July 19, 2018, 03:11:30 PM

Author Topic: Joe Royle has left...  (Read 3576 times)

December 06, 2017, 07:46:14 PM
Read 3576 times

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
I would never want to lose those things that make the club special to me. It would take the soul out of the club to the point it is no longer the Everton I know. When that soul is lost I might as well say I follow any team that is winning. I could be Man City this year, maybe Man Unt next year? Basically I could join the ranks of plastic supporters.
I've been there once with the other team I helped and supported. Take it from me it isn't worth it.
We can still be Everton and win things, the climate in the club may change, we may get a little harder but we can still keep the soul.
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 06, 2017, 08:24:02 PM
Reply #1

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Yeah maybe im being harsh on him.
Ordered a Klopp doll and a box of pins for you. Hold doll firmly, push in pin and twist.
You'll feel much better.☺
The Himalayas has the Yeti, Norway has Trolls, America has Hillbillies. You, good people, are blessed with Shropshire.

December 06, 2017, 08:37:23 PM
Reply #2

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Joe Royle once said I looked like Alan Hansen whilst we were in the toilet.
That's your own fault for bending down.

December 07, 2017, 02:38:12 AM
Reply #3

Shropshire Blue

NSNO Subscriber
Slight change of tack but wasn't Harry Catterick assaulted at Blackpool's ground in 1966 when he played Royle instead of Alex Young and we lost? It might have been his debut as a 16yr old.
Last defeat before we went on an unbeaten run and  reached Wembley I think - which does make you wonder about alternative strategies for dealing with underperforming managers who pick the wrong players.