September 25, 2018, 12:04:08 PM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 13906 times)

December 14, 2017, 04:06:10 AM
Reply #420

Gash

Global Moderator
Nah,

Dominated for the first 45. We had spells of maybe 2-3 minutes where we looked to get control back, but that was it.

Behave!

December 14, 2017, 04:07:19 AM
Reply #421

KoemansNumberTens

Thought we did okay. Defensively very good. Offensively the basics.

Definitely need some attacking reinforcements but delighted at how many points we've managed to grind out so far while waiting for them

Be lovely to have Bolasie back, Barkley stay and a quality striker for the new year.

December 14, 2017, 04:08:44 AM
Reply #422

Sir Stealth

NSNO Subscriber
Definitely prefer a scrappy horrible ugly 1-0 win then a mad 5-2 defeat

Massive result that given how fucking long weíve gone without an away win in the league

Sam is doing fucking brilliantly. With confidence low and a team leaking goals everywhere you simply canít argue with 4 wins and 1 draw in the last 5 with only 1 goal conceded

The same back 5 for all of those games has been a big part in that but also how Sam has organised them. Holgate has come in and done well, Kenny has continued to excel, Williams has regained his form, and well done to him for it, I thought he was finished. And fair fucks to Cuco, heís doing the fucking job!doesnt do anything fancy and just whacks it away. Weíve got no other options and heís alright in my book

Further forward Rooney has just made his class tell recently. Even if itís a half chance, like literally the one bit of class on the ball in the Derby was his ball to DCL

Lennon and DCL are working there arses off too

Winning is all that matters really, sometimes you might want to play better, and we might expect to at home. But away if you can get 3 points then it doesnít matter how the fuck you get it

Up the fucking Big Sam inspired Toffees
You think Lou Bega knocked it out of the park with Mambo number 1?!No but he kept at it!

December 14, 2017, 04:10:39 AM
Reply #423

eyesalwaysblue

Can't be long left surely
I still despise Clive Thomas..

December 14, 2017, 04:12:23 AM
Reply #424

Gash

Global Moderator
Can't be long left surely

4 minutes of stoppage time, mate.

December 14, 2017, 04:12:32 AM
Reply #425

Waltzer

Thought we did okay. Defensively very good. Offensively the basics.

Definitely need some attacking reinforcements but delighted at how many points we've managed to grind out so far while waiting for them

Be lovely to have Bolasie back, Barkley stay and a quality striker for the new year.
What's good is our defence does look so much better, especially when you consider our best 4 aren't playing or are injured, things are starting to look up

December 14, 2017, 04:14:19 AM
Reply #426

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
I'm not sure why people are saying this, they created nothing in the last ten minutes and not much during the rest of the game. Pickford didn't have a decent save to make and hitting the post might as well hit the corner flag as you get just as many goals for it.
I'm just not a fan of inviting it on us. That's all. The more they are in and around our box the more something unexpected can happen. We can be well in control then a shot deflects in
Simply simply lovely

December 14, 2017, 04:16:56 AM
Reply #427

blue slug

If we keep getting clean sheets then we are always going to have a good chance of winning

December 14, 2017, 04:18:19 AM
Reply #428

bluenuck

Behave!

lol

As well as the two woodwork hits I can think of at least two opportunities where they had some arsenal esque passing in our area only to not get a shot away. One time Martina or Holgate pushed a player over(no call).

Second half aside, they continuously jogged into our final 3rd and even our own area with ease, while we couldn't hold possession for more than 2-3 minutes and ended up hoofing it most of the first half.

Don't like a team like that swarming our area, even if they're not producing anything.

And again, I'm just talking about the first half. Second was much better from us.

December 14, 2017, 04:18:50 AM
Reply #429

Gash

Global Moderator
If we keep getting clean sheets then we are always going to have a good chance of winning

Check out Michael Owen here. ;)

December 14, 2017, 04:20:24 AM
Reply #430

blue slug

Check out Michael Owen here. ;)

Please donít 😩

December 14, 2017, 04:20:58 AM
Reply #431

Gash

Global Moderator
lol

As well as the two woodwork hits I can think of at least two opportunities where they had some arsenal esque passing in our area only to not get a shot away. One time Martina or Holgate pushed a player over(no call).

Second half aside, they continuously jogged into our final 3rd and even our own area with ease, while we couldn't hold possession for more than 2-3 minutes and ended up hoofing it most of the first half.

Don't like a team like that swarming our area, even if they're not producing anything.

And again, I'm just talking about the first half. Second was much better from us.

What does it matter if they hit the wood work, it still doesn't count? Come on, "dominated for 45 minutes" massive exaggeration.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:23:24 AM by Gash »

December 14, 2017, 04:22:20 AM
Reply #432

Major Clanger

For where I want us to be, we were very poor today.
For a team that only had 18 days left to avoid going a whole calendar year without an away win, we were perfectly fine.
The Shadow Over Inasmuch - The Adventures of Bicoid, Hunchback and Kruppel

December 14, 2017, 04:24:47 AM
Reply #433

gizzblue

Seen us play loads better and come away with fuck all plenty of times ....watching us do it ugly won't hurt for a bit if were picking up points .

December 14, 2017, 04:34:17 AM
Reply #434

therealdunc

Tonight, in fact this whole month is all about getting as many points as possible before the January transfer window opens.

Another excellent result
Blue