September 19, 2018, 10:30:09 PM

Author Topic: Bad formation, not bad players  (Read 854 times)

December 11, 2017, 03:58:49 PM
Read 854 times

gslick

If you look at Everton's team, there are a team with very talented players, they have just been playing with the wrong formation and wrong tactics.

If you look at our midfield, on paper it should be one of the best midfields in the Premiership but it just hasnt worked out that way and with the lack of form, its not helped.

We have new money and a new stadium coming along, in about 3-4 seasons, we should be able to compete with the top 6 every year.

If we get the players playing as a team, defending well then we will can build from there. We have to stop leaking goals first.

I will take a boring 1-0 win over an exciting 3-0 defeat

December 11, 2017, 04:06:10 PM
Reply #1

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Welcome.

I'd go further. I'd prefer a boring 1-0 win rather than an exciting 4-3 win.

If you're shipping 3 goals then there is a problem in your team others can exploit.
If your scorers have an off day & you're a 1-0 team then you still get a point.

Fuck Ballague and his "City play the best football England has ever seen" cuntery. Defence is every bit as much of the game as attack.

December 11, 2017, 04:14:05 PM
Reply #2

Lazarou

Defending does appear to be a lost art in the PL these days, partly because you can't tackle like you used to. Yesterdays performance was shite in a footballing/attacking sense but as a organisational and disciplined performance it was really good.

If there is one thing Allardyce can do is organise and get players in the right positions doing a job with discipline and tactical nous, so we should get the best out of what we have available.

Not sure about the win 1-0 or win 4-3, football is supposed to be entertainment so I will reserve judgement on that.

Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

December 11, 2017, 04:22:13 PM
Reply #3

Mick 1995

NSNO Subscriber
Not sure about the win 1-0 or win 4-3, football is supposed to be entertainment so I will reserve judgement on that.

Fair enough, definitely a matter of opinion that.
"football" is about entertainment to me as well. So i'd prefer to see a 4-3 between West Brom & Burnley perhaps.
But with Everton the single only thing that is important to me is the win and the likelihood of winning the next game.
I'd never be happy with a defence that ships 3 goals, regardless of how good our forwards are.

December 11, 2017, 04:54:04 PM
Reply #4

Mayor Farnum

It's football, if you win enough games it all becomes entertaining.

December 11, 2017, 04:59:36 PM
Reply #5

Rodenplav64

I think the important thing yesterday is that it was the outfield players and not the keeper who did the defensive work . Pickford didn't really have that much to do and those in front of him can take the credit especially as Salah looks like he could win any game at the minute ( thanks for subbing him Jurgen ).

December 11, 2017, 05:30:48 PM
Reply #6

Simon Paul

Administrator
It's football, if you win enough games it all becomes entertaining.

generally the opposite is true

look at how shit the atmosphere was at Old Trafford when they were winning everything all the time, and look at how bad it is at the Emptihad now City are boss

then look at Huddersfield and Stoke, their atmospheres are boss but they rarely win in the Premier League

look at Goodison.  Good football gets a great reception from the fans, but a sending off or a poor decision against us gets us absolutely off our tits.

December 11, 2017, 05:33:20 PM
Reply #7

therealdunc

Disagree with the thread title

Agree with good players

But the issue is not the formation or any formation, the simple fact is the team is massively unbalanced and as such whatever formation we play we will be unbalanced until we sign more players.

P
Blue

December 11, 2017, 05:37:16 PM
Reply #8

Lazarou

Fair enough, definitely a matter of opinion that.
"football" is about entertainment to me as well. So i'd prefer to see a 4-3 between West Brom & Burnley perhaps.
But with Everton the single only thing that is important to me is the win and the likelihood of winning the next game.
I'd never be happy with a defence that ships 3 goals, regardless of how good our forwards are.

Probably seen too many of my Under 10's in a ding dong battle, win or lose it's good for the soul and makes you feel alive. I agree Everton winning is the main job but at the expense of any entertainment?

The problem Allardyce does seem to be addressing first and which you can build on is defensive solidity. Hopefully he will progress on from that and the game against Newcastle will be more ambitious. Be interesting to see if he can strike the right balance.
Everton, ruining the transfer market since summer 2018

December 11, 2017, 06:01:33 PM
Reply #9

gizzblue

We're not rolling over for a belly scratch any more .....and that's a good start , (moyes has West ham doing the same)....we can build from here with a window round the corner too .

December 12, 2017, 01:11:07 AM
Reply #10

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
Emptihad? Come on Si hahahahh
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lá Everton!

December 12, 2017, 04:54:54 AM
Reply #11

Bally

Administrator
Emptihad? Come on Si hahahahh