April 24, 2018, 01:47:04 PM

Author Topic: Ratings vs Newcastle  (Read 1480 times)

December 14, 2017, 04:16:32 AM
Read 1480 times

stirlingblue

This is a hard one to rate as we didn't play amazingly but everybody did their job well.

Pickford - 6 - Couple of good claims but once again some really erratic kicking at times

Kenny - 7 - Solid performance, surprisingly good in the air and can drop a really good out ball into the channel

Williams/Holgate - 7 - Solid performance, who would have thought that this would be our best pairing?

Martina - 6.5 - worked hard defensively but slowed down our attacks down his side as he would go down the line onto his left foot.

Gueye - 7.5 - he was everywhere today, and no stupid fouls either.

Schniederlin - 6 - His recent form has set the bar so low that people think today was a good performance, he's not a good enough DM to justify how little he passes the ball forward.

Lennon - 6.5 - Quiet game from him today, bumped up 0.5 for creating the goal

Sig - 6.5 - Put a massive shift in supporting Martina but still found the energy to get involved going forward. If him and Rooney somehow click then we'll see some great moves.

Rooney - 6.5 - Goal aside it wasn't his best game, but as frustrating as he can be he's our best method to make things happen.

DCL - 7 - Some good hold up play, especially considering he was against 4 players on his own at times and involved in our goal.

Subs:

Vlasic - 7 - Exactly what you need in a sub in a situation like today, puts himself about and wins fouls to take the pressure off.

Davies - 6.5 - some good play to run the clock down, and an extra .5 for being a snidely bastard.

Jags - N/A

Honourable mention:

@Blargins - 2 - Made everybody panic and think Newcastle got a late equaliser

December 14, 2017, 04:24:02 AM
Reply #1

Jimmywhack

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford 6
Kenny 6
Martina 7
Holgate 8 mom
Williams 6
Schneiderlin 6
Gueye 7
Rooney 7
Sigurdsson 6
Lennon 5
Dcl 6

Vlasic 6
Davies 6
Jagielka na

Simply simply lovely

December 14, 2017, 04:24:17 AM
Reply #2

Duncs_a_legend

NSNO Subscriber
Pickford - 6

Kenny - 7

William - 7

Holgate - 7

Martina - 7

Gueye - 8

Schniederlin - 6

Lennon - 6

Sig - 7

Rooney - 7

DCL - 7

subs

Vlasic - 7
Davies - 6
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:25:31 AM by Duncs_a_legend »
"I would never die for my beliefs...because I might be wrong"

December 14, 2017, 04:25:33 AM
Reply #3

Heisenberg

There is something that still really doesn't work with our attack and i just dont think Sigi fits in

December 14, 2017, 04:34:03 AM
Reply #4

mikey_blue

There is something that still really doesn't work with our attack and i just dont think Sigi fits in

Iíd be tempted to play a midfield of:

Gana
         Rooney        Sig
Lennon                        Vlasic

Fuck off the whole No10 role and play two wingers.

December 14, 2017, 04:38:19 AM
Reply #5

Shogun

Administrator
Sig will produce more once he doesn't have to babysit Martina
I'm more trusting of fellas when they have my cock in their mouth

December 14, 2017, 04:53:51 AM
Reply #6

therealdunc

Agree

You can tell having to do so much defensive work is holding him back a bit.

Will help when Baines is back and even more if we sign a new left back
Blue

December 14, 2017, 04:54:49 AM
Reply #7

toffee_scot

Unless Alardyce wants " Sigurtina " to be the new " Bainaar" on the left flank.

December 14, 2017, 05:17:49 AM
Reply #8

kramer0

Good result. Hated the line-up. Gana/Schneiderlin is a garbage midfield. The latter has no ambition to help us going forward. The former has the ambition but lacks the quality (can't shoot, can't pass in the final third).

Buy someone else who can pass/shoot, let Gana sit in front of the CBs and do what he does well, keep Schneiderlin on the bench.

If Allardyce's long-term plan is to include another DM to free up Gana to play box-to-box, I'm sticking my head in an oven.

December 14, 2017, 05:47:32 AM
Reply #9

Jamokachi

Schneiderlin had a good game. Held his position well, always showed for the ball, neat and tidy in his passing and broke up play on the rare occasion Gana wasn't there to do it.

