January 19, 2018, 07:51:53 PM

Author Topic: [News]Can Everton Push for a Top-Six Finish Under Allardyce?  (Read 1623 times)

December 12, 2017, 04:03:53 AM
Reply #30

gizzblue

The sky 6 being the limit? Probably
No i actually meant we might get a mention on sky 😅

December 12, 2017, 05:40:38 AM
Reply #31

therealdunc

Allardyces first crack at a big club with money, a lot of managers/former players rate him highly and have said for a while he deserved that chance, just wasn't the attractive choice for most. Let's see how he does, be interesting to see who he brings in in January

I agree with this and January is essential not only to get 2 or 3 in to add some balance to the squad
BUT
We need to get 5 or 6 out

Besic
Jagielka
Robles
Niasse
Klassen
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Fumes Mori

If we can get rid of them and get 3 quality players (left back, winger and striker) then we will have had a brilliant window but I think we will struggle to get rid of so many players in one go.

The easiest players in that list to move on are Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Fumes Mori as they will want games to try and make their respective World Cup squads.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 02:37:46 PM by therealdunc »
Blue

December 12, 2017, 06:02:05 AM
Reply #32

Redartin

Besic
Jagielka
Robles
Niasse
Klassen
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Fumes Mori

That's EIGHT.

December 12, 2017, 06:23:00 AM
Reply #33

montanatoffeefan

Wouldn't discount burnley theyre solid and organised

A sad testament to how far we fell under late Martinez and Koeman.
Everton forever.

December 12, 2017, 02:18:11 PM
Reply #34

april

I can see 6th. Watch the RS implode after the weekend.
And again next month when we set off on a cup run.
Toffeegirls Rule.

December 12, 2017, 03:49:48 PM
Reply #35

TSGun

I hope we're pushing for it whether it's beyond us or not.

December 12, 2017, 05:07:06 PM
Reply #36

everton1952

That's EIGHT.
Plus Sandro is 9. (Why Robles?) A pretty damning summary of the weakness of this squad. That is why we got Sam. I doubt he would be able to shift out more than two of that lot. The answer to the thread question is certainly not.  Anywhere near 8th would be an achievement.

December 12, 2017, 05:36:46 PM
Reply #37

Toddacelli

I agree with this and January is essential not only to get 2 or 3 in to add some balance to the squad
BUT

Besic
Jagielka
Robles
Niasse
Klassen
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Fumes Mori

If we can get rid of them and get 3 quality players (left back, winger and striker) then we will have had a brilliant window but I think we will struggle to get rid of so many players in one go.

The easiest players in that list to move on are Schneiderlin, Mirallas and Fumes Mori as they will want games to try and make their respective World Cup squads.

Besic                   Keep. Low wage, decent squad player, offerss options we don't have with anyone else.
Jagielka               Keep. At least until the end of the season. Be daft to get rid of him and Funes Mori and rely on Holgate Keane and WIlliams. 
Robles                 I agree. I think Stekelenberg has more howlers in him, but I still prefer him to Robles.
Niasse                 Keep. Let him get a decent tally by the end of the season and we'll get a few quid for him. Also offers something unique.
Klaassen             Keep. Not had a go yet. We need to see his best and then decide whether to stick or twist or we could lose a good player very cheaply.
Mirallas               50/50 I do like him but he's not hitting form like he should be. Would be happy either way.
Schneiderlin        Get rid. Plenty of cover in midfield and too much of a shithouse
Fumes Mori         Keep. He has a lot of good about him and would like to see him under Big Sam - he might be the manager to turn him into a very good CB. Also, he plays in the same team as Messi on the international breaks so could get into his ear about coming and playing with Rooney before he retires.    :thumbsup:

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 12, 2017, 07:03:21 PM
Reply #38

therealdunc

Besic                   Keep. Low wage, decent squad player, offerss options we don't have with anyone else.
Jagielka               Keep. At least until the end of the season. Be daft to get rid of him and Funes Mori and rely on Holgate Keane and WIlliams. 
Robles                 I agree. I think Stekelenberg has more howlers in him, but I still prefer him to Robles.
Niasse                 Keep. Let him get a decent tally by the end of the season and we'll get a few quid for him. Also offers something unique.
Klaassen             Keep. Not had a go yet. We need to see his best and then decide whether to stick or twist or we could lose a good player very cheaply.
Mirallas               50/50 I do like him but he's not hitting form like he should be. Would be happy either way.
Schneiderlin        Get rid. Plenty of cover in midfield and too much of a shithouse
Fumes Mori         Keep. He has a lot of good about him and would like to see him under Big Sam - he might be the manager to turn him into a very good CB. Also, he plays in the same team as Messi on the international breaks so could get into his ear about coming and playing with Rooney before he retires.    :thumbsup:

With such ambition, please donít complain if we continue to win nothing
Blue

December 12, 2017, 07:32:11 PM
Reply #39

Toddacelli

With such ambition, please donít complain if we continue to win nothing

Ok I think you are labouring under certain misapprehensions...

I have no ambition. My ambition had nothing to do with your original post, which was "If we can get rid of them and get 3 quality players (left back, winger and striker) then we will have had a brilliant window" and I disagreed. You were talking about getting rid of 3 players who can play CB with no mention of replacements leaving us a squad of 3 CB's - 1 old and unreliable, 1 young and unreliable and a teenager.

Your original post was correct. It wasn't. The additions I agreed with AND getting rid of some dead weight, but weakening areas with no replacements when the players we have currently arew not even good enough? Bad idea. Your original post was wrong, or at best, only partly correct.

You can tell people that they have no right to complain. About anything. I'm just gonna leave that one there and let you think about it for a bit. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I'm only here for the cladding/Bramley Moore Dock updates

December 12, 2017, 07:36:44 PM
Reply #40

Gary1878

I think we can but it would require a West Brom-like implosion by Burnley that happened last season to the Baggies.

December 12, 2017, 08:43:00 PM
Reply #41

Ross

I think we can but it would require a West Brom-like implosion by Burnley that happened last season to the Baggies.

Burnley have got a very tricky Christmas and January, Utd and City twice within a few weeks and Spurs and the Shite also thrown into a nine game difficult period that also includes some tough always to struggling sides.

Thatís the time weíll make up the ground hopefully, it coincides with us playing West Brom a few times and the likes of Bournemouth away. Our most difficult games during this run are at home (Utd & Chelsea), as long as the gap between now and Christmas doesnít increase we should be more than capable of bridging it before the end of January.
There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch.

December 12, 2017, 08:55:14 PM
Reply #42

Tofifee

This is mental!
2 weeks ago I would have bitten hands off for 17th!!
Lads, we got a result against Liverpool sure, but we were CATASTROPHIC!
Only their self implosion saved us.
We played AWFUL.
7th....pipe dream.
We wont go down, but we will finish closer to 17th than 7th
We havent just become a good team again  :headbang:

December 12, 2017, 09:03:50 PM
Reply #43

Omar

I don't see top six, but seventh is a fair chances.

December 12, 2017, 09:11:33 PM
Reply #44

D15TIN

BUT

Besic
Jagielka
Robles
Niasse
Klassen
Mirallas
Schneiderlin
Fumes Mori

Wouldn't sell Niasse, I'd just have him as an option off the bench, I think he's useful, agree with most of the rest

Mori's not going to be fit until the end of the season so he'll be staying for now