September 21, 2018, 07:21:25 PM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 13829 times)

December 14, 2017, 04:35:56 AM
Reply #435

boothill

It really wasn't, we were comfortable
merseyside making it out we were under siege at times, really boring commentary tho, dont half miss sharpey and his GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL shouts

December 14, 2017, 04:40:13 AM
Reply #436

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
No surprise to see Williams looking a lot better as a very deep centre back who just needs to block, block, smash, block.

Obviously at Swansea he played in a ball-playing side so maybe he had ball magnet DMís or very comfortable CB partner - again, looks more comfortable knowing he has Holgate to pass to and tonight Schneiderlin was offering an out also.

Would be really interested to see what el Grande Samuel could get out of Micheal Keane. Worst case scenario a younger like for like in this system.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 14, 2017, 04:46:06 AM
Reply #437

Bally

Administrator
I don't want a Championship side dominating us for the first 45 minutes, and making us look terrible, while we should have been down by 1 or 2.

I don't think that's much to ask for.
You realise we won and done enough to get the job done, after shipping a fuckton of goals I am happier with shitty 1-0 wins.
Edit

And just in case you don't get it fully, they're in the same fucking league as us
Fucking Fartwrangler
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:47:24 AM by Bally »
It's the roll I way

December 14, 2017, 04:47:32 AM
Reply #438

Macca77

December 14, 2017, 04:49:53 AM
Reply #439

Bally

Administrator
Nah,

Dominated for the first 45. We had spells of maybe 2-3 minutes where we looked to get control back, but that was it.

second was much more controlled.
What the fuck were you watching
It's the roll I way

December 14, 2017, 04:51:01 AM
Reply #440

bluenuck

What does it matter if they hit the wood work, it still doesn't count? Come on, "dominated for 45 minutes" massive exaggeration.

I saw us having difficulty getting the ball forward, and I saw us having difficulty stopping them from walking into our area with ease for a good 90% of that first 45 minutes.

For the first 45; Call it what you want but We were the second best team out there and didn't look good, and didn't deserve to be up by 1.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:54:48 AM by bluenuck »

December 14, 2017, 04:52:55 AM
Reply #441

therealdunc

As stated

How we play this month is not important, itís all about getting as many points before January window

The squad is massively unbalanced, the fact Big Sam has won us so many points already is a credit to him and long may it continue.

We are desperate for the Jan window to address the squad
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:56:49 AM by therealdunc »
Blue

December 14, 2017, 04:56:20 AM
Reply #442

Audrey Horne

NSNO Subscriber
I have to return some videotapes.

Vamos lŠ Everton!

December 14, 2017, 04:57:21 AM
Reply #443

Gash

Global Moderator
I saw us having difficulty getting the ball forward, and I saw us having difficulty stopping them from walking into our area with ease for a good 90% of that first 45 minutes.

Call it what you want but We were the second best team out there and didn't look good, and didn't deserve to be up by 1.

Other than the first ten minutes where we didn't get started I don't see where you're coming from. If anything it was fairly open for large spells in the first half, a bit like "you have it for a few minutes, then we'll have it for a few". But to say we were dominated by a Championship side for 45 minutes is utter bollocks and a massive exaggeration. Some people are still in doomsday mode and desperate to moan about anything, in the end it turned into a pretty comfortable win where as a few weeks ago we'd probably have let them get 2 or 3.

Just enjoy the win rather than try and pick fault with something that wasn't even happening.

December 14, 2017, 05:01:57 AM
Reply #444

bluenuck

Other than the first ten minutes where we didn't get started I don't see where you're coming from. If anything it was fairly open for large spells in the first half, a bit like "you have it for a few minutes, then we'll have it for a few". But to say we were dominated by a Championship side for 45 minutes is utter bollocks and a massive exaggeration. Some people are still in doomsday mode and desperate to moan about anything, in the end it turned into a pretty comfortable win where as a few weeks ago we'd probably have let them get 2 or 3.

Just enjoy the win rather than try and pick fault with something that wasn't even happening.

Someone put the question out there of "what more do we want?" So I answered. Then you jumped all over... Not really having a moan. We were 2nd best in the first half and, as I've said many times already, much better in the second.

Go have a pint.  :cheers:

December 14, 2017, 05:04:19 AM
Reply #445

bacon sarnie

What the fuck were you watching

Igloo TV. Frost generally fucks up reception during Aurora Borealis.

Only messing @bluenuck. I missed the game due to christmas bollocks. Was it that bad? Three points & another blank sheet ain't nothing to scoff at like.

December 14, 2017, 05:07:31 AM
Reply #446

bluenuck

Igloo TV. Frost generally fucks up reception during Aurora Borealis.

Only messing @bluenuck. I missed the game due to christmas bollocks. Was it that bad? Three points & another blank sheet ain't nothing to scoff at like.

First half we were 2nd best. We even struggled at times to get the ball forward or even slow them down. Second half we were a much better side and controlled the game.

Hope I don't get lynched for telling the truth.

December 14, 2017, 05:07:32 AM
Reply #447

Gash

Global Moderator
Someone put the question out there of "what more do we want?" So I answered. Then you jumped all over... Not really having a moan. We were 2nd best in the first half and, as I've said many times already, much better in the second.

Go have a pint.  :cheers:

I was just highlighting how much you were exaggerating. We'll just need to agree to disagree.

It's too late for a pint here.  :cheers:

December 14, 2017, 05:07:56 AM
Reply #448

Macca77

December 14, 2017, 05:08:06 AM
Reply #449

bacon sarnie

Shelvey off

Guaranteed. Should have stuck a tenner on it. Horrible useless bastard. One of Rafa's men is he not?