December 11, 2018, 12:43:59 PM

Author Topic: Newcastle V Everton.  (Read 15474 times)

December 14, 2017, 01:50:14 AM
Read 15474 times

bluenuck

December 14, 2017, 01:51:34 AM
Reply #1

bluenuck

We're on our heels here. Hoofin it

December 14, 2017, 02:01:57 AM
Reply #2

bluenuck

A lot of Statue to statue passing between our mid fielders and centre backs...

December 14, 2017, 02:05:49 AM
Reply #3

bluenuck

gonna be 1 down really quick here if we don't pick it up

December 14, 2017, 02:14:40 AM
Reply #4

bluenuck

unreal....

December 14, 2017, 02:34:45 AM
Reply #5

bluenuck

That was a bad first half

December 14, 2017, 02:35:53 AM
Reply #6

bluenuck

A lot better than Sunday, very open in front of the back four though and needlessly so given Schneiderlin should be sitting there hope it doesn’t bite us on the arse.

They are walking into our area with ease, and we have 2 DM's...

December 14, 2017, 03:49:33 AM
Reply #7

bluenuck

Thought the whole defence did well .No goals and a win what more do we want ?

I don't want a Championship side dominating us for the first 45 minutes, and making us look terrible, while we should have been down by 1 or 2.

I don't think that's much to ask for.

December 14, 2017, 04:05:02 AM
Reply #8

bluenuck

Apart from a half decent ten minutes at the start they were nothing like dominating us. And apart from hit the woodwork with a couple of long range efforts they didn't look like scoring 1 never mind 2.

Nah,

Dominated for the first 45. We had spells of maybe 2-3 minutes where we looked to get control back, but that was it.

second was much more controlled.

December 14, 2017, 04:18:19 AM
Reply #9

bluenuck

Behave!

lol

As well as the two woodwork hits I can think of at least two opportunities where they had some arsenal esque passing in our area only to not get a shot away. One time Martina or Holgate pushed a player over(no call).

Second half aside, they continuously jogged into our final 3rd and even our own area with ease, while we couldn't hold possession for more than 2-3 minutes and ended up hoofing it most of the first half.

Don't like a team like that swarming our area, even if they're not producing anything.

And again, I'm just talking about the first half. Second was much better from us.

December 14, 2017, 04:51:01 AM
Reply #10

bluenuck

What does it matter if they hit the wood work, it still doesn't count? Come on, "dominated for 45 minutes" massive exaggeration.

I saw us having difficulty getting the ball forward, and I saw us having difficulty stopping them from walking into our area with ease for a good 90% of that first 45 minutes.

For the first 45; Call it what you want but We were the second best team out there and didn't look good, and didn't deserve to be up by 1.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:54:48 AM by bluenuck »

December 14, 2017, 05:01:57 AM
Reply #11

bluenuck

Other than the first ten minutes where we didn't get started I don't see where you're coming from. If anything it was fairly open for large spells in the first half, a bit like "you have it for a few minutes, then we'll have it for a few". But to say we were dominated by a Championship side for 45 minutes is utter bollocks and a massive exaggeration. Some people are still in doomsday mode and desperate to moan about anything, in the end it turned into a pretty comfortable win where as a few weeks ago we'd probably have let them get 2 or 3.

Just enjoy the win rather than try and pick fault with something that wasn't even happening.

Someone put the question out there of "what more do we want?" So I answered. Then you jumped all over... Not really having a moan. We were 2nd best in the first half and, as I've said many times already, much better in the second.

Go have a pint.  :cheers:

December 14, 2017, 05:07:31 AM
Reply #12

bluenuck

Igloo TV. Frost generally fucks up reception during Aurora Borealis.

Only messing @bluenuck. I missed the game due to christmas bollocks. Was it that bad? Three points & another blank sheet ain't nothing to scoff at like.

First half we were 2nd best. We even struggled at times to get the ball forward or even slow them down. Second half we were a much better side and controlled the game.

Hope I don't get lynched for telling the truth.