November 22, 2018, 12:09:30 AM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 32069 times)

December 04, 2017, 02:29:18 AM
Read 32069 times

Bluedylan

The players should absolutely believe they can beat them, because they definitely can. Liverpool have obvious vulnerabilities that can be exposed.

However, I don't think anyone can or should blame the fans for expecting the worst. It's hugely likely that we'll get pumped all over Anfield for 90 minutes.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 04, 2017, 02:46:38 AM
Reply #1

Bluedylan

At least we're off the bottom a loss to them when we were still down there would have been even worse than usual, small consolation but we have better to look forward to now surely, and we haven't lost it yet.

We're nowhere near the bottom. We're 7 points behind Spurs (which is mad).

December 04, 2017, 01:04:29 PM
Reply #2

Bluedylan

I think part of the reason we can beat Chelsea, and the other big teams and not them is because Liverpool are built in a way that gives a team built like ours the most difficulty.

We haven't beaten Liverpool when they've been a shambles, and we've been doing well. When Rodgers was on the verge of being sacked, and they were as flat as anything as a club, we still couldn't turn them over. It has to be mental, for me, not the way they set up.

December 06, 2017, 02:19:34 AM
Reply #3

Bluedylan

Gotta sit as deep as fuck, keep our shape and have pace on the break, in addition to threatening them from set pieces. That's the blueprint to beat this lot. That might unfortunately mean letting Coutinho have 12 shots from 30 yards, and taking out chances, but so be it.

December 08, 2017, 09:07:48 PM
Reply #4

Bluedylan

Ahhhhh already prepping for the long ball for 90mins

Even Pep has resorted to the long ball against Klopp's high press in Bayern v Dortmund. It's an effective way to combat that approach when done well.

December 09, 2017, 07:08:22 PM
Reply #5

Bluedylan

Agree with Ross, really. The Soccer Saturday lot have just written us off as well. If you were a neutral pundit, looking at the form of the teams and our record at Anfield, you'd be mad to tip anything other than damage limitation.

December 09, 2017, 07:29:00 PM
Reply #6

Bluedylan

You didn't see this bit then?

I prefer to look on the bright side, despite the fact that the bookie's odds reflect our more realistic chances.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing (or offering my opinion even), peej. Just saying that you can understand neutrals tipping them to win. Hopefully that might help us build a bit of a siege mentality.

December 10, 2017, 06:51:24 PM
Reply #7

Bluedylan

Quite looking forward to it now. Got no actual expectations, but hopeful we can shithouse our way to some sort of result.

December 10, 2017, 07:23:15 PM
Reply #8

Bluedylan

Dont see the benefit of playing DCL on the right. Would have made more sense to play Lennon there

Probably trying to isolate their LB against DCL for long diagonals to win the aerial battle.

December 10, 2017, 07:24:00 PM
Reply #9

Bluedylan

That redshite team still looks strong though.

Their defence looks appalling if we can get at it.

December 10, 2017, 07:26:06 PM
Reply #10

Bluedylan

Their line up is really annoying.

I could take losing to them as we're away from home and they're the form team, but them resting players for a derby just shows how little they care about it, and they'll probably win anyway

Think they know what to expect and have gone for a couple more physical options to start, with the option of changing it up once we get knackered.

December 10, 2017, 08:26:20 PM
Reply #11

Bluedylan

Great out ball, Sig.

December 10, 2017, 08:31:53 PM
Reply #12

Bluedylan

Not helping ourselves losing the ball just outside the area. Davies and Kenny guilty.