also true.

December 04, 2017, 06:43:08 PM
Reply #78

duncandisorderly

It's built up too much within the confines of the club, there's too much pressure because of the perceived importance of it. Those across the park treat it much more like any other game and don't let emotion get in the way. This is our downfall. But how the hell do you go about changing that culture?
Hopefully this is where the managers plan of bringing in sports psychology might help us. I'm looking forward to seeing if or how this helps us, some of our players are seen to be weak when the going gets tough, hopefully we see more a resilient squad in general.

December 04, 2017, 06:45:15 PM
Reply #79

MmmBlueRamirez

I think well beat them.

Imagine just how much Rooney will be up for this. Plus theyre still shirt scared of him.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 04, 2017, 06:47:28 PM
Reply #80

formerKHL

I wouldn't expect an immediate psychological change in our attitude just yet....he's only been in a week...

it takes weeks/months of constant mental change manipulation to fully deep root a thought change process...

December 04, 2017, 07:17:36 PM
Reply #81

duncandisorderly

I wouldn't expect an immediate psychological change in our attitude just yet....he's only been in a week...

it takes weeks/months of constant mental change manipulation to fully deep root a thought change process...

Absolutely, it's a process but the positive thing is that it's being started now. One thing i read about Allardyce a while ago is that he's always looking for the extra 1 or 2 percent improvement that can make a difference.

I thought we had touched on this type of thing in the past, maybe with Martinez but I'm not 100 percent sure. As I said it will be interesting to see in the coming months whether it has any effect or not. I know other sportsman swear by it, particularly in sports like golf etc, more individual I know, but it might help our players on an individual basis which in turn could help the team. Probably too early for this derby, but in the future, who knows.

December 04, 2017, 07:29:00 PM
Reply #82

formerKHL

the majority of this work is done on a one on one basis to get the best results...

However, "quick hit" results can work with team sessions....positive reinforcement is a good team building session to constantly deliver to teams...

Sven Goran Erikson was very big on the psychological side of football back in the day when he first started out in coaching and management......he was probably one of the first to fully introduce it to football clubs...

December 04, 2017, 07:36:17 PM
Reply #83

Lxxx

Absolutely, it's a process but the positive thing is that it's being started now. One thing i read about Allardyce a while ago is that he's always looking for the extra 1 or 2 percent improvement that can make a difference.

I thought we had touched on this type of thing in the past, maybe with Martinez but I'm not 100 percent sure. As I said it will be interesting to see in the coming months whether it has any effect or not.

If Martinez would have looked to implement it the psychologist would have been looking to start with the gaffer first.

December 04, 2017, 08:02:55 PM
Reply #84

formerKHL

ha ha..i thing bobby was just a positive person and believed his infectious positiveness would rub off on the team..

unfortunately his positiveness was the negative....as it had a totally detrimental effect on the team who thought they were better than they actually were !

December 04, 2017, 08:46:34 PM
Reply #85

bluenuck

We haven't beaten Liverpool when they've been a shambles, and we've been doing well. When Rodgers was on the verge of being sacked, and they were as flat as anything as a club, we still couldn't turn them over. It has to be mental, for me, not the way they set up.

I did say part of it

December 04, 2017, 09:02:29 PM
Reply #86

D15TIN

---------------Pickford
----Kenny Holgate Williams Martina
Lennon Davies Gana Rooney Sigurdsson
-------------Calvert-Lewin

Hoping allardyce gets the full week with the players, send Shakespeare and ferguson to Cyprus, id keep it the same

Don't concede early otherwise itll be a cricket score, Niasse on last 20mins

December 04, 2017, 09:19:43 PM
Reply #87

D15TIN

I think 5 at the back sends out the wrong message - plus were always shite with 5 at the back, and we played that last season there and got bummed.

December 04, 2017, 10:06:04 PM
Reply #88

Bluebridge

Can we win? Yes, its a football match 11 v 11
Will we win? No, it's a derby.
First time in my life I've ever said this, but if we can avoid defeat by less than three goals, I'll be happy. ( I won't be, but i'm expecting the worst  :'( )

December 04, 2017, 10:07:31 PM
Reply #89

Bluebridge

I think 5 at the back sends out the wrong message - plus were always shite with 5 at the back, and we played that last season there and got bummed.
I agree, we need to play 9 at the back.