November 14, 2018, 07:21:50 AM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Liverpool  (Read 5833 times)

December 11, 2017, 02:25:33 PM
Reply #30

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 6 Has he had an easier game?
Kenny 8
Martina 6
Holgate 7
Williams 7
Davies 5
Gueye 6
Siggurdsson 6
Rooney 6
DCL 6
Niasse 4

Schneiderlin 5
Lennon 6
Jagielka na
Simply simply lovely

December 11, 2017, 02:40:05 PM
Reply #31

Waltzer

:Pickfords kicks are amazing.. shame they go straight through to the oppositions goalkeeper too much.

I assumed he'd been tasked with getting our shot count up he did it so often?

December 11, 2017, 03:18:25 PM
Reply #32

MmmblueBernard

Perhaps the development over the last 3 prem games that I am most excited about is Holgate's emergence as a viable CB option. It has been great to see.

I’e not really noticed that Holgates even playing in the last few games.

That’s either the sign of a class player or his CD partner is working twice as hard.

I suspect the former.
Farming Karma like the Dalai Llama

December 11, 2017, 04:11:38 PM
Reply #33

Django

Pickford - 6 - Great goalkeeping especially with how slippy that ball probably was. Kicking not so great, was partly the problem as to why we couldn't keep hold of the ball. Gonna need a proven target man under Allardyce.

Kenny - 8 - Amazing what a run of games does to a player. Great to see him fronting up one of the league's best and coming out on top. Bullied Robertson at times as well. Got a great pass on him as well as he displayed in the build up to the pen.

Holgate - 7 - Really solid. I'm happy to see us jibbing off the play from the back nonsense in games like that, just want to see your centre halves get rid and win headers, which he did supremely. He'll learn a lot more defending like that than from having his confidence ruined. Probably see a better Michael Keane too eventually.

Williams - 7 - A one man rock performance from him that hasn't been seen since his Swansea days. Not asked to do anything special except use his strengths. Good to see.

Martina - 4 - Feel for him, out of his depth in his favoured position and expected to play against the most in-form player in the league on his wrong foot. Actually did really well to close the angle down on Mane but was too weak in the tackle, which happens when you're off balance permanently. Can't believe we allowed all them LBs leave us and didn't include Garbutt in the squad, who surely would of looked better than him.

Gueye - 7 - Looks like he's gonna be vital under big Sam. Back to his best yesterday.

Davies - 5 - Struggle to know what he's bringing to the team lately apart from the threat of a yellow card. Still going to be a boss player but probably needs a break followed by a solid run in the team playing in the same position week in week out.

Sigurdsson - 6 - Put a shift in and works hard defensively. Needs to play in his correct position and to have the team play to his strengths a bit more or he'll never impact on these types of games.

Rooney - 6 - Struggled a bit playing out of position, but no one wanted it more than him. He's still an asset in the big games. His brain on the pitch is better than anyone's and it looks like him and DCL have an understanding with them through balls.

Oumar Baye Niasse - 5 - Thought he did as much as expected of him really. He lacks quality but will harass defences for as long as he's on the pitch. He'll get us 10+ goals easily this season.

DCL - 7 - Bereft of any service but his head never dropped and that's what won us the penalty. He's really coming on as a player now.

Subs -
Lennon - 6 - got us up the pitch and was a good outball as well as tracking back. Would of started him tbh.

Schniederlin - 5 - Really want him to get back to his best, but still looks off the pace and generally bobbins.

Jags - 5 - Came on late, didn't do much. Didn't have to while Henderson and Milner where playing sideways like the Disgrace of Gijon.

December 11, 2017, 04:14:28 PM
Reply #34

mikey_blue

December 11, 2017, 08:28:07 PM
Reply #35

TheTone

regarding Sigurdsson

puts in a shift to be fair to him but disappointed with his close ball control and he is a lot slower than I thought

has played better in recent games though , hoping he can go up another few levels as he must be nearing peak fitness now at this stage

December 11, 2017, 09:50:44 PM
Reply #36

D15TIN

Pickford 7 - Did well, feel calm when he's in goal, had no chance with the goal, distribution a little off yesterday

Martina 5 - Was the weakest player, but we already knew that, all things considered against one of europes strongest attacks, playing on his wrong side, we collectively reduced them to very little clear chances.

Williams 7 - Solid, looking a lot stronger under Sam

Holgate 7 - as above

Kenny 8 - Thought he was excellent, really mature performance, like he'd been playing derbies for years

Gana 8 - Back to his old self yesterday, was everywhere

Davies 5 - Quite poor, had a feeling he'd struggle, lost the ball a few times before being subbed

Rooney 7 - pace of Liverpool showed his age a little, but played a beauty of a ball for DCL as we know, and then kept his nerve

Sigurdsson 6 - Worked hard, the small number of set pieces weren't his best, was quiet

DCL - 7 Worked hard as always, great first touch from rooneys ball, did his job with very little service

Niasse 5 - Same as Davies, didn't really get involved enough, rightly subbed

December 11, 2017, 10:47:03 PM
Reply #37

Macca77

6's for Rooney, Gana, Williams and Pickford
8 for Kenny
3 for Martina
4 for Davies
5's for the resr

December 11, 2017, 10:52:37 PM
Reply #38

Bluedylan

Niasse was awful. One of the worst 'hold the ball up, buy your team time and get them up the pitch' attempts I've ever seen. It was utterly pathetic. He was much worse than Martina, who had a thankless task, out of position and isolated against one of the form players in world football.
Jeff: That's not the way to win.
Kathie: Is there a way to win?
Jeff: There's a way to lose more slowly.

December 11, 2017, 11:06:45 PM
Reply #39

BlueForYou

Job done

Next.........................
"We don't need a badge - everybody knows those blue and white shirts..............Everton"

Harry Catterick

December 11, 2017, 11:08:13 PM
Reply #40

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny aside I thought gana was our best player and has been for a good few weeks now.

December 11, 2017, 11:08:17 PM
Reply #41

cantoffee

Niasse was awful. One of the worst 'hold the ball up, buy your team time and get them up the pitch' attempts I've ever seen. It was utterly pathetic. He was much worse than Martina, who had a thankless task, out of position and isolated against one of the form players in world football.
Yea he really couldn't do anything.

Tough task but every time the ball went in to him on the ground or in the air it came right back at us.

He just doesn't have the hold up play for games like that.

December 11, 2017, 11:12:27 PM
Reply #42

D15TIN

I’e not really noticed that Holgates even playing in the last few games.

That’s either the sign of a class player or his CD partner is working twice as hard.

I suspect the former.
I think that's definitely a good sign

December 11, 2017, 11:13:37 PM
Reply #43

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Kenny aside I thought gana was our best player and has been for a good few weeks now.
He's a dream player for Allardyce
Simply simply lovely

December 12, 2017, 12:33:57 AM
Reply #44

Gash

Global Moderator

It's a big flaw of his, a fundamental part of being a fooballer is being able to control a football.