Those proclaiming he lacks ambition in his play need to realise the role he's being asked to play. It's obvious Sam wants him to sit deep, take control of the ball and slow the game down. We know he has the ability to be more forward thinking, he showed that aplenty last season.

At the moment he's a far better option than Davies et all.

December 14, 2017, 06:07:19 AM
Reply #10

TheRam

NSNO Subscriber
On Sig, it's great to have a playmaker who's more than willing to put a shift in off the ball.

Players like his type are usually very selfish in how they play and are reluctant to help in defence.

He's more than happy to put a shift in and sacrifice himself.

Also, he and Rooney seem to have a very good understanding and hopefully we'll start seeing the benefits of that when we play at home.

Holgate was immense tonight as was gana.

December 14, 2017, 07:20:16 AM
Reply #11

blargins

NSNO Subscriber
This is a hard one to rate as we didn't play amazingly but everybody did their job well.

Pickford - 6 - Couple of good claims but once again some really erratic kicking at times

Kenny - 7 - Solid performance, surprisingly good in the air and can drop a really good out ball into the channel

Williams/Holgate - 7 - Solid performance, who would have thought that this would be our best pairing?

Martina - 6.5 - worked hard defensively but slowed down our attacks down his side as he would go down the line onto his left foot.

Gueye - 7.5 - he was everywhere today, and no stupid fouls either.

Schniederlin - 6 - His recent form has set the bar so low that people think today was a good performance, he's not a good enough DM to justify how little he passes the ball forward.

Lennon - 6.5 - Quiet game from him today, bumped up 0.5 for creating the goal

Sig - 6.5 - Put a massive shift in supporting Martina but still found the energy to get involved going forward. If him and Rooney somehow click then we'll see some great moves.

Rooney - 6.5 - Goal aside it wasn't his best game, but as frustrating as he can be he's our best method to make things happen.

DCL - 7 - Some good hold up play, especially considering he was against 4 players on his own at times and involved in our goal.

Subs:

Vlasic - 7 - Exactly what you need in a sub in a situation like today, puts himself about and wins fouls to take the pressure off.

Davies - 6.5 - some good play to run the clock down, and an extra .5 for being a snidely bastard.

Jags - N/A

Honourable mention:

@Blargins - 2 - Made everybody panic and think Newcastle got a late equaliser
So I didnít get motm then?

Btw my stream was 5 minutes behind everyone elseís
"I wouldn't be up here if I hadn't failed a million times." Nick Foles

December 14, 2017, 04:21:52 PM
Reply #12

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
Schneiderlin had a good game. Held his position well, always showed for the ball, neat and tidy in his passing and broke up play on the rare occasion Gana wasn't there to do it.

Those proclaiming he lacks ambition in his play need to realise the role he's being asked to play. It's obvious Sam wants him to sit deep, take control of the ball and slow the game down. We know he has the ability to be more forward thinking, he showed that aplenty last season.

At the moment he's a far better option than Davies et all.

True I think he was alright last night and in general we had spells of comfortable CM play.

We lack a transitional midfielder like Barkley who can spray it or suddenly burst 20-30 yards up the pitch.

Think merino looked absolutely quality last night, very surprised they got him and hopefully thereís a relegation clause..

Tom Davies is a worry. Looked every bit the teenager this year unfortunately.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 14, 2017, 04:24:47 PM
Reply #13

brap2

NSNO Subscriber
On Sig, it's great to have a playmaker who's more than willing to put a shift in off the ball.

Players like his type are usually very selfish in how they play and are reluctant to help in defence.

He's more than happy to put a shift in and sacrifice himself.

Also, he and Rooney seem to have a very good understanding and hopefully we'll start seeing the benefits of that when we play at home.

Holgate was immense tonight as was gana.

Still looks a yard off to me, but doing enough off the ball with flashes of quality to warrant a start.
I knew that someday I was going to die, and I knew that before I died, two things would happen to me. That number one; I would regret my entire life, and number two; that I would want to live my life over again.

December 14, 2017, 04:32:28 PM
Reply #14

Tofifee

Anyone who says Rooney was only OK last night wants to have a word with themselves, he was the best player on the pitch. Prob for him is he needs to remember at times he doesnt have Roy Keane, Paul Scholes and Ronaldo around him, he has Morgan, Aaron Lennon and DCL....