December 11, 2019, 07:58:14 PM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 18202 times)

December 04, 2017, 02:00:06 AM
Read 18202 times

ally2

Would be over the moon with him but surely he's just after a new deal at Seville. We would definitely have to let someone go. I'd love Arda Turan as well. Getting on but Sam could definitely get a tune out of him I reckon. Just have to check his attitude. He was at the heart of things when the Turkish national team imploded a few years back.

December 29, 2017, 06:37:06 PM
Reply #1

ally2

A sustainable model is great but if there are clear deficiencies in the team (as determined by the management anyway) that can be immediately addressed by signing the right player then that should be done, even if they're older than you'd like. It could be for example that such a player could fill the gaps needed to allow some of our younger players to flourish in certain areas of their game.

December 29, 2017, 06:46:55 PM
Reply #2

ally2

As for spurs, I'm not having them as a model. Yes they got it right in the end, but it was probably more luck than judgement, and it took them 20 years. Went through managers from arch enemy ultimate pragmatist George Graham, to euro punt Christian Gross, to cockney wide boy 'Arry Redknapp to euro hipster AVB to true football man Captain Bellend. They usually went for younger players but hit the jackpots in Bale and Kane. They were ready to sell Bale. We were in for Naughton. And they've got the London pull.