November 14, 2018, 11:41:44 PM

Author Topic: Liverpool v Everton  (Read 31390 times)

December 03, 2017, 07:26:00 PM
Read 31390 times

Mayor Farnum

Haven't even watched the last couple.

Don't anyone think of saying "form book goes out the window".

December 05, 2017, 12:54:18 AM
Reply #1

Mayor Farnum

Me and my Uncle almost make a point now of EITHER letting the rest of our (KOPITE) family watch it in his front room whilst we dont even bother and drink some Bud in his Conservatory (we occasionally pop in sarcastically with a 'have liverpool scored yet?'  :snigger: ) When the kopites of the family ask 'What you doing staying in that back room' we always say 'dont worry we'll be here for another 18 years as well!'  shakeyheadman

OR

We end up going the only  boozer not showing the match whilst the game is on, and when the barman asks why we are not watching it we laugh and say 'Its at Anfield mate, can we have another pint? Its probably 0-3 Liverpool'  lolol Thats our way of been dealing with it the last few years. Like @brap2 said its horrible, so if you cant beat em, join em.

Like @Jimmywhack said its such a certainty and shit day me and my uncle almost make a macabre joke out of it. Probably watch it this year though as last time we won in 99 at Anfield it was in my Uncle's house i watched it.

Oh God. People who moved in next to me earlier in the year rent and consequently are a right gang of hillbillies. They follow the shite via streams so I have to watch them score then listen to the 'neighbours' cheer the goal five minutes later. 

December 10, 2017, 09:07:15 PM
Reply #2

Mayor Farnum

Pickford's not been too busy. Given our limitations up front I didn't really expect much more to be honest.

December 10, 2017, 09:22:57 PM
Reply #3

Mayor Farnum

20% possession is a whole new level of scaredy pants. Their midfield have 10 yards of space to move into every time they have the ball. When we have it they give us 20cm.

I can't remember too many of the previous games were we've restricted them to one shot on target in 45 minutes in what is as close as you'll get to a nailed on defeat.

December 10, 2017, 09:27:14 PM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

Anyone else just watching the clock in the corner of their telly.

December 10, 2017, 09:31:38 PM
Reply #5

Mayor Farnum

Biggest gap in quality between these two teams that I can remember.

December 10, 2017, 09:34:25 PM
Reply #6

Mayor Farnum

Do linesmen change ends at half time? If so one has had the quietest day ever.

December 10, 2017, 09:39:20 PM
Reply #7

Mayor Farnum

There is but thats not the big problem. We are an incomplete team. Got some decent players but are missing some many elements and have very little that compliments other parts

It is in the long run. I just think the gap between the usual teams at the top and the rest is unbridgeable unless you 'do a City'. It hits home in this fixture because you can't bridge the gap, even over 90 minutes, with work-rate and passion anymore or you end up with nine men. But that's not for the matchday thread.

December 10, 2017, 10:15:02 PM
Reply #8

Mayor Farnum

Brilliant to transform our defence in such a short space of time. They never got behind us once and our 'keeper was never exposed. Even their goal was a piece of individualism.
Every team in the league bar City would take that result.

December 10, 2017, 10:24:03 PM
Reply #9

Mayor Farnum

Tactically, it was the most negative I have ever seen Everton set up for a very long time.

BUT, we won a point from a moment of quality from Rooney, and a good bit of forward play from DCL.

Delighted with the result, happy with the defensive performance, but we were absolutely woeful in attack. Even with big Sam's tactics (which i thought were spot on), Niasse and DCL needed to hold the ball up much better than they did, and we needed to press a little more in the first half.

Being negative would have been ignoring their strengths and just sending a team out to go toe to toe with them. In fact it would have been worse than being negative; it would have been a dereliction of duty from the manager and coaching staff. 

December 10, 2017, 11:45:51 PM
Reply #10

Mayor Farnum

He's like a spoiled child and the press are his indulgent parents.