November 13, 2018, 10:42:31 PM

Author Topic: Steven N'Zonzi  (Read 14048 times)

December 20, 2017, 06:21:55 PM
Read 14048 times

Lxxx

The Oldham echo is awful.never read it, never use the website

Thought it was the Oldham Chronicle?

December 29, 2017, 12:10:06 AM
Reply #1

Lxxx

Nzonzi and the Turkish lad would provide height, physicality and presence down the spine. If we can offload a few to offset the cost it stands us in decent stead going into the summer window with money to spend on the extra bits of flair/quality we need.

December 29, 2017, 04:36:09 AM
Reply #2

Lxxx

Getting some legs this story across the net tonight. We might have a couple more 6'+ players in our team before too long.

December 29, 2017, 10:35:11 PM
Reply #3

Lxxx

I do wonder if Walsh has any kind of blueprint he's working to or if he's just trying to save his job by appeasing successive managers and hoping it works out. Since he's joined there hasn't been a clearly definable model he's tried to implement, his first summer was a mishmash of Stekelenburg, Williams, Bolasie and Gueye. Following January was Schneiderlin and Lookman and enough has been written about the summer. We're turning into a squad of players who are past their best and players a long way from reaching their best, which isn't really conducive to getting to where Moshiri states we want to be, in the timeframe he wants it.

December 30, 2017, 12:17:29 AM
Reply #4

Lxxx

So if better recruitment isn't the answer what is, because we won't have the money to compete, and we don't have a manager who is a tactical genius or a coaching genius?

7th ever more.

It's looking more and more that way. Unless we really do start with a new blueprint and try and build what Atletico clearly set out to build, or a Sevilla. With a board, a DoF, a manager and staff who are all working towards one vision, a vision which doesn't change if a manager goes or a star striker, as the next one has already been identified on a shortlist prior to such an event. 
We always seem to be firefighting and when our managers change it's always one extreme to the next. From a Martinez to a Koeman to an Allardyce, all with different ideas and all requiring different things from their players, or different players.

Or maybe the above just isn't really feasible. Who knows.

December 30, 2017, 12:41:09 AM
Reply #5

Lxxx

I wouldn’t say Allardyce is miles away from Koeman in approach.

We’ve only had the DoF approach for two managers in that Moyes / RM were “do it all managers” so I’d say this transition is relatively consistent.

Eg they’d both want big(ish) strikers who people can play off.

Point taken. My post should have really read from a Moyes to a Martinez to a Koeman, which is a bit like a pendulum in terms of their approaches. I'm not sure where we are at the minute though, is Allardyce a short term appointment in the mind of Moshiri, is he hedging his bets with an 18 month contract but if he impresses does he feel duty bound to keep him on to see where it goes... I'm not sure we have a plan at the moment from top down.