December 10, 2018, 12:29:04 PM

Author Topic: Match Ratings versus Liverpool  (Read 6109 times)

December 12, 2017, 01:49:00 PM
Reply #45

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Simply simply lovely

December 12, 2017, 02:07:21 PM
Reply #46

GLewis

NSNO Subscriber
Did feel that some of the criticisms were way over the top given that it wasnít as though they were pouring through that side every time.

Certainly canít see the logic in scoring him worse that Davies and Niasse who were in their normal positions and were rubbish.

December 12, 2017, 02:22:04 PM
Reply #47

Toddacelli

Kenny aside I thought gana was our best player and has been for a good few weeks now.

Yeah some of the shouts when he had a dip in form when he was tasked with getting further forward and creating something - awful. He's great at what he does - let's just use him that way.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 12, 2017, 02:27:41 PM
Reply #48

Toddacelli

December 12, 2017, 03:15:35 PM
Reply #49

Gash

Global Moderator
Interesting! Everyone who's ever had anything to say about Martina should read this.

Why? He's generally been poor.

He probably had higher stats because most of their play was coming down his side, his only saving grace was they took Salah off. I wonder how many of these tackles and clearances were after he was subbed? He might have been playing out of position but it doesn't change the fact that even playing his correct position, he's not very good.

December 12, 2017, 03:31:50 PM
Reply #50

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber

He probably had higher stats because most of their play was coming down his side, his only saving grace was they took Salah off. I wonder how many of these tackles and clearances were after he was subbed? He might have been playing out of position but it doesn't change the fact that even playing his correct position, he's not very good.

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 12, 2017, 03:37:07 PM
Reply #51

Gash

Global Moderator

Yeah, don't let facts get in the way of your opinion.

He was poor and largely has been since he arrived, that's a fact.

December 12, 2017, 03:43:30 PM
Reply #52

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
He was poor and largely has been since he arrived, that's a fact.

He has largely been poor yes, true. He wasn't poor Sunday. He had one of the worlds in form players against him and bar one Worldey of a goal(which he was fouled in the build up to) Salah was kept relatively quiet.

Important stats for a defender like clearances, interceptions and tackles show him have had a much better game than poor.

Sure you might not rate him and it might be justified, by at least try to critique his performances objectively.
Farhad Moshiri, Alisher Usmanov, Cenk Tosun, Muhamed Besic, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Ademola Lookman, Oumar Niasse, David Henen, Barack Hussein Obama, Confucius... Everton Muslims growing stronger...

December 12, 2017, 03:48:29 PM
Reply #53

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
Thought he was dreadful myself like.

He wasn't fouled in the goal he was just pathetically weak as usual.

It's negligent that we have such a sub standard player getting regular game time here.

His grim little limp he does every game hoping he gets sub winds me up as well.

December 12, 2017, 03:51:29 PM
Reply #54

Gash

Global Moderator
Sure you might not rate him and it might be justified, by at least try to critique his performances objectively.

I am and in my opinion he was poor and those stats aren't going to change that opinion, football isn't played on a sheet of paper. It's not just my opinion, I'm not sure if you saw the game but all through it people were saying he struggled and even the commentators mentioned he had a hard time.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 03:57:54 PM by Gash »

December 12, 2017, 04:01:00 PM
Reply #55

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
I am and in my opinion he was poor and those stats aren't going to change that opinion, football isn't played on a sheet of paper. It's not just my opinion, I'm not sure if you saw the game but all through it people were saying he struggled and even the commentators mentioned he had a hard time.

Yeah he struggled but I remember many tackles and stopping Salah getting a cross into him having to back track and play a less dangerous ball. All on his weaker foot. If Baines had played right back and played similarly we would all be applauding him.

Salah is currently playing better than Ronaldo. Let that sink in. And Cuco Martina kept him relatively quiet while playing in the wrong side.

December 12, 2017, 04:03:46 PM
Reply #56

Gash

Global Moderator
Yeah he struggled but I remember many tackles and stopping Salah getting a cross into him having to back track and play a less dangerous ball. All on his weaker foot. If Baines had played right back and played similarly we would all be applauding him.

Salah is currently playing better than Ronaldo. Let that sink in. And Cuco Martina kept him relatively quiet while playing in the wrong side.

Go on, just admit it, you didn't see the game. ;)

December 12, 2017, 04:11:24 PM
Reply #57

Confucius

NSNO Subscriber
Go on, just admit it, you didn't see the game. ;)

HAHA! I did watch it. On a massive screen with 3 tiny kids jumping all over me as much as possible.

December 12, 2017, 04:33:06 PM
Reply #58

van der Meyde

Yes, exactly. This kind of use of statistics is very simplistic.

That said, I personally thought that Martina did okay. I thought at the time he was at fault for their goal, but looking at it again I'm not sure if Salah doesn't just plain push him over.

December 12, 2017, 04:38:38 PM
Reply #59

Toddacelli

I didn't mean it would change your mind or anything - to be clear, I agree with you on how poor he has been. But despite my low opinion of him I found these stats interesting. It makes me think that he's probably trying harder than I previously gave him credit for.

And he has had a couple of decent games, in amongst the stinkers.

Stats can be misleading but it's all information and how you use it - I found this interesting, I hope you do too.